Crown Princess Victoria is Pregnant - Due March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen the news only today and I thought that something could be predicted because p.ss Victoria recently was wearing a bit loose clothes.
Great news, so now we can wait only for Sofia's pregnancy....

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the happy couple!!!
That is exactly the kind of new that we all have been looking forward to.

Great news, so now we can wait only for Sofia's pregnancy....

Who knows, maybe Carl Philip and Sofia will announce something in this year and maybe Madeleine and Christopher will surprise us also this year! :ROFLMAO::whistling:

I am sure that everything will happen when it will happen!

There will probably be no announcement from CP & Sofia anytime soon. Before their wedding Carl Philip & Sofia gave an interview to SVT and the baby question came up. CP said he wants kids but they will wait before starting a family. Given the gossip press, it may try to put them under the gun to produce another Bernadotte heir. Their first child will now be fifth in line to the throne when the time comes; but with Nicolas's christening in October and the new Bernadotte-Westling coming in March I can see the press putting Sofia on bump watch more.

Personally I believe all the pregnancy gossip is distasteful. It is a private matter and we don't have a right to know. That is my humble opinion.

Absolutely great! I hope the second child will be as lovable as Estelle.

There's no need to pressure CP to have children right away. Let he and Sofia handle things their own way and the press needs to leave them alone about it.

LaRae

I am very happy for them, congrats to Victoria, Daniel and estelle.

Congratulations to the parents to be,wonderful news!

Couples should have children when they are ready and when they want them, but even in 2015 the primary duty of a royal, blood and married in, is to continue the bloodline. The Royal House of Sweden goes through Carl Gustaf and his children, grandchildren and so forth. I think it's part of the reason Daniel had his name legally changed to Bernadotte: with the heir being female they didn't want the name to die out.

:crown7::crown7::crown7::crown7::crown7::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:OOOOOOHHHHHH, just heard the wonderfulNews! I am so happy for the 2 - and Little Estelle will become "Big Sister"!
Bye Bine

OMGGGGGGG This is such amazing and lovely news. I am so happy for the Royal couple.:wub::wub::wub:

This is amazing. I was really hoping they would have another child. :flowers:

Congratulations to the
Crown Princess Family!

:clap::clap:

:swedenflag2: :swedenflag2:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Last edited:
The SRF are having such wonderful year.The king and queen must be over the moon. A wedding, the addition of a new princess ,a new prince and now another pregnancy.
I wish everyone continued joy and happiness.

This is such wonderful news. I have been hoping for this for the the longest time! Victoria and Daniel must be so ecstatic.

Many people assumed Victoria would never have another child, but it looks like they will be proven wrong ! Congratulations to the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel and my best wishes of a safe pregnancy and delivery.

There will probably be no announcement from CP & Sofia anytime soon. Before their wedding Carl Philip & Sofia gave an interview to SVT and the baby question came up. CP said he wants kids but they will wait before starting a family. Given the gossip press, it may try to put them under the gun to produce another Bernadotte heir. Their first child will now be fifth in line to the throne when the time comes; but with Nicolas's christening in October and the new Bernadotte-Westling coming in March I can see the press putting Sofia on bump watch more.

Given that Victoria is now pregnant, I am pretty sure CP and Sofia will wait until the birth of the third in line to have a child of their own.

Victoria's pregnancy also means Madeleine and her children will move even further down in the line of succession, making it more likely they will not move back to Sweden in a couple of years and might give up their succession rights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes, sharings and thousands of happy comments. The royal family has been love bombed on social media after yesterday's news that Crown Princess Victoria is pregnant.
- A baby statement tops the list of pleasant things happening, says Marie Grusell, media researcher at the University of Gothenburg.
Over 150,000 "Likes". Tens of thousands of happy and positive comments, and thousands of sharings.
The news that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are expecting their second child breaks all records on the royal family's social media.
As an example one can take the post on Instagram, which published the news: with around 25,000 Likes one day after news were published, it has received more than twice the number of likes than the second most liked post, which is a greeting from Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia after the wedding.
Marie Grusell, scientist at the University of Gothenburg, why this is shared and liked so much?
- It's pretty simple. The couple is very popular and I think everyone who is familiar with the Crown Princess Couple have probably understood that they have been struggling a little bit.
The royal family and the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren are very excited about the response the news has received on social media.
- It's great fun and a part of the thought to reach an important target group directly, she says.
The Crown Princess couple has also been involved in the choice of communicating the news.
- We are an information department that thinks in a new way, and in this case it was a choice that the Crown Princess Couple stood behind of, said Thorgren.
Kungahuset kärleksbombade på sociala medier –*efter Victorias gravidlycka _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
I see the buzz is still going about the pregnancy announcement. Has Madeleine or Carl Philip made any public statements of congratulations? Madeleine usually makes her statements on Facebook.

I see the buzz is still going about the pregnancy announcement. Has Madeleine or Carl Philip made any public statements of congratulations? Madeleine usually makes her statements on Facebook.

We are talking about Victoria's [and Daniel] pregnancy here
Don't know what Madeleine or Carl Philip have to do with Victoria's pregnancy:whistling:

Last edited:
So happy for Victoria and Daniel. Some people said that perhaps they intended to have only one child but I never thought that.

This is very happy news. Maybe I've been watching TV too much but the first thing that popped into my head from watching the Windows 10 commercials with the little ones was that perhaps Prince George of Cambridge would start a blog to share with Estelle called "How to survive the new usurper in the household.". :D

I'm sure the new wee one will be much welcomed and much loved with perhaps Estelle being the "little mommy". With 2 children in succession after Victoria, I would think that this pretty much gives leeway to Carl and Maddie to pretty much live the lives they wish to. Its all good.

Don't know what Madeleine or Carl Philip have to do with Victoria's pregnancy:whistling:
Please re-read the post. The comment was regarding Princess Madeleine's frequent use of social media to post comments and congratulations and a question whether Prince Carl Philip may have done the same.

I've just checked Madeleine's Facebook and she hasn't made any congratulatory messages. Which is strange, because she posted about the "Lilian Look" exhibition yesterday, when Victoria's pregnancy was made official. However, it still isn't very long since the public announcement so perhaps Madeleine will post something about it soon.

Last edited:

Yeah...Victoria and Daniel making them an Uncle and Aunt again really has nothing to do w/them at all...

Sheesh!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the fact that CP Victoria and P Daniel are an immensely popular and likeable couple feeds into the overall happy response. The fact that their love, engagement, health and marriage didn't come easily to them and that they remained upbeat and continued to work for both their country and their "Happy Ever After" endears them to us all.

The crowd went wild when Victoria fell pregnant with Estelle and they have happily shared their joy of Estelle with their country. I think everyone knew they wanted another but, as time passed I think we all wondered if they would be blessed a second time. Nevertheless, they have remained a happy, upbeat and work hard to "give a little back" all of which makes the news of a second child a cause for celebration, and not just in Sweden.

Last edited:
QUOTE=Osipi;1816554]This is very happy news. Maybe I've been watching TV too much but the first thing that popped into my head from watching theWindows 10 commercials with the little ones was that perhaps Prince George of Cambridge would start a blog to share with Estelle called "How to survive the new usurper in the household.". :D

I'm sure the new wee one will be much welcomed and much loved with perhaps Estelle being the "little mommy". With 2 children in succession after Victoria, I would think that this pretty much gives leeway to Carl and Maddie to pretty much live the lives they wish to. Its all good.[QUOTE]

Haha, this is great :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
When looking at Estelle, how she behaved with her Little Cousin Leonore, I would assume, that she will be delighted by having a "living doll" with her Little brother/sister. And not being jealous. And then: it very much depends on the sensitivity of the parents, that she will not feel "second place".... but I am SURE, V&D will take care about that
BYe Bine

Wow! I'm so happy for them :ROFLMAO:
Congratulations to the proud parents and big sister :flowers:
:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom