Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel Expect First Child in March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaaaay for Victoria, I'm so thrilled for her.

I don't really care about the gender of her baby. As long as is well and arrives safely, all it's good. :))

Yeeeahaaaa again!

Amniocentesis is actually recommended for pregnancies if the mother is older than 30 years old.
In Sweden the age limit is 35 years. There are today non-invasive tests to see if the foetus have Down's syndrome, for example Nuchal translucency screening with a blood test, that can be done earlier than aminocentesis, already at week 12-14, so it's possible that the test have already been done and was ok.

The amnio test is only recommended for the over 35s as its results are limited. There are genetic syndromes that are not picked up by amnios at any age.

Can we rejoice in Victoria's pregnancy without going into this selective negative thinking?

girl or boy, i hope its healthy, thats what matters! Despise wanting this first child to be a girl, i kinda "smell" in the end it will be a boy, but ill be happy anyway, since i love boys too and i want another boy heir besides christian.

now, i want to enjoy Victoria's baby bump. it will be fun and exciting to see her bump grow with time^^

The amnio test is only recommended for the over 35s as its results are limited. There are genetic syndromes that are not picked up by amnios at any age.

Can we rejoice in Victoria's pregnancy without going into this selective negative thinking?

i started the amniocentesis discussion only to say that she may know the sex already!

i started the amniocentesis discussion only to say that she may know the sex already!
You don't have to do an amniocentesis to know the sex of the child, a simple blood test can tell the sex of the child as early as from week 7 in a pregnancy.

You don't have to do an amniocentesis to know the sex of the child, a simple blood test can tell the sex of the child as early as from week 7 in a pregnancy.

i meant to say that we were thinking about her already knowing the sex already and nothing related to problems with the child. Of course there are other way...as i said in my post there are different tests that show the sex, i was marely saying she may know already

Whilst true, many doctors forbid the blood test, unless there is a considerable chance that there is a genetic disorder.

Whilst true, many doctors forbid the blood test, unless there is a considerable chance that there is a genetic disorder.
We're way off topic, but I find it rather disturbing that any doctor would forbid a blood test, which is the easiest and least invasive way to indicate whether there is something wrong with the baby. And on the other hand amniocentesis which can cause for example an early labor is compulsory in many countries from certain age of the mother.

let's hope everything goes well and the baby is healthy! for now it seems everything is ok as she radiantly happy!

We're way off topic, but I find it rather disturbing that any doctor would forbid a blood test, which is the easiest and least invasive way to indicate whether there is something wrong with the baby. And on the other hand amniocentesis which can cause for example an early labor is compulsory in many countries from certain age of the mother.

I was talking about a blood test that can determine the sex of a child. I know in Australia, China, India, US, UK and many other countries, it is illegal to determine, via a blood test, the sex of a child, unless there is some genetic disorder pertaining to a particular sex. In many countries, it to reduce couples aborting female fetuses.

But as many have said, I want CP Victoria and Prince Daniel to have many healthy and happy children :flowers: They will be awesome parents!

I was talking about a blood test that can determine the sex of a child. I know in Australia, China, India, US, UK and many other countries, it is illegal to determine, via a blood test, the sex of a child, unless there is some genetic disorder pertaining to a particular sex. In many countries, it to reduce couples aborting female fetuses.
Which can be seen as a hypocrisy of those countries as the test is easily available to order online and do the test at home for those who want to know the sex and then have an abortion without giving a reason why.

Congratulations to CP Victoria & P Daniel. Such wonderful news, and I couldn't be happier :flowers:

Who wouldn't:flowers:. That is the best job ever; you get to spoil the baby rotten, fill it with suger...and then hand it over to the parents:ROFLMAO:...and let them be up all night:whistling:

Svenskdamtidning is reporting that Princess Madeleine looks forward being an aunt!

Google Translate

wow after i saw Victoria so tender with Ingrid Alexandra in Norway (10th anniversary of Haakon &MM), i could see that image with their future children in the upcoming future. oh god cant wait for this little baby to be born and be on their parents protective arms^^

Victoria is such a wonderful example for all the other crown princely couples with daughters who will inherit the throne one day. Haakon and MM are already close friends with Victoria and I speculate that they are making sure Ingrid sees the dignified, appropriate and most importantly, humble way Victoria goes about her business as heiress apparent. What a fine role model for all the future queens who are all in unique positions.

Seeing numerous photos of CP Victoria one has to wonder if the baby will not be born prior March 2012. Even if the baby is due on the first day of March she could not be more than just starting her 4th month of pregnancy. The baby bump she is showing is quite noticeable for someone who is pregnant for the first time and also in such a great physical shape as she is. My guesss is that the baby will definitively come earlier and/or she is carrying more than one.

Her baby bump is pretty big at 3 months. I was wondering if she's having twins although I doubt that. Victoria and Daniel aren't 'little' so I imagine she's going have a healthy, robust child.

Who wouldn't:flowers:. That is the best job ever; you get to spoil the baby rotten, fill it with suger...and then hand it over to the parents:ROFLMAO:...and let them be up all night:whistling:

:ROFLMAO: That's the attitude my cooperating teacher and I took when I was student teaching this past spring. Our reasoning was that parents send their kids to us when they're tired, not feeling well, upset, and what have you, so we, teachers have the right to feed the kids some candy during a math activity right after their phys. ed. period and pretty close to going home, and then put them on the bus. Now, the parents will be enjoying some of the things we teachers deal with for six-eight hours a day five days a week.

I think for that reason I always enjoy watching other people's children. I can have fun with them and then send them home (though I'm mindful of what the parents do not want me to do with their kids, it's only courteous).

Her baby bump is pretty big at 3 months. I was wondering if she's having twins although I doubt that. Victoria and Daniel aren't 'little' so I imagine she's going have a healthy, robust child.
i was wondering the same!
my mom's baby bump only became visible at 5 months. well pregnancies are not always the same, and many women has diferent baby bumps. but she only has 3 months and its huge for that time.
maybe they only said march just to avoid paparazzi craziness on due time, and maybe the baby will be born end january/february.
if she is really 3 months, then the baby will be a huge one, cant imagine her at 9 months

I think they simply did something the royal houses did too, said a later due date to avoid photographers lining in front of either Haga Palace or hospital around the due date, it would have been a smart idea if it hadn't been used several times before. Judging from the pics from yesterday, the only time when her baby bump was visible, she is further away. There's IMO no way that she's just 3 months along and if she would expect twins it would have been announced. This baby will come already in February. :)

if it were twins they would announce it of course.
this baby will be born for sure in late January/February, even Mary, who was pregnant with twins didnt have this baby bump around this time (late august) and the babies were born in the begining of January.
come to think of it, royal court only announces a pregnancy after the first months passed by, because its a dangerous time for miscarriges, so im sure she is further away.

They probably erred on the conservative side. due dates are never 100% accurate and for all we know, March could mean '1st March at the latest'.

Sorry it's a couple of weeks late but I'd like to send my congratulations to Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. I saw this wonderful news on Facebook two weeks ago. I hope they will have a boy. They will be a wonderful parents!:flowers:

Well, there are women who "grow the bump" in the first three months and then just add a little to that bump in the latest of the pregnancy :)

If Victoria was 12 weeks on the day of the announcement, then March 1st would be her due date. I can't imagne them announcing her pregnancy at her age too, before 12 weeks, because of miscarriage, etc.
Depending on height, hips, and overall weight gain, women can show early, even with the first. I always assumed she and Daniel were on the short side. How tall is Victoria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom