Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Post-Wedding "Sweden" Tour: 2010-2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh wow! He looks really at ease and happy in therse pictures :flowers:. He seems to like this more than the whole of France.
Yes, he really looks at ease and happy, they both do. From the photos and videos you can see how much they love and care about each other and it just warms your heart, well at least mine. ;) Daniel really seems to fit in his "Prince role" better and better each time we see him.

I love them showing their love for each other in public. They had to hold back for such a long time. You can really see she cherishes his love. While the red carpet was laid out for Jonas, Daniel had to struggle to be accepted. The fancy lawyer proved to be the wrong guy, but Victoria stood by her man and never gave up. I wish them very well. What a happy Christmas will it be for them this year.

The high heel boots don't look too comfortable for a walk through the snow. And Victoria wore no panties...or not very thick ones.Wasn't she cold?;)

The high heel boots don't look too comfortable for a walk through the snow. And Victoria wore no panties...or not very thick ones.Wasn't she cold?;)
I certaily hope she had panties on! Perhaps you meant long pants (slacks) or panty hose?

In their defence, they didnt expect snow when they choosed the clothes for this trip.

I am sure they bring winterclothes for their trip to Finland and Norrbotten:=)

I agree that Victoria overdoes her affection in public, constantly touching and grimacing is getting annoying, at least to me. I like them and everyone knows they are in love but the constant reminders are a bit much.

Daniel looks ridiculous with the flower bouquet, there should be something else for a "first man", a different present or even nothing. His hairdo / glasses style is so unfortunate for a young man of his age, imagine his hair in white and he looks like the old guy in "Up!"

Duke of Marmelade said:
I agree that Victoria overdoes her affection in public, constantly touching and grimacing is getting annoying, at least to me. I like them and everyone knows they are in love but the constant reminders are a bit much.
I know what you mean...
Personally I don't find it annoying, but I also already noticed it.
Yes, she's newly married, happy and in love - I really have no doubt about it- but her gestures and facial expressions really look a bit too ecstatic from time to time.
Well, but they are newly married. I think Daniel and Victoria will get used to their public appearances as a couple quite soon and most likely Victoria will find a nice way to express her feelings without "overdoing" it, as you called it. ;)

Overdone Affection

I, for one, would rather have some overdone affection than stiff upper lip poise. I guess that the couple, Princess Victoria more particularly, was just reacting to the warmth that is being conveyed by the crowds.

Given one of the great romances among royals, I would surmise that the people are looking for, perhaps even expecting, this kind of behavior.

I have no objections to seeing what love can do for ones happiness. What these two have is something very special and I hope they can keep this happiness for many years. Children raised with love in the home are very lucky indeed.

They are extremely in love for a couple that has been together now for 9 years.

ruthieviews

For those of you who think CP Victoria and P Daniel are "overdoing it," I would like to remind them that these two had to pretend they were not together for nine long years. Over the years, we have seen a few nice photos of them lovingly interacting, but only a very few. Most of the photos showed them standing on opposite sides of the crowd at gatherings, weddings, and other public affairs. I imagine the "parents" forbid them from appearing together. Who were they kidding? Only themselves. These two have loved each other for all those years. Their silver bracelets tell a better story than that allowed by the "parents." When they were finally allowed to react to each other in public, they really let loose. Good for them. CP Victoria waited nine long, long years for her Prince. P Daniel waited nine long, long years for his Victoria. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if he would be approved. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if they would be allowed to marry. If anyone objects, tell them to go wait nine years to kiss their beloved. I'm so sorry that you had to wait all these years. I'm so happy you are now married and that no one can damper your happiness or dictate how you "behave" in public. All I can say is GO FOR IT! Be as loving as you wish, you deserve it!

... CP Victoria waited nine long, long years for her Prince. P Daniel waited nine long, long years for his Victoria. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if he would be approved. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if they would be allowed to marry. If anyone objects, tell them to go wait nine years to kiss their beloved. I'm so sorry that you had to wait all these years. I'm so happy you are now married and that no one can damper your happiness or dictate how you "behave" in public. All I can say is GO FOR IT! Be as loving as you wish, you deserve it!

Well said, Ruthie. You are absolutly right!

And for who thinks that royals should always do everything in a very controlled and calm way, even showing their love, I don't agree with you. There is never enough love in this world, and if we have a couple like this, it couldn't be more right than to show the love to everyone. I also believe that it comes naturally, that she's not playing it, just because she's expected to show her love now that she's finally married. Victoria's character is just so loving; what I have understood is that in this case she's like her mother.

For those of you who think CP Victoria and P Daniel are "overdoing it," I would like to remind them that these two had to pretend they were not together for nine long years. Over the years, we have seen a few nice photos of them lovingly interacting, but only a very few. Most of the photos showed them standing on opposite sides of the crowd at gatherings, weddings, and other public affairs. I imagine the "parents" forbid them from appearing together. Who were they kidding? Only themselves. These two have loved each other for all those years. Their silver bracelets tell a better story than that allowed by the "parents." When they were finally allowed to react to each other in public, they really let loose. Good for them. CP Victoria waited nine long, long years for her Prince. P Daniel waited nine long, long years for his Victoria. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if he would be approved. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if they would be allowed to marry. If anyone objects, tell them to go wait nine years to kiss their beloved. I'm so sorry that you had to wait all these years. I'm so happy you are now married and that no one can damper your happiness or dictate how you "behave" in public. All I can say is GO FOR IT! Be as loving as you wish, you deserve it!

The best comment on the Vastergotland thread yet!!

They are extremely in love for a couple that has been together now for 9 years.
If only all couples could still be so in love after so many years. :flowers:

If only all couples could still be so in love after so many years. :flowers:

I guess their relationship got a real boost by entering a new phase. That must have been very exciting for them.

Video about when Victoria writes her name to the paper and there´s a very little room for Daniel´s signature. Victoria kisses Daniel´s cheek.
It starts about 1.30. Victoria´s laugh is so funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LelpYxxF7C4

Video about when Victoria writes her name to the paper and there´s a very little room for Daniel´s signature. Victoria kisses Daniel´s cheek.
It starts about 1.30. Victoria´s laugh is so funny.

That's such a lovely video, thank you for posting! Daniel was very quick to hide her bag when she gave it to him. ;)

Last edited:
What a delight these two are. He is such a good sport. I don't understand why many want Daniel to get a "new" look. To me he is well-groomed and knows what he likes, but mostly, he knows who he is.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder; there is a time and place for everything.

Back
Top Bottom