Christening of Princess Estelle: May 22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet CP Wilhem-Alexander is very happy at being Princess Estelle's godfather, is this his 1st godchild?

Will any of the Greek Royals be in attendance? I think Victoria is godmother to one of CP Pavlos' five children. And she was once close with Nikolaos if I remember correctly.

No Spanish or Monaco Royals on the list, why have they been left out?

Perhaps they were invited but could not attend. Felipe and Letizia have a busy schedule and Spain is far away. Felipe is godfather to Ingrid Alexandra of Norway and Prince Vincent of Denmark, but I don't think he attended either christening, IIRC.

I'm really mad that it'll be 3am here. I guess I'll have to catch it later tomorrow.

I am looking forward to see Countess Stephanie making a public appearance.

Oh yes! I have been taken with this young woman, too - quite unexpectedly - and I agree - would love to see her again. :flowers:

LATER: Just saw this: On the list include: Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy Yay! :flowers:

Last edited:
It is really too bad about the "live ins" because they will detract attention. It's not a question of conservative, etc. because living together has become a "pre-engagement" step in a lot of royalty circles.
Certainly, Sofia seems to be getting a much speedier acceptance treatment than Daniel did, to my knowledge.

Oh yes! I have been taken with this young woman, too - quite unexpectedly - and I agree - would love to see her again. :flowers:

LATER: Just saw this: On the list include: Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy Yay! :flowers:

I find her fascinating too, for reasons I can't quite put my finger on. She and Guillaume seem like a throwback to a more romantic and traditional time. I adore how they interact as a couple. :whistling:

Anyway I am delighted to get another glimpse of them at a huge Royal event like Estelle's christening...I thought we might not see Stephanie again till later on this summer. :)

It is really too bad about the "live ins" because they will detract attention. It's not a question of conservative, etc. because living together has become a "pre-engagement" step in a lot of royalty circles.
Certainly, Sofia seems to be getting a much speedier acceptance treatment than Daniel did, to my knowledge.

Daniel is the spouse of the Crown Princess and therefore will play a much more important role in the monarchy than the spouses of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeline. It makes sense to me that it took longer to recognize him as Victoria's partner- the pair of them are the real future of the monarchy.

I'm sure the focus of the day will still be on Princess Estelle and her parents, and not on who her aunt and uncle bring as their dates.

No Spanish or Monaco Royals on the list, why have they been left out?

All spanish royals (the king, the queen, Felipe and Letizia) have work engagements in Spain today.

Expressen writes that the closest and the godparents were invited to a private dinner in Haga Palace yesterday evening. A photo of Willem-Alexander and Maxima arriving.
Kungliga gäster på plats - nu väntar dop | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

The reporter of finnish Iltalehti told just on MTV3, that he got into the church during the rehearsal yesterday, they were rehearsing the camera angles. Victoria looked relaxed, he saw also Carl Philip at the church.

Östergötland's gifts to Estelle: a blue bowl and a necklace, photos:
Östgötska presenter till Estelle - Norrköping Lokala nyheter - Norrköpings Tidningar
Google translation

And she gets a Dala horse
Det här får Estelle i doppresent - Dalanytt
Google translation

Last edited:
Not long now, is there a link to watch it on the net as i am currently in Australia and would love ot watch it?

Not long now, is there a link to watch it on the net as i am currently in Australia and would love ot watch it?

The link has been put to this thread before, here.
Det kungliga dopet - Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play
The program
11:00 to 11:45
Guests arriving at the Royal Palace and the Royal Chapel.
12:00 to 13:00
The christening ceremony in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace.
Approximately 13:15 to 14:30
The King and the Queen give a reception at the Bernadotte rooms at the Royal Palace.

Last edited:
As Victoria had several monarchs as her godparents maybe Estelle will have a few monarchs along with some of the crown princely heads.
No, Victoria had no monarchs, only future monarchs, as her godparents, she was baptized in 1977, Beatrix became queen in 1980 and Harald king in 1991.

i woke up early today to watch it, im already waiting and listening music so that the time flies fast^^

Well its about 10:15 here in Hawaii so it will be a late one. See if I can stay up to watch. Svt has a coutdown going on right now so I still have about a half hour to go.

It's been mentioned before on one of the first pages but I still think one more time doesn't hurt. For those who can receive german TV:

ZDF will broadcast the christning live from 10.30 until 12:00 german time. That's about 10 Minutes from now for those who're to lazy to do the math with the time zones (which I totally understand, because I never like things like this, too)

Do we know anything about the godparents?

I can´t wait anymore! I want to see Estelle and Victoria now!!

All spanish royals (the king, the queen, Felipe and Letizia) have work engagements in Spain today.
And even if they wouldn't have work engagements in Spain they wouldn't attend. They never have, even when chosen as godparent.
I guess it has either to do with religion and Spain being very conservative or with their "Just work, no fun" PR strategy (which of course has been ridiculed lately).

Any idea whether international viewers will be able to watch the christening form the SVT site?

Charlotte_Aster said:
Any idea whether international viewers will be able to watch the christening form the SVT site?

I'm watching it now in the US

And even if they wouldn't have work engagements in Spain they wouldn't attend. They never have, even when chosen as godparent.
I guess it has either to do with religion and Spain being very conservative or with their "Just work, no fun" PR strategy (which of course has been ridiculed lately).

In addition, they do not invite other royals to their own christenings and chose godparents among the family, eg Leonor as future Queen has her own grandparents (Kings of Spain) as godparents.

i think she will get the Royal Order of the Seraphim - i am not sure but i think it were said on SVT
victoria, carl philip and madeleine got it when they turned 18

Back
Top Bottom