Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's Visit to South Korea: March 23-25, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
The court updated the calendar on Friday. Victoria and Daniel will make a two-day visit to Seoul, South Korea on 24th-25th March.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria - Sveriges Kungahus

Margareta Thorgren from the press department to Expressen:
"The Crown Princess Couple looks forward to the visit to South Korea. They think it will be very interesting. The visit has been planned for some time and there will be intense days in South Korea. It's a busy schedule with a number of points. Princess Estelle stays home in Sweden".
According to sources the swedish ambassador in South Korea, Lars Danielsson, has invited Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel.
South Korea has become a country close Swedish royal family's heart. The King and Queen Silvia were there on a state visit in 2012 and a few months later Prince Carl Philip at an environmental conference. The King and Queen ended their trip with a visit to the demilitarized zone against North Korea. According to Expressen Victoria and Daniel will visit the zone too.
Daniel och Victoria åker till Sydkorea Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Unlike the court informed previously, Victoria and Daniel start their visit already on Monday 23rd March.

On 23-26 March, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel will pay an official visit to the Republic of Korea at the invitation of Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo. Accompanying the Crown Princess Couple is the Swedish Minister for Social Security, Ms Annika Strandhäll and a small delegation of senior officials.
The purpose of the visit is for the Crown Princess and her husband to familiarize themselves with Korea, one of the most important "middle powers" and a country which a future Swedish Head of State should know well. During the visit, the Crown Princess will meet with the President and the Prime Minister. The Crown Princess Couple will visit the DMZ in Panmunjeom, the Green Climate Fund, National Library for Children and Young Adults, Hankuk University for Foreign Studies, National Rehabilitation Center as well as meet with representatives of Swedish business in Korea.
Visit to the Republic of Korea by Crown Princess SwedenAbroad

Excerpts from the program:
Monday 23 March
- Visit to the Swedish Delegation to the Neutral Nations Supervisory Commission in Panmunjeom
- Dinner with the Swedish business community

Tuesday 24 March
- Wreath Laying Ceremony at the National Cemetery
- Courtesy call on President Park Geun-hye
- Meeting and dinner with Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo
- Visit to Green Climate Fund, Songdo
- Lunch with Members of Parliament

Wednesday 25 March
- Visit to Hankuk University for Foreign Studies to meet with students studying Swedish
- Visit to National Rehabilitation Centre
- Lunch with experts on inter-Korea dialogue
- Visit to National Library for Children and Young Adults for opening of an exhibition on Swedish children’s literature
- Visit to the War Memorial of Korea
- Dinner hosted by Dr. Lee Se-ung, Honorary Chairman of Korea-Sweden Arts and Culture Society
http://www.swedenabroad.com/ImageVaultFiles/id_29189/cf_347/Press_Release_KOR_2015-03-17_FINAL.PDF

Last edited:
Press release from the court about the visit
From the program for the visit to South Korea March 23 to 25

Monday, March 23
Neutral Nations Supervisory Commission (NNSC)
The Crown Princess couple visits the demilitarized zone in Panmunjom, located on the border between North and South Korea. Major General Berndt Grundevik tells of the Swedish representation and operations of the NNSC.

Dinner with representatives from Swedish Companies in Korea
Dinner organized by the Business Sweden and the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Korea. Dr. Choi Byung-il, a professor at Ewha Womans University, speaks on the theme "Economic Challenges in Korea." The invited Swedish companies tell about their activities in Korea.

Tuesday, March 24
Green Climate Fund
The day begins with a visit to the Green Climate Fund, which has headquarters in Seoul. The Fund's function is to finance climate action in developing countries.

Lunch on the theme "Challenges for Korea Today"
Swedish Ambassador Lars Danielsson hosts a lunch on the theme "Challenges for Korea today." Invited guests talk about current challenges such as the high demands of studies and the need for more entrepreneurs in South Korea.

Meeting with South Korean President Park Geun-hye

Wreath-laying ceremony at the Memorial Tower of the National Cemetary

Meeting with South Korean Prime Minister

Official dinner with South Korean Prime Minister
South Korean Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo hosts the Crown Princess Couple at dinner in the Prime Minister's residence.

Wednesday, March 25
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
The Crown Princess couple begins the day by visiting Hankuk University of Foreign Studies where they meet students and teachers from the intuition of the Scandinavian languages.

National Rehabilitation Center
The Crown Princess couple visits the National Rehabilitation Center, center for rehabilitation and works with developing facilities for persons with disabilities.

Lunch at the Swedish residence
Swedish Ambassador Lars Danielsson hosts a luncheon at the residence. Guests at the luncheon Dr. Choi Jinwook, president of the Korea Institute for National Unification, and Dr. Hahm Chai Bong, president of the Asan Institute for Policy Studies, which among other things will discuss Korean peninsula.

National Library for Children and Young Adults
The afternoon begins with a visit to the National Library for Children and Young Adults in which the Crown Princess Couple get a guided tour of the library and attend the inauguration of the exhibition "English Children's Book and the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award."

The War Memorial of Korea
The afternoon ends with a visit to The War Museum of Korea. The Crown Princess couple gets a guided tour of the UN exhibition where a Swedish stand is included.

Dinner with Dr. Lee Se-young, Honorary Chariman of Korea-Sweden Arts and Culture Society
The day ends with Dr. Lee Se-young hosting a dinner with invited culture of people in South Korea. The dinner ends with a musical performance by soprano Shin Jihwa and tenor Alfred Kim.
Kronprinsessparet besöker Sydkorea 23-25 mars - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited:
Did she cut her hair? She's got it in layers now. I looks lovely and makes her look so much younger.

Did she cut her hair? She's got it in layers now. I looks lovely and makes her look so much younger.

I think that her hair down makes her look much older. And boring. And not regal at all. She looks like just any woman from the street now. I hope that she soon has her hair up again.

Margareta Thorgren told to Expressen, that the crown princess couple visits South Korea to further strengthen and deepen relations between our countries. They are looking forward to. There are three intense days in South Korea with a very interesting program. At the focus on the trip are environment, exports, culture and community solutions.
When they landed today in Seoul they were taken to the first and perhaps most interesting place of the visit: The demilitarized zone against North Korea.
- The Crown Princess Couple looking forward to visit the demilitarized zone between South and North Korea. During the Korean War, Sweden contributed a field hospital in Busan, says Thorgren.
Kronprinsessan Victoria i Sydkorea Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel visit with the Swedish Delegation the Neutral Nations Supervisory Commission, the demilitarized zone in Panmunjom.
Vår reporter med Victoria och Daniel på gränsen till Nordkorea Svensk Damtidning
Translation

APA-Picturedesk
Kuninkaalliskuvat Victoria ja Daniel Etelä-Koreassa Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi

Inside one of the buildings located on both sides of the border between South Korea and North Korea the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel got a brief review of the history surrounding the demilitarized zone. After taking a few strides into the room Victoria and Daniel had suddenly left Korea and were now in North Korea. Suddenly outside the window of the building, it was bustling with activity. There were several North Korean soldiers who began photographing Victoria and Prince Daniel through the window.
- It's standard on their part, explained Patrick Karlsson, Lieutenant Colonel of the Swedish professional officers who are positioned at the border with North Korea.
Daniel looked curiously out the window:
- A special feeling to be here, he said.
Victoria concurred:
- Yes, incredibly special and of course very interesting.
In a few minutes they stood on the other side of the border inside the room. Behind them was a door. It and another door is always open toward North Korea. Victoria became serious:
- It's great to be on this site. There is a line in the ground that divides an entire country and so many families. There is a big trauma for both countries and the Korean people. Sweden's longstanding commitment here means a lot. It therefore means a lot to me and Daniel to be here.
Video and photos
Kronprinsessparet vid Nordkoreas gräns Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Great to see Expressen and Lindwall reporting so quickly.

Lieutenant colonel Patrick Karlsson said the he is sure that they knew at the North Korean side that the crown princess couple was visiting. They always know when dignitaries are visiting.
Photos
Victoria övervakad - av Nordkorea Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
How is the security there for them? I would be worry... I think this visit will be memorable for both of them...

How is the security there for them? I would be worry... I think this visit will be memorable for both of them...

Since the king and queen were there already on a state visit in 2012, I think that the security is well taken care of.

Video of Victoria's interview
Se filmen – ny intervju med kronprinsessan i Sydkorea! Svensk Damtidning

Kronprinsessan Victoria på gränsen mot Nordkorea - DN.SE
Victoria på gränsen mot Nordkorea Inrikes SvD

The soldier from North Korea takes photos of Victoria and Daniel through the window. This photo taken by photographer Peter Wixtröm.
http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp.../e15/10963832_679284922197064_260906651_n.jpg

Victoria and Daniel attended at a dinner hosted by ambassador Lars Danielsson in cooperation with Business Sweden and Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Korea in Seoul. They look great.
APA-Picturedesk

Last edited:
I almost didn't recognise Victoria with her hair down. Nice for a change.

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria flashes bra as she lands in Seoul | Daily Mail Online
Princess Victoria looked sophisticated in all black as she touched down in Seoul ahead of her and her husband's official visit.

Victoria's trip kicks off today with a meeting with Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo, according to South Korea's foreign ministry.

The heir apparent and her husband, Prince Daniel, will hold talks with the South Korean prime minister on ways to deepen bilateral ties.

I love what Victoria is wearing and I almost did not recognise her with her hair down. She looks lovely even if we can see her bra.

I think that her hair down makes her look much older. And boring. And not regal at all. She looks like just any woman from the street now. I hope that she soon has her hair up again.

I love her new hairstyle.
i think it makes her look younger and it beats the tired ponytail look

thanks for all the links :flowers:

A s usual we could say: it is impossible to satisfy everyone!!!
Most comments I saw through the press were rather positive about her hair down, while I read quite many criticism on the fact that she was wearing a white bra (visible!!) with the overall black outfit..
I would have preferred a black bra as well (OR neutral skin colour), if it is intended to appear, or perhaps just happened to appear under some lighting conditions.
The results of this unusual appearance for her is in the end far from making unanimity. Personally I think that if she had the intention to create a surprise, details had to be more taken under consideration. By the way I wonder why her current addiction to black, coming back so often one way or another.

Let's see about her style for the rest of the trip. And after all the results achieved by the trip are the most important.

Last edited:

Margareta Thorgren told to Expressen, that the crown princess couple visits South Korea to further strengthen and deepen relations between our countries. They are looking forward to. There are three intense days in South Korea with a very interesting program. At the focus on the trip are environment, exports, culture and community solutions.
When they landed today in Seoul they were taken to the first and perhaps most interesting place of the visit: The demilitarized zone against North Korea.
- The Crown Princess Couple looking forward to visit the demilitarized zone between South and North Korea. During the Korean War, Sweden contributed a field hospital in Busan, says Thorgren.
Kronprinsessan Victoria i Sydkorea Nyheter Expressen
Translation

On the hair issue, I also agree with the OP that she looks younger (rather than the older) with her hair down.

On the visit properly, I find it fascinating that, although the Swedish monarch is no longer officially part of the Swedish government, the King and the Crown Princess seem to be among the busiest royals in terms of working overseas trips and are actively engaged in international diplomacy, in many cases far more so than members of other RFs in countries where the constitution assigns far greater formal powers to the Head of State. I see them as a big asset not only to the Swedish goverment, but also to Swedish business and educational/cultural institutions, which the RF often represents overseas.

Last edited:

I wholeheartedly disagree. I think she looks fabulous and much younger with her hair down. The tightly slicked back bun she normally wears makes her look tired. While I'm not saying that she should wear her hair down all the time a little more variety would be nice.

On the visit properly, I find it fascinating that, although the Swedish monarch is no longer officially part of the Swedish government, the King and the Crown Princess seem to be among the busiest royals in terms of working overseas trips and are actively engaged in international diplomacy, in many cases far more so than members of other RFs in countries where the constitution assigns far greater formal powers to the Head of State. I see them as a big asset not only to the Swedish goverment, but also to Swedish business and educational/cultural institutions, which the RF often represents overseas.

I agree. It would be great to know more about what is being talked on these dinners and lunches, where they speak about the future of the Republic of Korea but also about the relationships between Sweden and ROK. ROK is Sweden's fourth largest export market in Asia, after China, Japan and India. Around 80 Swedish companies are established in the country.

Victoria and Daniel started their second day by visiting the Green Climate Fund. The Fund's function is to finance climate action in developing countries. They and the swedish Minister for Social Security, Annika Strandhäll, met the executive director of the Fund, Héla Cheikhrouhou (2nd from left).
Victoria is recycling the Fadi el Khoury coat she wore at the Luxembourg wedding.
From the Instagram of Svensk Damtidning
Instagram

From the Twitter of the Green Climate Fund
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CA1awKMUgAIZNU9.png

The meeting with president Park Geun-Hye at the Presidential Blue House.
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...6990_GF10000036307_RTRMADP_3_KOREA-SWEDEN.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/0025cb3c5cd3a60d710f6a706700860a.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/8994d8825cd3a60d710f6a7067009324.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...0791_GF10000036313_RTRMADP_3_KOREA-SWEDEN.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/2991dc7b5cdea60d710f6a7067004be6.jpg
http://pds.joins.com/jmnet/koreajoongangdaily/_data/photo/2015/03/24224055.jpg

Johan T Lindwall tells in Expressen that there were two humble royals who came to the President's Palace and even Victoria who is accustomed to palaces and castles made big eyes when she came into one of the great halls of the palace. The media in South Korea had enormous interest and all the major TV companies were on hand to report on the visit. Several of these broadcasted live in their news channels.
President Park Geun-hye emphasized how important Swedish royal visit is and that Sweden has always been an important partner for the country. Above all the Korean War when Sweden contributed a field hospital and after the war Sweden founded another hospital.
- Everyone is grateful for this, said president Park Geun-hye. We wish to express our gratitude.
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel who were joined by Ambassador Lars Danielsson and the Minister for Social Security Annika Strandhäll listened intently and the Crown Princess quickly thanked the President:
- It is an honor for us to be here and nice to be here. It's our first visit and we really looked forward to this trip. I want to start by thanking you for your nice words. We have had a long and deep-term relationship with South Korea and I see this trip as an opportunity to further deepen the relationship, pointed Victoria.
- We have a lot in common and there are many fields in which we can further help each other and establish new partnerships. Looking very much forward to these days, said Victoria.
Even a president can be impressed by royalty:
- We are pleased and grateful that you are here and so once again, thank you.
Presidenten hyllar Victoria och Daniel Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Swedish Crown Princess Victoria (C) visits the National Cemetery in Seoul on March 24, 2015. Princess Victoria is in South Korea on a four day official visit to strengthen relations between the two countries.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
ANP

Arriving to the visit to the Green Climate Fund
APA-Picturedesk
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2015/03/V4.png

According to the reporter of Svensk Damtidning, both Victoria and Daniel were in a very good mood on their visit to Green Climate Fund. She was the only reporter allowed to attend.
Följ Liv Sanders rapport från andra dagen i Sydkorea Svensk Damtidning

Visiting the National Cemetery In Seoul
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/g...weden-victoria-visits-20150324-071137-048.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...GF10000036342_RTRMADP_3_SOUTHKOREA-SWEDEN.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...GF10000036341_RTRMADP_3_SOUTHKOREA-SWEDEN.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/e0063d825d14a70d710f6a706700c3d0.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/a72caae05d15a70d710f6a706700adff.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/c0b2f7625d16a70d710f6a7067001fce.jpg

Crown Princess of Sweden Victoria Visits South Korea - Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

Swedish Princess discusses welfare issues with President Park
The heir to the Swedish throne kicked off her official visit to Korea with a meeting with President Park Geun-hye Tuesday, with a focus on sharing knowledge about her country's welfare policies. The heir apparent discussed the low birth rate and aging Korean society with the President.
"Sweden set a good example in policies in childcare and balancing between work and family," Park said.
Swedish Princess discusses welfare issues with President Park The Korea Times

Signing the guest book at the National Cemetery, photo from Svensk Damtidning's Instagram.
http://iconosquare.com/p/947639813574799546_1326282347

Meeting with prime minister Lee Wan-koo. The prime minister hosts the dinner after the meeting.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0500010100011X14271924741838621
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0500010100021X14271924741838621
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...036463_RTRMADP_3_SOUTHKOREA-SWEDEN-ROYALS.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...036462_RTRMADP_3_SOUTHKOREA-SWEDEN-ROYALS.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...036464_RTRMADP_3_SOUTHKOREA-SWEDEN-ROYALS.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that her hair down makes her look much older. And boring. And not regal at all. She looks like just any woman from the street now.

I think it is quite positive for her to look occasionally like the woman on the street, in these days.

Victoria and Daniel began their third day by visiting the Hankuk University of Foreign Studies where they met students and teachers from the faculty of the Scandinavian languages. Victoria and Daniel donated swedish books to the University.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2015/03/V6.png
Instagram photo by @svenskdamtidning (Svensk Damtidning) | Iconosquare
http://iconosquare.com/p/948191058284044450_182938639
APA-Picturedesk

Then they went to the National Rehabilitation Center. A center for rehabilitation, which works with developing facilities for persons with disabilities. They were introduced a car adapted for people with disabilities, and Victoria tried a permobil, a power wheelchair. Their hosts introduced also Lower Limb Rehabilitation Robots, driving simulator for the Disabled and Driving Practice Field for the Disabled Drivers.
APA-Picturedesk

Victoria talked with the kids and parents and said that she has a daughter who is three years old and she misses her very much.
Följ Svensk Damtidnings direktrapportering från Sydkorea Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Svensk Damtidning has three videos of the visit to the Rehalibitation Center
Missa inte våra nya filmer från Victorias och Daniels Sydkorea-besök! Svensk Damtidning

Video from Tuesday of the meeting with the President and the visit at the National Cemetery.
Swedish Crown Princess meets South Korean President in Seoul Scanpix

Sweden's Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's gender equal approach to parenting has been making a splash on the couple's official visit to South Korea.
“I hear you have both spent time at home with the little Princess Estelle after she was born and that sets an example,” said South Korean President Park Geun-hye as the couple visited the presidential palace in central Seoul.
“I know that you take a great interest in social welfare questions, women's issues and childcare. And Sweden is ranked as the world's leaders in family issues and equality,” the country's first female president added, reported Swedish tabloid Expressen.
Swedish royals' gender equal parenting praised - The Local

Last edited:
Visiting the National Library for Children and Young Adults. They inaugurated the exhibition ”Swedish Children’s Book and Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award”.
https://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/73f79f218650bf0d710f6a70670064df.jpg
https://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/5f9a3953864fbf0d710f6a7067007f97.jpg
https://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/e877dd52864ebf0d710f6a706700c49c.jpg
APA-Picturedesk

Victoria met Kim In-chul, president of the Hankuk University of Foreign Studies.
https://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/newsV2/images/K2015032500391.jpg

A visit to War Museum in Seoul. Victoria received a medal.
APA-Picturedesk

Victoria and Daniel talked with the press. Johan T Lindwall writes that Victoria commented the queen's skiing accident.
- Well, she fell and there was a nasty blow. Mom is on the mend and she is feeling better. But it takes time. It hurts.
The last day was intense. Victoria and Daniel were impressed by all they got to experience.
At the Disability Center Daniel got the opportunity to try a simulator to run the car with a disability. In a simulated drive on Seoul's streets in the rain and fog his driving skills were put to the test:
- Looks a bit wobbly out, laughed Victoria when her husband's car traveled back and forth across the road.
A little later it was Daniel's turn to give back when Victoria tried a wheelchair for disabled in real life:
- This may well end up anyhow, he said with a twinkle in his eye.
Victoria emphasized how impressed she was by the visit to South Korea.
- It's been fantastic. We have received so many impressions and met amazing people.
How was the visit to the border with North Korea?
- It was huge. An incredible feeling to be there.
Daniel agreed: - Definitely. Many impressions during this trip.
- Sweden has tremendously good relations with South Korea and our visiting rate there has been high and it just shows what a very interesting country it is. During this journey, Daniel and I have been able to support each other and there have been many impressions and memories.
Photos
Victoria om Silvias olycka En rejäl smäll Nyheter Expressen
Translation

The visit is coming to it's end, a dinner in the evening ends the visit.
Instagram photo by @svenskdamtidning (Svensk Damtidning) Iconosquare

Crown Princess Victoria opened the Astrid Lindgren exhibition in Seoul today
The exhibition is to give insights about the Swedish children’s literature to the Korean children and young adults. The exhibition comprises introduction of the life of Astrid Lindgren, Lindgren’s famous stories, Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award and previous laureates of Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award, and Children’s corner to play and read.
The opening ceremony took place with the existence of Mr PARK Min-kwon (Vice Minister for Culture, Sports and Tourism), Mr LIM Won-sun (Chief Executive of the National Library of Korea), Ms YEO Wee-sook (Director General of the National Library for Children and Young Adults), Ms KIM Su-jung, President of Korean Board on Books for Young People (KBBY), Ms BAEK Heena (Children’s book writer and ALMA nominee 2015) and many more VIP guests.
Article with HQ photos
Crown Princess Victoria opened the Astrid Lindgren exhibition in Seoul today Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award

Victoria gave a long interview to Aftonbladet, which tells that throughout the trip, Victoria and Daniel were followed by six Swedish journalists and a about twenty Korean. Part of the interview. She was also asked about Carl Philip's wedding.
If the crown princess had been a job - with all that you know - had you applied it?
- Wow, what a question. Yes, with the feeling that I have today. Absolutely. Because it is so hugely rewarding. And it's great to be able to participate and contribute in this case. I have tremendous pride to get to highlight Sweden. To talk about Sweden. About Swedish companies. Swedish culture. Swedish research. It makes me extremely proud. Like yesterday with the Prime Minister.
You've visited the demilitarized zone against North Korea. Where diplomacy plays a major role. What role can a royal family generally play in diplomacy?
- It all depends on the situation. But to make connections is always important. And to be here in Korea and get the personal meetings. And to demonstrate that Sweden has an interest in Korea. That we want to be here and see a huge potential in the Korean market for Swedish companies. It feels very good. There are 80 Swedish companies in Korea today, and there are so many more who want to see this as their market. It seems that the Koreans are similar to us pretty much in purchase behavior. They demand the same things as we. They are very fashion conscious and want technologically innovative solutions.
Speaking of diplomacy, Sweden is experiencing the a diplomatic crisis with Saudi Arabia right now. What kind of a role the royal family can play there?
- It is of course so that I follow developments at home. But I'm here to focus on Korea.
At home in the Nordic countries, we have experienced terrorist acts previous years. How worried are you that to happen in Sweden?
- I have a concern. Because the world is restless. It is of course so. It is of course important that all parts of society cooperate and make you look around and see what you can do. If you are prepared and how to handle such a situation.
You and Daniel were hailed by the president that both of you have taken parental leave. At the same Korea is at the bottom of global gender equality rankings. How do you intend to improve the situation of women here or in countries where the situation is even worse?
- It was very good that we had our Minister for Social Security with. She had had very good talks with her counterpart here. It is also a way. A dialogue. You try to draw experiences and learn from each other, between countries. The Korean minister will possibly come to Sweden in May to continue the dialogue. There are those things that one can do in concrete terms.
Summer wedding between Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, what are the feelings before that?
- You may return to that in June. Now we are just in March. What will you write about in June, then? You can not shoot all your bolts before.
A brief comment then?
- No, I will not answer that. I will return to that.
How does it feel to get a new person in the family?
- But you, we will talk again (laughs).
Victoria om att se in i Nordkorea Overkligt Nyheter Aftonbladet

In the evening at the dinner with invited people of culture in South Korea.
https://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2015/03/V7.png

Prince Daniel tries out a vehicle at a rehabilitation centre Royalista

Swedish princess visiting HUFS The Korea Times

Gallery from today
Kuninkaalliskuvat Victoria ja Daniel päättivät vierailunsa Etelä-Koreassa Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi

Swedish royals parenting style praised by South Korean president - hellomagazine.com

Här hyllar Sydkorea Victorias kärleksliv Stoppa Pressarna

From the court website. It is good that they nowadays make articles with many photos.
Kronprinsessparet besöker Sydkorea – dag 3 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Victoria gave a long interview to Aftonbladet, which tells that throughout the trip, Victoria and Daniel were followed by six Swedish journalists and a about twenty Korean. Part of the interview. She was also asked about Carl Philip's wedding….
Summer wedding between Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, what are the feelings before that?
- You may return to that in June. Now we are just in March. What will you write about in June, then? You can not shoot all your bolts before.
A brief comment then?
- No, I will not answer that. I will return to that.
How does it feel to get a new person in the family?
- But you, we will talk again (laughs).
Victoria om att se in i Nordkorea Overkligt Nyheter Aftonbladet

Nice interview. Good responses. A little curious on the wedding responses but I guess she wanted to focus on the trip :flowers:

Great video in Expressen about the visit to the Rehabilitation Center. Victoria said that she is a little nervous when she tried the wheel chair and that concentration was complete when she drove with the chair to the car. Daniel commented his driving with the car simulator by saying that it was exciting, a good technique. Lindwall asked if it was difficult and Daniel said that he hesitated a little at the curves.
Daniels fräcka pik till Victoria Kungligt Expressen.tv

Another video of the visit
Sörmlands TV Kronprinsesssparet spanar in Korea

Video of the visit to the rehabilitation center
https://www.bunte.de/videos/victoria-von-schweden-warum-sitzt-sie-im-rollstuhl-118917.html

Some news of the visit in Korean
https://img.ichannela.com/IMAGE/M16/2015/03/25/70309357.2-70309356.2.jpg?rev=1
기념촬영 하는 국무총리·빅토리아 스웨덴 왕세녀 내외 - 중앙일보 뉴스
빅토리아 스웨덴 왕세녀, 한국외대 방문 연합뉴스
정치 MBC뉴스
스웨덴 왕세녀 빅토리아 첫 訪韓 - 1등 인터넷뉴스 조선닷컴
스웨덴 빅토리아 왕세녀 내외, 국립재활원 방문 뉴스와이어
wikitree 스웨덴 빅토리아 왕세녀 내외, 국립재활원 방문

Liv Sanders exklusiva möte med kronprinsessan Victoria Svensk Damtidning
Translation

https://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2015/03/Vic3.png
https://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2015/03/1.png
https://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2015/03/21.png

Photos from the website of the Prime Minister of Korea
사진 목록 국무조정실.국무총리비서실

From the opening of the Astrid Lindgren exhibition
'Pippi Longstocking' invites you to fairy tale world Korea.net The official website of the Republic of Korea

Video from the second day: meeting the president and the prime minister and visit to the National Cemetery. It is from Bunte ""Victoria is the most beautiful jewel of her land and charms everyone with her laughter and charm."
Victoria von Schweden: Sie ist der schönste Schmuck ihres Landes! | Video auf BUNTE.de

Videos from Svensk Damtidning. Victoria and Daniel were joking and laughing. Daniel said: And you are driving a car so much..., meaning of course that Victoria hardly ever drives a car. When they don't have a driver, it is always Daniel who drives.
Filmen visar värmen mellan Victoria och Daniel Svensk Damtidning

Famille royale de Suède - Victoria, ultime journée en Corée du Sud

Short video of Victoria
https://iconosquare.com/p/949970309459850257_174220364

Back
Top Bottom