Crown Princess Victoria's Birthday (Victoriadagen) - July 14: 2002-2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yennie said:
some more photos from her birthday!

Thank you, Yennie for seeking out these photos. Marvelous photos of the birthday woman.:)

Last edited:
Some more pictures, from Seegerpress:

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00143660.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143660.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 227
  • pre-SEEGER00143661.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143661.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 248
  • pre-SEEGER00143662.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143662.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 246
  • pre-SEEGER00143663.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143663.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 254
  • pre-SEEGER00143664.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143664.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 341
  • pre-SEEGER00143665.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143665.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 265
  • pre-SEEGER00143666.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143666.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 319
  • pre-SEEGER00143671.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143671.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 398
  • pre-SEEGER00143673.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143673.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 228
  • pre-SEEGER00143659.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143659.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 249
And even more pictures, from Seegerpress:

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00143675.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143675.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 221
  • pre-SEEGER00143686.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143686.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 257
  • pre-SEEGER00143683.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143683.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 349
  • pre-SEEGER00143682.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143682.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 263
  • pre-SEEGER00143681.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143681.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 233
  • pre-SEEGER00143680.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143680.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 298
  • pre-SEEGER00143679.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143679.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 272
  • pre-SEEGER00143678.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143678.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 227
  • pre-SEEGER00143676.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143676.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 250
  • pre-SEEGER00143674.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00143674.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 275
A close-up of some of the gifts Victoria received from the audience, and Queen Silvia in a car leaving the afternoon/evening celebrations in Borgholm. From Seegerpress.

Attachments

• presenter.jpg
    presenter.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 306
  • Silvia bil.jpg
    Silvia bil.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 252
Josefine said:
was there a interview with victoria?
Yes, Mak Levengood intervied her. I think there is a clip of it posted either in this thread or in the Tv thread...

I have just translated and posted the annual litle birthday interview with Crown Princess Victoria, you can read it here.

The 29th Birthday - 14 July, 2006

The summer is once again getting closer, and soon it will that time of year again - the Victoria Day, the Crown Princess' birthday, this year it's her 29th! Only one more year until she reaches that "magic" 30! :D

Today there are 47 days left until her birthday, and this year it will fall on a Friday.

Please post all things related to the Victoria Day 2006 here - information, pictures, press clips etc.

The thread for Crown Princess Victoria's birthday in 2005, her 28th, can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first info about the 2006 celebrations in Borgholm on the island of Öland has arrived!

Programme host

pernillamalm8wb.jpg

Picture by Malmö.com
Pernilla Månsson Colt, an experienced programme host who has lead some of the biggest events on Swedish Television. She works with entertainment news on SVT.

Performers

hakanhellstrom54rn.jpg

Picture by Virgin
Håkan Hellström, a popular singer/songwriter with several Swedish grammies on his resumé.

lenaphilipssonstefanmatssonabl.jpg

Picture by Stefan Matsson, Aftonbladet
Lena Philipsson, a popular artist and programme host. A six-time participant in Melodifestivalen (the Swedish qualifying contests for the ESC) and the Eurovision Song Contest, and a three-time programme host of Melodifestivalen.

jbackperandersjrgensenknytt9lu.jpg

Picture by Per-Anders Jörgensen, Kändisnytt
Peter Jöback, a popular musical artist and pop singer with a wide resumé. Has done Miss Saigon in London, made his big breakthrough in Kristina from Duvemåla by ABBA musicians Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus.

(No picture)
Jörgen Mörnbäck, a household name as an impersonater who appears regularly on TV, radio and comedy shows.

Pernilla Månsson Colt again?! I dont think she is a good host at all... I prefer Marc Levengood :)

I think if Daniel is in attendence then that will be a clear sign of an engagment.

Gita said:
I think if Daniel is in attendence then that will be a clear sign of an engagment.
I dont think the royal family will let him attend the official celebrations before he and Victoria are engaged. It would simply cause to much attention :)

But, one should never say never, Emma once sat in the audience at Victorias birthday :)

Is it even considered an official event? I always had the impression that it was a huge birthday party that was widely publicized and celebrated among the Swedish people. I would find it sad that Victoria can't invite her boyfriend of several years to her own birthday party because of protocol and the speculation it would cause. I'm sure she has a private one but this party is the one with all the performers and hoopla! :D

Does anyone know exactly how long Victoria and Daniel have been an item?

3 years I think ( correct me if im wrong ) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Madeleine, her birthday is in just a couple of weeks, but Victoria's BASH is going to blow Madde's out of the water!!
I agree with soCal girl, it would be too bad if Victoria couldn't have her boyfriend there. On the other side of the coin, however, Victoria must ALWAYS consider her role as heir to the throne. If they aren't engaged, does he have any right to be there? As for Emma being at some event, Carl is NOT in line for the throne.

linneatherose said:
Poor Madeleine, her birthday is in just a couple of weeks, but Victoria's BASH is going to blow Madde's out of the water!!
I agree with soCal girl, it would be too bad if Victoria couldn't have her boyfriend there. On the other side of the coin, however, Victoria must ALWAYS consider her role as heir to the throne. If they aren't engaged, does he have any right to be there? As for Emma being at some event, Carl is NOT in line for the throne.

Carl Philip is second in line to the throne. Emma shouldn't be at an official event if Daniel or Jonas can't be either. I think royal protocol is the same for all three siblings in this case. :)

Maybe they will announce an engagement then? or maybe they will GET enegaged then. a friend of mine just got engaged on her birthday :)
Or maybe not. who knows. anyway, it sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun!

Why shouldn't Daniel be allowed to sit in the audience at Victorias birthday party?

Aussie Princess said:
Maybe they will announce an engagement then? or maybe they will GET enegaged then. a friend of mine just got engaged on her birthday :)
Or maybe not. who knows. anyway, it sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun!

Is there any wedding of some importance this year at all? Quite quiet at the moment, I'd say. And 29 sounds like a nice enough age to become engaged. While 30 seems to be quite old for a Crown Princess to start looking after her own succession. ;)

Court protocol says that the partner of a member of the Royal Family cannot be present at an official event together with the royal before that person is an "official" partner - which means engaged to be married. (but of course the reigning monarch can always choose to put Court protocol aside if they wish, but that happens very seldom I guess)

And even if there has been an exception to the grade of having Emma Pernald in the audience once, I highly doubt Daniel will be anywhere near the public on Victoria's birthday (unless there's an engagement coming of course), not only because of protocol, but mainly because it would put all the spotlight on him and the whole birthday celebration would be put 2nd all day long. This day is Victoria's day, and the people's day to celebrate her.

Victoria usually has a private party at the Solliden residence in the evening, were the Royal Family and all of the partners of the royal children, plus many friends, attend. And Emma, Jonas and Daniel usually stay with the Royal Family at Solliden in the summers, the press usually gets some kind of glimpse, if not of the people, then of the cars outside.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel have been dating since the spring of 2002. Over four years now.

Is this birthday going to be about the same as last year? I wonder what they are going to do next year for her 30th! I'm sure it's going to be big!:D

Her 25th was big so I think the 30th will be too.

Back
Top Bottom