Crown Princess Victoria's Birthday (Victoriadagen) - July 14: 2008-2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's charming! I love the flower wreath every year. It makes he seem so girlish.

I think the way Victoria´s birthday is celebrated, is very nice and great. It´s Victoria-day, and everyone can celebrate the princess. It´s lovely to see Victoria with children.

Here´s the video
SVT

More photos
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Last edited:
All the best in her private and royal life. :flowers:

Thanks for the clip LadyFinn, it was nice to watch! I had no idea what the king or the crownprincess said though, or why they put samba music under it. I like the dress actually, it seems appropriate for summer.

Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip at Victoria's birthday celebrations in Borgholm, island of Oeland, Southern Sweden, July 14, 2008. Foto Fredrik Sandberg

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4*

Crown Princess Victoria giving a prize to athlete Susanna Kallur at Victoria's birthday celebrations in Borgholm, island of Oeland, Southern Sweden, July 14, 2008. Foto Fredrik Sandberg

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4*

IBL has up a Gallery

Last edited:
The pilot sunglasses and the traditional dress make a funny combination on the birthday girl. She looks radiant though (as she should on her birthday of course).

Now if I get it right, she fist celebrates it at Solliden with people who visit the palace/locals/? and later on anothe place with people from all over the country? What is it that is done at Borgholm btw? I recall seeing pictures of such an event each year but I have no idea what the royals are actually watching.

Thanks Radker, giov and LadyFinn for providing the pictures btw!

Last edited:
BORGHOLM, SWEDEN - JULY 14: Prince Carl Philip, Crown Princess Victoia, King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine of Sweden celebrate Crown Princess Victoria's 31st Birthday at Borgholms Idrottsplats on July 14, 2008 in Borgholm, Sweden. (Photo by Torsten Laursen/Getty Images)

*Pic1* *Pic2* *Pic3* *Pic4* *Pic5*

Leona Lewis performs at Crown Princess Victoia of Sweden's 31st Birthday celebrations at Borgholms Idrottsplats on July 14, 2008 in Borgholm, Sweden. (Photo by Torsten Laursen/Getty Images)

*Pic1* *Pic2*

Charlotte Perrelli performs at Crown Princess Victoia of Sweden's 31st Birthday celebrations at Borgholms Idrottsplats on July 14, 2008 in Borgholm, Sweden. (Photo by Torsten Laursen/Getty Images)

*Pic1*

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics and video. It was nice to see the king take a camera from a one of the well-wishers, take a picture of Victoria with the locals, and then return it to the owner. That was nice of him. ;)

Wow... Leona Lewis. She's a great singer, and you hear "Bleeding Love" played all the time here on the radio. Does anybody have a video of her or know what she sang? Perhaps Victoria is a fan.:flowers:

Victoria looks so down to earth and seems like such a nice and genuine person. What a beautiful woman, inside and out:flowers::flowers::flowers:
I do agree though that it is kind of much for a 31 yrs old woman, wonder what her siblings think about all the fuss?
I guess when she is queen it will like a lot of the other reigning Queens, a national holiday. Did any of them ever celebrate their birthdays when they were crown princess like Victoria's?

When oh when is this young lady going to get married?

I'm sure she had a lovely day I'm quite jealous Leona Lewis is a great singer! Has Victoria always worn a ring on her wedding finger?

crm2317

Looks like the same ring if you look at the Belguim baptism pictures of Princess Eleonore.

Last edited:
she was great for her birthday!!!!

prince carl philip is really handsome!!!

I understand she is older, but I think it is more than just her birthday party. It is many things. An excuse for the family to get together and celebrate. It is a great way to make the royals visible and it seems like it gives the country a nice concert.

I also noticed this is the second person from X-factor that has performed and it usually seems like they are English (language) singers , such as Leona, Lionel Ritchie and the other X-factor guy. I also thought Madeleine liked Leona more than her sister, she seemed to be enjoying it in the second video. I wonder, who picks the performers?

I like the way Victoria celebrates her birthday - I think this is a great way to celebrate the birthday of a future monarch, but also to celebrate the royal family and Swedish culture. Much better than having the royals hide in their palaces! I agree that Carl Philip is handsome - I think the whole family is! Victoria looked so radiant and happy. Madeleine, of course, looked gorgeous. And the King and Queen look very happy too. Thank you for all the lovely pictures.

I would give my eye teeth to look like Madeleine, only with my dark hair. I won't go blonde. Good Lord, she's gorgeous.

I like the way Victoria celebrates her birthday - I think this is a great way to celebrate the birthday of a future monarch, but also to celebrate the royal family and Swedish culture. Much better than having the royals hide in their palaces! I agree that Carl Philip is handsome - I think the whole family is! Victoria looked so radiant and happy. Madeleine, of course, looked gorgeous. And the King and Queen look very happy too. Thank you for all the lovely pictures.
It is also very common in swedish families to get together at their summer house with extended family and friends - and if you happen to have a birthday during this time you will have a great celebration.
This was supposedly the last year of the spectacle in the evening. The contract has not been renewed and although something official will be made of our Crown Princess' birthday it will not be the same.

Who knows, she maybe married by her next birthday and she and her husband may want to organize her birthday celebrations themselves.

Stellad

Who knows, she maybe married by her next birthday and she and her husband may want to organize her birthday celebrations themselves.

Stellad

Well one can always hope, but I have done so for several years now...:bang:

Were there any reports in the Swedish papers that Daniel had spent some time with her on the actual day of her birthday?

Stellad

Back
Top Bottom