Crown Princess Victoria is Pregnant - Due March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think so. I think the days were said correctly but these ladies have tendency to give birth before due date. It goes by the way in genes, me and my sisters have the same, I have two sisters and of 11 of our babies only one waited till due date, all others were premature but fully developed. My obstetrician told me this predilection is hereditary.

Yes, does seem so. E.g. the king was missing Carl Philip's birth and they were so sure, Madeleine would attend the wedding of her brother, that I can't believe Nicolas due date had been mid of June.

But of course with a due date at the shift of months, Royals will choose the later month for the announcement.
And this pregnancy got 2.5 weeks after the one of Estelle announced (August 17 vs. September 4)

My guess is this baby is getting born between February 24 and March 1

Do you think that Princess Estelle will attend the Te Deum?

Not sure she will. She didn't attend the one for Nico this summer. But I guess she is a bit older now. It would be nice if Daniel or her grandparents brought her since its her little brother or sister

Today is the last royal engagement for Victoria before giving birth to the third in line to the Swedish throne. I think in the old days it was called going to "confinement". May she have a safe delivery of a healthy child. (I'm still rooting for a prince.)

Once the baby is here, there will the naming, duchy allotment and the Te Deum. I wonder what type of christening he/she would have? I know it won't be on the same scale as Estelle's because this baby is the spare, but as a child of a future monarch would the baby have a ceremony a little above Lenore's, Nicolas' and the Prince Couple's child? And will the christening be televised? SVT said previously it would rethink televising royal baptisms.

I am pretty sure it will be broadcast. The discussion about royal baptisms was had before Nico's. And as I understood it, it was more to do with the amount of royal events that year, and if there was enough interest in a baptism to warrant another event. Victoria's second child, second one or not, will certainly be more in demand. The child is spare to the throne.

I would expect something a bit bigger than Leo and Nico. Some more foreign royals in attendance certainly. Not the level of Estelle's but certainly some where in between.

I would love if the baptism was held on June 19 (I know a bit longer wait then Estelle's) on Vic/Dan's 6th wedding anniversary and the queen and king's 40thh.

I have a feeling that the baby will be born in early March and not the last of February. The pregnancy annoucement was later than the one of Estelle, and second babies are usually born around the time of the prediction (My mom told me that my big bro was born earlier and I was born exactly on the day the doctor predicted).

Somehow I want the baby to have more than just a few days a part from Estelle. My dad and I have one day a part on birthday and I never had my own celebration.

Would be interesting if the little prince/ss was born on the 29th since its a leap year (any other year it would have been March :) Only royal baby I know of born on the 29th is Princess Alexandra's son James Oglivy.

Would be interesting if the little prince/ss was born on the 29th since its a leap year (any other year it would have been March :) Only royal baby I know of born on the 29th is Princess Alexandra's son James Oglivy.

I hadn't thought of the 29th!

I have a feeling that the baby will be born in early March and not the last of February. The pregnancy annoucement was later than the one of Estelle, and second babies are usually born around the time of the prediction (My mom told me that my big bro was born earlier and I was born exactly on the day the doctor predicted).

Somehow I want the baby to have more than just a few days a part from Estelle. My dad and I have one day a part on birthday and I never had my own celebration.

My youngest son is born a day before my birthday. To make matters worse, I'm also a twin. So I hope the little prince/ss isn't born on or around Estelle's birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expressen met Queen Silvia and said to her that shortly before Estelle was born, Queen Silvia said "now it is a matter of days". And she was right. Is it the same now? Queen Silvia said: "We don't know, one never knows. It is the second child and more difficult to know". She also said "Wait and see!". Victoria and Daniel said in Peru, that they don't know if it will be a girl or a boy. Queen Silvia said: "I have no idea. And I don't ask. One doesn't ask such a thing. The main thing is that everybody is feeling well and we are all happy about that".
Här är drottning Silvias gåtfulla babybesked | Nyheter | Expressen

Last edited:
:previous::ermm: One doesn't ask that kind of thing??? Is that a bad translation or a cultural thing? Makes it sound like some 'private thing' polite people wouldn't discus. I haven't met a pregnant person who isn't asked by every person in passing if they are having a boy or girl. Certainly the grandparents would. Or did she just mean Victoria said 'we don't know' and she respected her daughter and didn't push??

Babies don't follow rules. My sister was born on her due date (oldest). I was 8 days late. Heck I have a friend whose three boys ranged from 5 days to 11 days late. Each son got progressively later.

But I agree on the birthday. It sucks sharing. I was doomed to. I was due on my grandmother's birthday. I got my own, but was born 3 days before my mother's (came home on hers). As a child I got my own but as I got older we always just had one dinner for the two of us except if it was a milestone. Unfortunately if it was my mother's milestone birthday like her 40th, mine got forgotten all together.

Be even wore for this baby as his/her sister is the future crown princess. Imagine if Estelle gets Estelledagen like her mother. Hard enough being spare (especially if another girl) without sharing a birthday or closely with the heir. I hope at least a week between.

I guess it could just mean that she knew they didn't want to know if it was a boy or girl (maybe they made it clear they didn't want to know the first time around) so didn't ask again.
I don't think its rude to ask any couple if they know if they are having a boy or girl but once they say no you don't ask again.

I think that maybe the family knows the gender, but quite franky, who would be that stupid as to reveal it to the press? The queen was more vague this time round than it was for Estelle's birth though.

They would only reveal it to the press if they wanted to and those who know are probably sworn to keep it a secret. If someone wants to tell you the sex of their child, they usually will without one asking them about it.

I've only had one friend who didn't want to know the sex of her child (wanted it to be a surprise) and when she had baby showers, it was difficult to buy clothing for the baby as there were a equal number of brother and sisters.

If there is a dominance of males in both families, then it is likely that the couple would have sons. If the dominance is female, the same thing would happen. If it is more balanced, then it would be difficult to determine. It came as no surprise to anyone when my brother and sister in law had a son because of the dominance of males in the family. It would have been surprising if they had had a daughter.

:previous::ermm: One doesn't ask that kind of thing??? Is that a bad translation or a cultural thing? Makes it sound like some 'private thing' polite people wouldn't discus. I haven't met a pregnant person who isn't asked by every person in passing if they are having a boy or girl. Certainly the grandparents would. Or did she just mean Victoria said 'we don't know' and she respected her daughter and didn't push??

Yep. Totally agree, Countessmeout! So funny! :flowers: Having just recently gone through another pregnancy, I can even vouch for that. :) Every person in passing, and I am also guilty of doing the same. :p

:previous::ermm: One doesn't ask that kind of thing??? Is that a bad translation or a cultural thing? Makes it sound like some 'private thing' polite people wouldn't discus.

I can't read swedish but with google translate it seems that the conversation is something like:
Q.Silvia says she doesn't know the gender and she didn't ask
The reporter asks "Why not" (so it's definitely not a cultural thing ;) )
Q.Silvia then says something i can't really figure out with Google, but might be "one doesn't" or "i just didn't", but she adds to that "the main thing is that it's healthy"

This imo is a completely normal response if you would have to answer questions from the press about someone else's pregnancy...

The article mentions that during their trip to Peru Victoria had told that she and Daniel doesn't know the sex of the coming baby. If Victoria have told her parents that she doesn't want to know, then her parents obviously respect Victoria's decision.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I can't read swedish but with google translate it seems that the conversation is something like:
Q.Silvia says she doesn't know the gender and she didn't ask
The reporter asks "Why not" (so it's definitely not a cultural thing ;) )
Q.Silvia then says something i can't really figure out with Google, but might be "one doesn't" or "i just didn't", but she adds to that "the main thing is that it's healthy"

This imo is a completely normal response if you would have to answer questions from the press about someone else's pregnancy...

Yep. :flowers: Denial is the only option.

Johan T Lindwall asked from queen Silvia yesterday when she arrived to the formal gathering of the Academy of the Fine Arts about Victoria's pregnancy:
How do you manage with this waiting?
- Yes, what should I do? We are waiting with joy, of course.
And is it coming now, what does the queen think?
- No, I don't think so. Not yet.
Drottning Silvias nya besked om Victorias bebis _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Linwall seems to be a pushy reporter, trying to get the scoop on royal gossip and news. I'm surprised the royal family takes interviews from this guy.

Johan T Lindwall asked from queen Silvia yesterday when she arrived to the formal gathering of the Academy of the Fine Arts about Victoria's pregnancy:
How do you manage with this waiting?
- Yes, what should I do? We are waiting with joy, of course.
And is it coming now, what does the queen think?
- No, I don't think so. Not yet.
Drottning Silvias nya besked om Victorias bebis _ Nyheter _ Expressen

I think that must be lost in translation. In English the question makes it sound as if Silvia is climbing the walls with anticipation.

Well Prince Daniel said last monday, when asked the same question, that one must have patience and that it is not yet March

Well Prince Daniel said last monday, when asked the same question, that one must have patience and that it is not yet March

That is true, March begins on Tuesday. It would wonderful if the prince/princess was born on 29 FEB. That would rank as "cool" in my book - for whatever that's worth.

:previous::D Agree!! Has only happened once and never in the direct line for a throne. James Oglivy was in the 60's.

I hope the baby waits till next week to give some separation from Estelle's. But babies come when they come. Once you hit the 38 week mark, whether 1st, 2nd or 5th baby, your baby is actually considered ready to be born. So this baby may or may not wait till March to make his or her entrance.

Officialy it is expected in March
I think the family also expects March

But even family can be fooled by mother nature

Due dates are not a given. Doctors warn any time after 38 weeks a baby can come. Estelle was said to be due in March and came February 23rd. So wouldn't be that surprised if he or she came before March. Time will tell but its definitely not too early to keep an eye out for news.

Besides, most other years the 29th would be March!!

Last edited:
:previous::D Agree!!
I hope the baby waits till next week to give some separation from Estelle's. But babies come when they come.

Hope that too. Specially as Leonore's birthday is only 3 days before Estelle's.

I'm so excited! I'm counting the days and I'm like "so the baby isn't born on the 25th, let's see tomorow the 26th".

For some reason I think the baby will arrive in March and not late February. But I'm really looking forward to "meet" the new member of their family, I wonder if it's a girl or a boy, name...

Only 4 days left in February, so even if a March baby, coming soon :flowers:

Seems the people else where who thought since she popped so soon and were determined she would have a full size baby in early February, were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom