The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know Viictoria herself once said that she cannot focus on only one thing, she has to have a very varied education.

But perhaps she could have taken a minor degree, and then studied all the other things aswell. The Bernadottes are known to become very old so its not like she has to rush through her education which was a fact when the King studied. His grandfather was very old and could die anytime. He was just 27 when he became King so he did not have time to study for a long time.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I´m agreeing with Yennie.

As it seems, it was for 1998 (and the years after it) planned, that Victoria would do the full study in political scienes. She was already registered in Uppsala and all. And then the anorexia/bulimia crossed her plans. I could very well imagine, that the idea of being a regular student in a public high prestige program of studies and suffering from dyslexia scared her a lot and contributed to the developlment of the eating disoders.

So I guess...there was a mix...for the king it was, with or without dyslexia, surely not bad to get some knowledge in various fields.
So this idea was surely also somehow planned for his daughter (and as Yennie pointed out, if things go well, she would have a good deal of time...and if she wouldn´t have had time...well...the basics, she already knew as charming toddler. Queens are born, not made...my personal opinion only of course )

But I guess, it was in the beginning also planned, that she would do a full study or maybe a full military career. And if you ask me, it´s not bad to do a full study. Maybe those, who are doing it or have done it, agree with me.

There is a lot of stuff, that isn´t maybe sooo important and in the times, one has to study it, one is cursing things...but at the end of the road, you simply have a broadened your horizon, you have a base, you can build on, and you have fighted it out.
I could imagine, if you are just staying somewhere for several weeks and without being graded, you are taking things less "seriously"
But this kind of job/internship hopping is of course fantastisk for creating a "network of support" with all kind of ppl. Maybe that´s just the right thing a queen is needing (?)

Old 06-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering there is no major at any university for "being queen" an interdisciplinary education is the most useful for her. She has spent enough time at Swedish US universities so she may already have enough credits for a degree. She is by no means uneducated - her career does not have a pre-determined educational track.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Considering there is no major at any university for "being queen" an interdisciplinary education is the most useful for her
Comparing the studies of Haakon and Frederik with Victoria's, there seem to be some sort of "requirement." All three have been either training with the diplomatic corpse, and/or stationed at an embassy. They've studied political science. They've been training in their respective forces (army/navy).

Victoria might not have the Master's degree in Political Science that Haakon and Frederik has - but, personally, I think that the various courses that she has followed should by no means be discounted just because they don't give a formal title. All her courses seem to be directed towards her future position, and promoting Sweden. The education of a Queen.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Yes. I thought that it would make her well rounded for her future roll. She seems to have been undergoing her education for quite some time also. I think it's safe to say that she is getting an extensive one as well. Though she might not be as old as her Crown Princely cousins are, she may be just as educated if not more.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Courtier

Often it is better for a person in Crown Princess Victoria's type of role to have studied/experinced many different subjects as opposed to one or two.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

On June 7 2007 crownprincess Victoria graduated from the Diplomat programme

A year goes by so fast. Today crownprincess Victoria graduated from the diplomat programme, as one of 20 students.
- It feels good, but it´s a bit sad to leave the class, Victoria said when the whole group posed for one last photo together.
Everyone was in high spirits when they gathered to take the class photograph, and to receive flowers.

article: Aftonbladet: Grattis till examen Victoria!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
On June 7 2007 crownprincess Victoria graduated from the Diplomat programme

article: Aftonbladet: Grattis till examen Victoria!
Oh, dear. I haven't got a clue on the article, but congratulations to CP Victoria!

I wonder what's next on her education? If one would take into consideration all her studies, she's beyond PhD level now!

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 06-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Oh, dear. I haven't got a clue on the article, but congratulations to CP Victoria!

I wonder what's next on her education? If one would take into consideration all her studies, she's beyond PhD level now!
Yes, good question. Maybe an social issue wouldn´t be bad now.
IMO it simply would be better, if she would do something more education-wise.
Not because I think, she would need it...but if she would work now full-time with duties, she also would be obliged to do some big things like trips for the Swedish trade.
And then the engagement question would be debated in all kind of ways. Usually a cluster of journalists is following at these trips, there are press meetings with interviews and so on.
And while she was in the diplomacy course, one could have always said "No wedding, she is busy with the diplomacy course"
In the beginning there was the idea, that she would also do the internship, that the "ordinary" graduates are starting these days. As it seems this is not the case (I´m not surprised...she has more than enough experience with internships in embassies...and Victoria never ever would skip her beloved summer vacation. In the past 10 years, she never did and I think she never will )
This week Svensk Damtidning is speculating about Daniel firstly wanting to have a big success in the business world and so he´d want the Brazil hotel project succeeding before a possible wedding. If that would be true, one would need to fill at least 5 more years with internships and training programmes for Victoria
Old 06-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Nobility

I think Victoria is such a wonderful example to young women. I know that a lot of people hound her about getting married. Some even call her a spinster, which is infuriating to me, because she is still very young. Many women today are getting married and having kids later in life, and stats say those marriages last longer and are happier in general with a greater chance for success.

She is pursuing her educational goals admirabley, carrying on with her duties. She is not wining. She has an attractive man whom she seems happy with. They've been together for awhile, he does his thing, she does hers. They are a good balance.

I agree they have been together for a long time and probably will end up getting married. But, even if they don't, she is a strong woman and is showing hey, look I don't need to be married to be complete. I will get married when I am ready, when I have pursued my goals and my dreams. Then she will be ready to move onto the new dreams of marriage, husband, children.

I think the pressure for her to marry comes from others, IMO she seems perfectly happy and I hope she will be happily married one day with lots of kids and tells her own daughters to pursue their dreams and life their life according to their own time tables, not that of others.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Courtier

It may be just my own opinion, but it almost seems as if CP Victoria is going thru some sort of metamorphisis. She is dressing more age appropriate, less matronly since her state visit to Denmark.
She seems to wearing more daring clothes. Not daring in the sense of dressing to look cheap or tarty, but more in the sense that it is a far departure from what she has been wearing over the years. For ex: drab colors, drab dresses, glasses, ponytail, ect.
She is branching out and wearing great colors, dressing her hair up a little more, different styles of dresses more flattering to her body shape.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that she is more "polished" and "put together" now than she was before. It seems as if she is more comfortable in her own skin now.
But whatever my opinion is, she is looking great, and I hope she continues.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Majesty

this fall what will be the main focus do you think, will she work abroud again maybe at a ambassy for a year
Old 08-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Languages Victoria Knows?

According to a story in Expressen, Victoria is going this autumn to concentrate on learning French, she already can speak the language, but she wants to deepen her skills.
Expressen

The story tells mostly of Madeleine - she is going to continue her studies, now she will study child-psychology.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Commoner

i found that victoria should learn german, it´s the native language of her mother and if my mother comes from another country i want to speak the motherlanguage of my mother
Old 08-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathaFD View Post
i found that victoria should learn german, it´s the native language of her mother and if my mother comes from another country i want to speak the motherlanguage of my mother
She learned german when she was a child to be able to speak to her grandpparents and other german relatives. So both Victoria and her sibs speaks german
Old 10-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Serene Highness

Do you know, in with city in France and how long study the crown princess france?

The next weeks are no official events for her in Sweden!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Do you know, in with city in France and how long study the crown princess france?

The next weeks are no official events for her in Sweden!
No one outside the royal circles knows where she is at the moment, at least there's been no mention of anything. Her next appearance I suppose will be at the Swedish Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) conference "Meeting Place Crisis Preparedness" on 7 and 8 November at Norra Latin in Stockholm.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Serene Highness

Sofia, thanks for the information. It is pitty, that royalcourt no mentioned about the crown princess staying!

On 15th November 2007 the crown princess will opening "Victoria skola" in Madeira.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was wondering, what has CP Victoria been doing the last month? I believe her last solo engagement were the monckey´s from Borneo, on October 11th. Still away without further explanation? Hmz...let´s hope she was tied up in planning a certain event
Old 11-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I was wondering, what has CP Victoria been doing the last month? I believe her last solo engagement were the monckey´s from Borneo, on October 11th. Still away without further explanation? Hmz...let´s hope she was tied up in planning a certain event
There have been several pictures in the magazines of her on holiday with her girlfriends in the south of France.

Tags
crown princess victoria, denmark, education, european union, language skills, languages, united nations, university