Crown Princess Couple's Visit to Estonia: October 28-29, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Twitter of Caroline Vicini, the Chief of Protocol for the Ministry for Foreign Affairs in Sweden:
Crown princess Victoria & Prince Daniel on official visit to #Estonia 28-29 Oct. Lunch w @IlvesToomas & visit to Tartu. More to follow.
https://twitter.com/CarolineVicini/status/516557571155836928

Victoria and Daniel will also attend at Sustainable Development Forum 2014 BLUE ECONOMY IN THE VULNERABLE BALTIC SEA´s session "Cooperation on the protection and sustainable use of the Baltic Sea: Swedish and Estonian experiences" at 16.30 on 28th October.
http://www.pult.ee/SEIT/en/

Last edited:
On 28-29 October the crownprincess couple visits Tallinn and Tartu together with the Minister for Higher Education and Research Helene Hellmark Knutsson. The visit focuses on three areas - culture, economy and environment.

Tuesday, October 28

National Identity Card
Estonia is one of the fastest growing IT countries and has a well-developed national identity card that gives access to all of Estonia's e-services. The concept is called the e-Estonia and Crown Princess couple begins their visit in e-Estonia showroom where they get information about Estonia's various ICT solutions.

Estonia Monument
Then the Crown Princess couple visits Estonia monument "Broken Line" which was built to the memory of the victims of the ferry Estonia disaster 28 September 1994.

Lunch in the presidential palace
Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves and Mrs. Evelin Ilves invite the Crown Princess couple to a lunch at the presidential palace. Other guests include the Estonian Minister of Culture Urve Tiidus and representatives from the Estonian and Swedish culture and business.

Swedish Business Awards 2014
During the afternoon, the Crown Princess couple participates in the Swedish Business Awards 2014 which aim to highlight the outstanding companies and entrepreneurs in various fields. The seminar is divided three prizes - sustainable business, corporate social responsibility and innovation. At the Swedish Business Awards participates also Prime Minister Taavi Roivas and the Foreign trade and business minister Anne Sulling.

Environment Conference on the Baltic Sea
Environment Conference "Blue Economy Vulnerable in the Baltic Sea" on the Baltic Sea environment completes the afternoon. The conference is organized by the Stockholm Environment Institute. Swedish marine and water ambassador Lisa Emelia Svensson.

In the evening the Swedish Ambassador, HE Anders Ljunggren with wife Barbro Allardt Ljunggren host a dinner at the residence.

Wednesday, October 29

Ericsson
The day begins with a visit to one of Ericsson's biggest plants worldwide. The plant mainly produces mobile base stations and communications equipment for 2G, 3G and 4G.

Tartu
The Crown Princess couple moves to town of Tartu, located about 200 km southeast of Tallinn, where the Estonian National Museum and the Estonian Student Association host a lunch at the Estonian Academic Society.

The National Museum in Tartu
The Crown Princess couple visits the National Museum in Tartu. The Estonian collection from Nordic Museum in Stockholm will be reversed in a long eternity deposit to the Estonian National Museum in Tartu.
The Crown Princess couple participates thereafter at a seminar on the theme "Fashion, Cultural Heritage and Diversity" with audiovisual presentations of Gudrun Sjödén, Anu Raud, Miriam Parkman, Elin Ivre and Liisa Soolepp.

University of Tartu
In the end of the day the Crown Princess couple visits the University of Tartu. During the visit, the Crown Princess couple takes part at a seminar on relations between Sweden and Estonia. Estonian Minister for Education and Research Jevgeni Ossinovski is one of the speakers.

The visit ends.
Kronprinsessparet besöker Estland 28–29 oktober SwedenAbroad
Translation

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden to Visit Estonia News ERR

Last edited:
Seems, that estonians speaks about e-services to every foreign visitor.:ROFLMAO:
I´am glad that Crown princess couple visits Tartu and the University of Tartu. After all the King Gustav II Adolf of Sweden signed the document , which marks the beginning of university's history.

Victoria and Daniel arrived to Tallinn
DELFI FOTOD Eestisse saabus visiidile Rootsi kroonprintsess Victoria - DELFI
Victoria and Daniel visited the "Broken Line" -monument, the monument is for the memory of those who lost their lives on the 'Estonia' ferry.
FOTOD Kroonprintsess Victoria saabus Tallinna Õhtuleht

Victoria laid a wreath to "Broken Line" -monument
DELFI FOTOD Kroonprintsess Victoria asetas pärja Estonia mälestusmärgile - DELFI
Rootsi kroonprintsess Victoria asetas lilled Estonial hukkunte monumendile - Galeriid - Postimees.ee

Meeting with president Toomas Hendrik Ilves and mrs Evelin Ilves
DELFI FOTOD Kroonprintsess Victoria kohtus Kadriorus presidendipaariga - DELFI
Rootsi kroonprintsess Victoria Kadriorus - Galeriid - Postimees.ee

Gallery, people had come to the "Broken Line" -monument to see Victoria and Daniel.
Galerii Ilvesed tervitasid koos Rootsi kroonprintsess Victoriat - Elu24 Eesti staarid

Video, Victoria laid a wreath at the monument and Victoria and Daniel met people, among them were students from the Gustav Adolf Gümnaasiumi in Tallinn.
Rootsi kroonprintsess Victoria kohtus GAG-i õpilastega Reporter

Video
Djupt tagen Victoria hedrade Estoniaoffer Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
President Toomas Hendrik Ilves gave Victoria and Daniel graphic art, "At Sea" (1953) by the Estonian artist Endel Kõksi.
Tens of thousands of Estonians, among them President Ilves's mother and father fled the war and the occupation in late summer or autumn of 1944, over the stormy Baltic Sea. The Swedish state and the Swedes reached out a hand to refugees and opened to them the gate of freedom.
Eesti riigipea kinkis Rootsi kroonprintsessile kunstnik Endel Kõksi paadipõgenikke kujutava teose
Translation
FOTOUUDIS President kinkis kroonprintsessile graafilise lehe paadipõgenikest Õhtuleht

Photo gallery from the president's website
Rootsi kroonprintsess Victoria ja prints Danieli visiit Eestisse Facebook

Gallery from the Broken Line monument
APA-Picturedesk

Victoria held an opening speech on Sweden Business Award in Tallinn. She took the opportunity to lament school shooting that took place in Estonia yesterday (A 15-year-old student shot and killed his teacher during class on Monday in a town in southern Estonia - the first known school shooting in Estonia).
- Prince Daniel and I became very moved when we heard the news. We would like to say that all the estonian people are in our minds today.
Victoria och Daniel Våra tankar är med er! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

At the Swedish Business Award at the Kumu Art Museum, with prime minister Taavi Rõivas.
Rootsi kuninglik paar Kumus - Galeriid - Postimees.ee
GALERII kroonprintsess Victoria osales Kumus Rootsi äriauhindade jagamisel Õhtuleht

Victoria's speech at the Swedish Business Award (in english)
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victorias tal vid Swedish Business Award Ceremony, Tallinn, tisdagen den 28*oktober***** - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
thank you for all the links.
Love that color on Victoria

Video
SEITSMESED UUDISED 2014 - 7 Uudised - EESTIS ON VISIIDIL ROOTSI KROONPRINTSESS VICTORIA - TV3 Play

Victoria and Daniel had recognized the reporter of finnish Ilta-Sanomat, she has followed Victoria about 20 years at her duties. The reporter asked Victoria, how is Estelle. Victoria said that Estelle is doing fine, but she was today at home, and not at preschool. The kids in Stockholm have holiday this week.
Video
Prinsessa Victoria herkistyi Estonia-muistomerkillä - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat
http://is12.snstatic.fi/img/658/1288756603867.jpg

Gallery from Swedish Business Award at the Kumu Art Museum, with prime minister Taavi Rõivas.
FOTOD kroonprintsess Victoria avas KUMUS konverentsi Rootsi Äriauhinnad 2014 - ärileht.ee

With prime minister Rõivas.
https://valitsus.ee/sites/default/f.../news-cover-images/img_0379.jpg?itok=ebPV2fUg

Victoria speaking at the Sustainable Development Forum.
APA-Picturedesk
Victoria's speecn (in english)
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victorias tal vid Seminar Sustainable Development Forum, Tallinn, tisdagen den 28 oktober - Sveriges Kungahus

Victoria met swedish media after they visited the Broken Line -monument. Expressen's Johan T Lindwall writes that Victoria said that it was a very strong feeling, to see all the names of those who lost their lives in Estonia, at the monument. Lindwall asked if Victoria herself had friends aboard the boat, she answered diplomatically: I think we all know someone or know someone who knew someone at the Estonia. I was very touched. It was incredibly strong moment. But it was also a nice moment. I'm glad I got the opportunity to be here and see the place. It was very solemn.
What do you think it means for families to be noticed in this way?
- I think it is extremely individual. For my own part, I was happy that I could make this gesture. This is something that affects so many.
Kronprinsessan talar om katastrofen Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Galerii ja video Rootsi kroonprintsess Victoria*mälestas Estonial hukkunuid Uudised ERR

Last edited:
https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2563495.html

The above link contains photos of Crown Princely couple visiting Estonia.

I guess that First Lady Evelin Ilves, who has amazing toned figure, has atoned her sins. Her over-baked tan is ghastly though.

Last edited:
On Wednesday morning Victoria and Daniel visited Ericsson's Estonian plant.
GALERII kroonprintsess Victoria ja prints Daniel külastavad Ericsson Eesti ASi Õhtuleht
Pildid Rootsi kroonprintsess käis Ericssoni tehases - Äriuudised - E24.ee

Video of the visit to Ericsson
http://uudised.err.ee/v/eesti/c41ea1c5-b0a6-4485-8fe3-1e7f28fe1ee7

Victoria and Daniel travelled to Tartu and arrived to Estonian Students' Society, they have also lunch there.
Galerii Rootsi kroonprintsess abikaasaga läks lõunale EÜSi majja - Uudised - Tartu Postimees
The lunch and after that they visited the Estonian National Museum.
FOTOD Rootsi kroonprintsess Victoria saabus Tartusse - DELFI
GALERII JA VIDEO kroonprintsess Victoria ja prints Daniel külastasid Tartus EÜSi Õhtuleht

Video of the arrival to the Estonian Students' Society and from the National Museum
Video Kroonprintsess Victoria andis ERMile üle Eesti etnograafiliste esmete kogu Uudised ERR

Video of Victoria and Daniel leaving the lunch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gYvlQAqFdE

Last edited:
Video from the website of the university. The arrival of Victoria and Daniel, the seminar, the rector giving the plaid and Victoria and Daniel chatting with the students.
UTTV Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria and His Royal Highness Prince Daniel visit UT

The rector surprised Victoria with a beautiful plaid. Victoria said soon that it is really warm. Victoria and Daniel talked with the students after the seminar. Many of the students study something related to Sweden.
GALERII Tartu Ülikool kinkis kroonprintsessile kena pleedi Õhtuleht

Video from today. In it the swedish ambassador in Estonia tells about how Victoria feels about this visit (in english).
http://www.reporter.ee/2014/10/29/rootsi-kroonprintsess-kinkis-erm-ile-hinnalised-esemed/

Arriving to Estonian National Museum
APA-Picturedesk

Last edited:
I like it sooo much that Victoria seems always so engaged with people around her.... You can feel confortable with her

Victoria and Daniel met at the Estonian National Museum Gudrun Sjöden, who makes colourful clothes and home textiles in natural materials with an emphasis on Scandinavian design. She gave Victoria a blue shawl.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd...._=1423656452_b7a7c2dfccfa65cf4028ce804a7882f2
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd...._=1425063314_b53f76ca59b53860733826dcaf082375
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd...._=1423707666_eddcf0ebf2b9324f0ae53fe94eab60c6

http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2014/10/lilakappa-760x988.png
http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2014/10/Skärmavbild-2014-10-30-kl.-00.07.38-988x894.png

Victoria and Daniel visited also e-Estonia on their first day right after they arrived to Tallinn. The ambassador told that they were very impressed of their visit to e-Estonia.

Last edited:
Johan T Lindwall has written a good article of Victoria's and Daniel's visit to Sunday's Expressen.
Ambassador Anders Ljunggren is lyrical when he talks about the incredible response that has been since it became clear that Victoria and Daniel would visit the country: Every third day a new company is registered here in Estonia with Swedish ownership. The attention after such a visit here is invaluable. They meet four to five ministers and the president.
President Toomas Hendrik Ilves and his wife Evelin have a reception in his palace. Afterwards, a happy president summarizes the visit as "excellent".
Toomas Sildam, the presidential office's press officer: It was a genuine visit with many interesting topics. The Crown Princess couple was well prepared.
Jaroslava Platoihhna goes every year to Stockholm in March to Victoria's name day celebrations. Jaroslava is recognized by Victoria: But, are you here? How fun! Are you coming to Stockholm in March next year as well?, Victoria asks.
Victoria about her role: I think it's important to be sensitive in this kind of role. Able to switch between different things. I meet all the time in my job, so many people and it is an important mission to represent Sweden. Victoria realizes that she has both a "symbolic value" for Sweden, while she is a "PR machine": Yes, something like that. Since it is so much more. You have to constantly see the whole. It is extremely important.
Allan Larsson, former finance minister, attended at the seminar on the Baltic Sea: Crown Princess is a great role model in such contexts. She has a dedication that is genuine and passionate.
Lisa Emilia Svensson, marine and aquatic ambassador in Tallinn: Victoria has a confidence at the young people. She is a symbol of the Baltic Sea.
At Ericsson both Victoria and Daniel are joking. At Ericsson's mobile phone base station Victoria suggests that they'll put one out at Haga, they have so incredibly poor coverage there. When they later go into production and must have protective coats on Daniel notes that he has got the right size: XL over the shoulders, he says, and blinks with eye.

On way home after 48 hours in the service of the kingdom, and they are still not tired.
The trick?
- Well, there's probably no tricks, says Victoria. You probably just need to like what you do.
Do you have the best job?
- Yes, no doubt. This I want to do and it's the best job.
At a flight to Arlanda, Victoria falls asleep almost immediately against the window and Daniel talks with the rest of the court delegation.
Victoria said: Mom developed a habit after every trip to come home and tell us kids where they had been and what they had been through. I think she also did it to teach us about the world outside. Now in retrospect, I realize that she made a big service. I have had the enormous advantage of it. For that I am eternally grateful.
Victorias och Daniels 48 timmar i Estland Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Victorias bedårande stilsuccé i Estland Stoppa Pressarna

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom