Crown Princess Couple's Visit to London: November 7-8, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Thursday evening Victoria and Daniel attend Forum and Dinner at Svenska Embassy in London.

I think it's lovely that the Queen received them and that is the most we should hope for. William and Catherine are not "heads of state" nor are they "working royals" so they have no real need to have meetings with foreign royals.
You are right. No matter how "popular" they are, they are only the second string.

The only royals that Victoria and Daniel would know would be Edward and Sophie. We saw Edward and Sophie greet Daniel and Carl-Philip at the Olympic's last year, when William, Catherine and Harry all ignored them essentially.
Hopefully there was more going on when the cameras were actually following the sports.

The Queen met them privately, therefore more on a personal basis not as a Head of State.

Why would they appreciate meeting the queen? They have met her before, I am sure. And who cares. Victoria's father is a king. It is not that Elizabeth is something more special.

How about that they have respect for the Head of State; or that they know and like her; that she is busy and found the time for them. Perhaps they do care.
Cepe you have the right of it. Having a private tea with Queen Elizabeth, a monarch of great respect, whose time is scheduled to the nth degree, really shows how much she appreciates the visit of this young couple. It is probably the first chance she has had to speak privately to Daniel and Victoria without it being part of another engagement.

I cannot quite get it through my head that anyone could think that havinga private meeting with HM instead of meeting the Cambridges is second or third rate treatment. This is real life not Britain's Got Talent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they appreciate meeting the queen? They have met her before, I am sure. And who cares. Victoria's father is a king. It is not that Elizabeth is something more special.

Eeh ? Elizabeth are the ruling Queen of many countries have ruled since 1952 and are europes by far longest and the worlds second longest reigning monarch so yes i do think she is something special. And she is a good role model for Victoria.

Last edited:
Stoppa pressarna about the article of the visit from Expressen
- We must not forget that England is the largest export market of Sweden and we have a lot in common, said Victoria to Expressen.
How does it feel for the parents to be abroad for work travel again?
- It feels great! Or? laughs Victoria and Daniel adds:
- Yes, now I can not say anything else?
Estelle was with them in London and taken care by nanny Adeline Petersson.
Victorias och Daniels privata besök hos den engelska drottningen Elizabeth II. Stoppa Pressarna ¨

Last edited:
You are right. No matter how "popular" they are, they are only the second string.

I would say third string behind The Queen and DoE and Charles and Camilla.

Eeh ? Elizabeth are the ruling Queen of many countries have ruled since 1952 and are europes by far longest and the worlds second longest reigning monarch so yes i do think she is something special. And she is a good role model for Victoria.

And I've always felt that Philip would serve well as a role model for Daniel, who could learn a lot about the best way to be a great "consort"

I would say third string behind The Queen and DoE and Charles and Camilla.
I was generalizing but you are indeed correct. The Cambridge's have little to offer as yet, merely celebrity status a la Posh and Becks.

It was the first royal visit to Level39
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...469.1073741830.571322762886822&type=1&theater

Expressen tells that Victoria jokes with Daniel's similarity with the swedish minister for Health and Social Affairs, Göran Hägglund, who is one of the most famous politicians in Sweden.
When the couple on Friday was in Cambridge the Minister for Trade Ewa Björling looked curiously at the prince when Victoria called "Come on Hägglund".
- Yes, it is like this, I have heard it a couple of times, it is nothing new for me, Daniel laughed and told the background to a laughing Ewa Björling.
- And since then minister Hägglund has pointed this out on a number of occasions. Afterwards, I have also been told that we are similar, we wear the same type of glasses. I'll might have to check with Minister Hägglund, so that we do not choose the same ties and glasses.
It all began over two years ago when Daniel was in Washington with Göran Hägglund. At a dinner party at the Swedish residence they were, not knowing about each other, dressed in almost identical ties, suits and glasses. For those who did not know them previously it was difficult to see who was who.
- I was there that night and it was an older gentleman who had a hard time keeping them apart. He called the Minister for Health and Social Affairs as the prince and vice versa. It was a bit funny, Ulrika Näsholm from the court information department tells.
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHand...da-88bc-0c5d0d851cb0&imageFormat=secondColumn
Victorias skämt Kom nu Hägglund! Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Daniel and minister Hägglund in USA in 2011
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080011N138410173875245

They have been many times at the same events and minister Hägglund has told with a laugh that people have difficulties to identify them.
Tomorrow they will be together again, Daniel and minister Hägglund visit Ängslätt School in Bunkeflostrand.

Last edited:
Expressen tells that Victoria jokes with Daniel's similarity with the swedish minister for Health and Social Affairs, Göran Hägglund, who is one of the most famous politicians in Sweden.
When the couple on Friday was in Cambridge the Minister for Trade Ewa Björling looked curiously at the prince when Victoria called "Come on Hägglund".

Of course we don't know the context of that joke, had the similarity just been reported again? that would explain it, apart from that I don't find it so friendly from Victoria towards Daniel.

Of course we don't know the context of that joke, had the similarity just been reported again? that would explain it, apart from that I don't find it so friendly from Victoria towards Daniel.

About the similarity of Daniel and minister Hägglund has been talked in the swedish media already for many times, and minister Hägglund has talked about it in his social media, and told to Svensk Damtidning that he thinks it is funny. Minister Hägglund has told that he respects Daniel very much, they have been at the same events many times and he is impressed of Daniel's attitude to his work. Minister Hägglund said that he hasn't been invited to the Haga Palace, but he likes to work with Daniel.
Svensk Damtidning wrote in October 2012 about the similarity
Göran och Daniel – lika som bär Svensk Damtidning
Translation
About Victoria joking about the similarity - to me it is "people who play together, stay together". Victoria has often told that he loves Daniel's sense of humour, so I think Daniel loves Victoria's sense of humour. I'm quite sure that if Daniel would hate these kind of jokes, Victoria would do that.

Last edited:
i´m happy to see the queen received them - quite unusual i must say, but i guess she had to jump in since the rest of the family members were busy already. or, who knows, maybe she genuinely wanted to get to know them, these visits are scheduled quite a long time befoe - what a privilege to them. although wouldn't it have been lovely if W+K accompained them to cambridge, seeing it's their dukedom?

The royal court's website tells about Victoria's and Daniel's second day:
First they met the Lord Mayor of the City of London Roger Gifford and Eric Van der Kleij, Responsible for Level 39, who spoke about the vision of creating a global strategic network of entrepreneurs from a Swedish-British axis.
Then they visited Skanska Seven Acres outside Cambridge. The Seven Acres focuses on Scandinavian functional and smart design, energy efficiency and social interaction.
The day ended with a visit to the University of Cambridge where they received information about Cambridge Conservation Initiative. The visit to the University of Cambridge ended with a visit to the Centre for Governance and Human Rightsx where they received information about the Humanitarian Centre and their activities.
Kronprinsessparet besöker London, dag 2 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Victoria och Daniel mötte elever i Cambridge Hovbloggen

Først med det siste… Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland

Last edited:
MARG said:
Cepe you have the right of it. Having a private tea with Queen Elizabeth, a monarch of great respect, whose time is scheduled to the nth degree, really shows how much she appreciates the visit of this young couple. It is probably the first chance she has had to speak privately to Daniel and Victoria without it being part of another engagement.

I cannot quite get it through my head that anyone could think that havinga private meeting with HM instead of meeting the Cambridges is second or third rate treatment. This is real life not Britain's Got Talent!

How right you are Marg, meeting the Queen for a private tea in her salon is the icing on the cake for both Victoria and Daniel. You couldn't have put it better then that. I am sure that Queen Elizabeth has great respect for Victoria and her husband and the Swedish people as she has sat that example her entire life. The Cambridge's time will come, just not now as they still have a long way to go in learning about the workings of being royals in this world today. Not an easy task regardless of how many servants or assistants one has at one's disposal.

Last edited by a moderator:
With regard to Victoria and Daniel taking tea with the Queen, I think this is testimony as to how close they are to her. Rather than it being scheduled months in advance, I think it quite possible that the Queen heard of their visit to London in casual conversation with, say, King Carl Gustav during a regular catch up on the phone, and decided to ask them round to tea. I know HM's schedule is rather busy, but she does have a life and has to stop sometime for a cuppa in the day - so why not see who's around to join her!?

Bring Estelle to meet her future husband. :ROFLMAO:

James, Viscount Severn, being a sovereign's grandson but way down in the line of succession to the throne, would be a good candidate for an arranged marriage with Estelle. He is about 4 years older than she is, but I don't see that as an obstacle.

The recent history of possible arranged marriages between the Windsors and the Bernadottes hasn't been very successful though. King Carl XVI Gustaf is rumored for example to have rejected Princess Anne as a potential bride when he was young and, despite all the speculation about how perfect William and Madeleine would have been together, neither family ever bothered to introduce them to each other when they were growing up.

Crown Princess Couple's Visit to London; November 7-8, 2013

James, Viscount Severn, being a sovereign's grandson but way down in the line of succession to the throne, would be a good candidate for an arranged marriage with Estelle. He is about 4 years older than she is, but I don't see that as an obstacle.

The recent history of possible arranged marriages between the Windsors and the Bernadottes hasn't been very successful though. King Carl XVI Gustaf is rumored for example to have rejected Princess Anne as a potential bride when he was young and, despite all the speculation about how perfect William and Madeleine would have been together, neither family ever bothered to introduce them to each other when they were growing up.

Anne would've made a fantastic queen but I can imagine CG turning her down because of her having to much skin on her nose.

I often toy with the idea of who would've marry who if the old rules of royal marriages would still be valid and I always marry of Anne to either CG of Sweden or Harald of Norway.

Last edited:
I never read any speculations about Madeleine and William, the most often people's fantasy for William was Charlotte Casiraghi (exactly as for her mum and Pc Charles 35 years ago).
As for Madeleine the best match was Pcs Felipe and after it was Pc Nikolaos of Greece.
As for Estelle and James possible arranged match, when these 2 will be at the age of marriage, the idea of arranged royal match won't exist.

Last edited:
I never read any speculations about Madeleine and William, the most often people's fantasy for William was Charlotte Casiraghi (exactly as for her mum and Pc Charles 35 years ago).

Am I glad William did not marry either Madeleine or Charlotte - neither are likely to have gone down well with the UK public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom