Crown Princess Victoria's Birthday (Victoriadagen) - July 14: 2008-2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can tell that the host isnt an entertainer but a naturephotograph, because he isnt funny no matter how he tries.

And didnt they have anything else to shield them from the rain?

I'm really enjoying this birthday spectacle.

It's too bad that Madeleine doesn't get one- she and I share a birthday and I could pretend it was for me :lol:

Anyone watching the concert right now...what was up with the host saying "meep meep" LOL?? Victoria looked pretty amused by it.

Anyone watching the concert right now...what was up with the host saying "meep meep" LOL?? Victoria looked pretty amused by it.

Some bird that isnt usually part of the Swedish fauna showed up a few days ago on Öland.

Yes, Peter Forsberg, MODO, Colorado Avalanche, Philly Flyers, Nashville Predators was in the front row

so typical here, the RAIN can absolutely RUIN everything......although they say it's a bit of a "first" for the Crown Princess to have rain on her birthday....Still, if the ROyal Family has ANy "power" left- make them be able to FIX the weather. Loved the shots of the drenched public waiting for CPV- and the King shaking his fist at the weather- lot of good that did ....

I wish her a nice baby for her next birthday.

Very considerate of the royal family to not use their umbrellas as that would have blocked the view for the guests seated behind them.

Aaahh, typical swedish summer weather.

Happy birthday princess victoria!!!

Greetings from Florida. Happy Birthday!

:clap::clap::swedenflag2::swedenstandard::crown3::crown3::crown3::castle3::castle3::castle3::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

mattep74 said:
Some bird that isnt usually part of the Swedish fauna showed up a few days ago on Öland.

Yes, Peter Forsberg, MODO, Colorado Avalanche, Philly Flyers, Nashville Predators was in the front row

Sorry...I should have said Peter Forsberg and not his nickname fo the benefit of those who are not hockey fans!!! :blush: I'm Canadian...I forget not everyone is into hockey!.

Happy Birthday Victoria!!. May it be a happy and blessed year!

Last edited:
Poor things!

Perhaps someone should consider drowning the organizers.
I mean the ground was soaking wet, the clouds so grey you'd almost get a depression just from looking at them. And surprise, surprise, it started to rain....
Were the SRF supposed to just sit there and get soaking wet? :huh:

Poor things!

Perhaps someone should consider drowning the organizers.
I mean the ground was soaking wet, the clouds so grey you'd almost get a depression just from looking at them. And surprise, surprise, it started to rain....
Were the SRF supposed to just sit there and get soaking wet? :huh:

If the royal family would have had umbrellas, the people behind then hadn´t seen anything ...

I enjoyed watching the concert yesterday, Foppa was a nice addition to the Sedin twins, for me as a hockey fan at least, and Victoria was radiant rain or sunshine it did not matter to her. Hope that no one catched a cold there.

I just love the colourful clothing worn by Mum and the daughters.
Is there a name for this kind of clothing?

If the royal family would have had umbrellas, the people behind then hadn´t seen anything ...

Then equip them with proper raingear.

- It's raining! Yeah okay, I'll just sit here trying to look glamourous and delighted and enjoing the show, while being soaking wet, my hair is a complete mess and my (pretty expensive) dress is almost ruined. :frazzled:

If I were a member of the SRF I would right now be busy torturing a voodoo doll of the person, who failed me. :hotwater:

Then equip them with proper raingear.

- It's raining! Yeah okay, I'll just sit here trying to look glamourous and delighted and enjoing the show, while being soaking wet, my hair is a complete mess and my (pretty expensive) dress is almost ruined. :frazzled:

If I were a member of the SRF I would right now be busy torturing a voodoo doll of the person, who failed me. :hotwater:
It was raining the whole day, they knew where they were going, if they wanted some better protection against rain or save their "expensive clothes" , they'd have done it. They were probably comfortable with what they got and did not care about getting all wet that much.

I just love the colourful clothing worn by Mum and the daughters.
Is there a name for this kind of clothing?

Queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria wear a modification of "Ölandsdräkten" (the Öland costume). The costume was created by Queen Victoria, wife of King Gustav the fifth. Together with Oda Berg from Kalmar County Arts and Crafts she designed the dress, the royal Öland costume that is worn today by women of the royal family.
Folkdräkten är en av Victorias klassiker | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Regnkaos på Victoriadagen « Hovbloggen
Kejsarens nya kläder « Hovbloggen

Photos:
Ölandsposten
Kronprinsessans skrattattack | Starlounge: Sveriges största kändissajt

Victoria von Schweden: Strahlender Geburtstag im Regen! - BUNTE

Last edited:
I enjoyed the celebrations but thought there was definately an elephant in the room. The Princess is 34 now and over 1 year married and I think the pressure on her to get pregnant is increasing. I like Victoria and hope that she is blessed with a baby soon as the older she gets the more, I think, people are going to wonder about it.

Last edited:
I do agree with your statement angela, though it cannot be pleasent for Victoria to feel such pressure.

I do agree with your statement angela, though it cannot be pleasent for Victoria to feel such pressure.
Let's not assume she is feeling any pressure. Daniel and Victoria may very well have planned some time without children especially as the two of them were much needed during the turmoil this year.

Duke of Marmalade said:
I have nothing against showing feelings but on some occasions Victoria is pushing it too far, kissing & fussing over Daniel. I might be wrong but my impression is that she is more into him than he into her, from the beginning.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2011/PPE110714222.jpg

I've always felt like she was more into Daniel than he was into her. Perhaps she's just an overly affectionate person but I would like to see him kissing her hand once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom