Christening of Princess Estelle: May 22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The guest list doesn't include all the guests. I see Prince Henrik is not mentioned but on Kongehuset.dk's site he is mentioned as accompanying the Queen. I'm afraid Sofia and Chris will arrive. :ermm:

^^^ I didn't realise not all names were on the list. I had thought it sad that Victoria's friend Caroline would not be there but she must be going and just not mentioned.

It will be lovely to see Guillaume and Stephanie together!

I don't think they mention non-official people on the list. I'm glad yet invited the doctor who delivered Estelle, though.

As Victoria had several monarchs as her godparents maybe Estelle will have a few monarchs along with some of the crown princely heads.

JessRulz said:
Official guest list, released by Kungahuset.

Gäster - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

On the list include:

The Duke and Duchess of Brabant
Queen Margrethe II, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn
The President and First Lady of Finland
The President and First Lady of Iceland

I only expected Norway and Denmark so it's a pleasant surprise to see the Benelux houses.

Please, does anyone know if we can watch the christening ceremony via Internet ?? And what will the the exact time ??

Ah, I was hoping to see Albert & Charlene of Monaco on the list.

I wonder if they were asked and were just not able to attend. ?

I see that CP Mette-Marit isn't on the list. I'm sure that she would have been invited.

No Sofia & Chris. ? So much for the media saying they, especially Sofia, would be there. ! Looks like they got it wrong .... again. :whistling:

Breffney said:
Ah, I was hoping to see Albert & Charlene of Monaco on the list.

I wonder if they were asked and were just not able to attend. ?

I see that CP Mette-Marit isn't on the list. I'm sure that she would have been invited.

No Sofia & Chris. ? So much for the media saying they, especially Sofia, would be there. ! Looks like they got it wrong .... again. :whistling:

I never got the impression that Victoria was close to Albert. Then again, I was surprised Guillaume was invited. Mette Marit has an event scheduled in advance.

The court confirmed that Sofia and Chris were invited but according to the article I just posted, they may not show up. I hope somebody had a last minute realization that it was a bad idea.

I never got the impression that Victoria was close to Albert. Then again, I was surprised Guillaume was invited. Mette Marit has an event scheduled in advance.

The court confirmed that Sofia and Chris were invited but according to the article I just posted, they may not show up. I hope somebody had a last minute realization that it was a bad idea.

Apolgies, Esmerelda. I read the guest list and just posted straight away without finishing reading the posts that came after it. :sad:

So we wait and see whether or not Sofia & Chris turn up or not.

When I saw that the royals from Belgium, Luxembourg etc. were on the list I had wondered if the Swedish Royal Family had decided to ask all the European royals. I expected to see people coming from Scandinavia as they are all quite close and good friends.

I am looking forward to see Countess Stephanie making a public appearance.

She has an previous appointment, she will be at the Young Global Leaders' Summit at Seattle between May 21 - May 23.

Even if Chris and Sofia don't turn up surely the fact that they were asked in the first place is highly significant. ?? As in .... engagement announcements to follow soon. ??

Me too. This will be her first big royal appearance, won't it. ?
It would be fair to assume that Countess Stephanie is well versed in protocol details/etiquette and prepared to meet new royals (e.g., Danish Crown Princely couple).

It would be fair to assume that Countess Stephanie is well versed in protocol details/etiquette and prepared to meet new royals (e.g., Danish Crown Princely couple).

I can imagine that she will be very well briefed. That doesn't worry me as I'm sure she will perform (for want of a better word) beautifully.

What I meant was that this is possibly her first meeting with a load of people ( who happen to be royal) whom she hasn't met before. ? Or maybe she has come across some of them given the circles that she moved in. ?

No friends invited?

Those must be only the official people invited, i believe some of their friends will be there.
I would be surprise if caroline isn't invited, i also hope for her as a godmother!

Those must be only the official people invited, i believe some of their friends will be there.
Of course only the official and family guests are on the guest list. Personal friends on any side are not included; the Palace Church holds more than 400 people.

IMHO, it is mind-boggling that PR Chief Ternert now even managed to get a last minute see-saw of 'Will they / Won't they' going, regarding the attendance of Chris OI'Neill and Sofia H.
How much more unprofessionally can you deal with the Royal Family's matters in public?
I sincerely hope that the reason behind this kind of back-pedaling is that someone came to his or her senses and realized that their 'introduction' at a state occasion on the highest level and in full view of an international TV audience might not exactly be the most brilliant move ever...
...but a completely ill-advised bad idea.

Last edited:
Boris said:
Of course only the official and family guests are on the guest list. Personal friends on any side are not included; the Palace Church holds more than 400 people.

IMHO, it is mind-boggling that PR Chief Ternert now even managed to get a last minute see-saw of 'Will they / Won't they' going, regarding the attendance of Chris OI'Neill and Sofia H.
How much more unprofessionally can you deal with the Royal Family's matters in public?
I sincerely hope that the reason behind this kind of back-pedaling is that someone came to his or her senses and realized that their 'introduction' at a state occasion on the highest level and in full view of an international TV audience might not exactly be the most brilliant move ever...
...but a completely ill-advised bad idea.

Ternert also said that Chris would have to arrange a flight which makes me think he wasn't given significant notice. I cannot imagine Sofia refusing the invitation but I hope she proves me wrong.

Ternert also said that Chris would have to arrange a flight which makes me think he wasn't given significant notice. I cannot imagine Sofia refusing the invitation but I hope she proves me wrong.

I will be stunned if she turns the invite down.

Johan T Lindwall in Expressen:
At a press conference on Monday Bertil Ternert told that both Sofia and Chris are invited even though they are not on the guest list.
Lindwall said that the reason they aren't there is that it was decided so late that they would come.
- As Sofia demanded last week that she would go, and that the King took a late decision over the weekend that they would come, they have not had time to bring up either Chris or her on the official guest list, he says.
De får komma på lilla Estelles dop | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

I don't see Chris of Sofia on the list!

They should be there.

BB quotes Bertil Ternert, PR chief, from the Swedish court for confirming that Chris O'Neil and Sofia Hellquist will attend. http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2012/5/Hoffet%20bekraefter%20Sofia%20og%20Chris%20deltager%20i%20barnedaben.aspx

He said: "I can confirm that they have been invited for the christening and I see nothing odd in this. These two persons live on the same address as the Prince and the Princess.
As this is an official christening, it is always the King, who ultimately makes the decision".

All the invited are not at the guest list, the friends of Victoria and Daniel aren't there either, some of them are invited.

Well, call me conservative.

I don't think it's a good idea to invite Sofia Hellquist and Chriss O'Neil before an official engagement.
They are probably nice people but that's not the point.

This is Victoria and Daniel and very much Estelle's day.
This is a state event and a dynastic event.
To invite Chris and Sofia will inevitable lead to speculations and discussions, which will detract from the event itself. And that is unfortunate, I think.

There will hopefully be more christenings and other major family events in the SRF. Surely Sofia and Chriss will survive waiting until they are officially "official" before attending such events.

Well, call me conservative.

I don't think it's a good idea to invite Sofia Hellquist and Chriss O'Neil before an official engagement.
They are probably nice people but that's not the point.

This is Victoria and Daniel and very much Estelle's day.
This is a state event and a dynastic event.
To invite Chris and Sofia will inevitable lead to speculations and discussions, which will detract from the event itself. And that is unfortunate, I think.

There will hopefully be more christenings and other major family events in the SRF. Surely Sofia and Chriss will survive waiting until they are officially "official" before attending such events.

I agree, they shouldn't have been invited. I'm a conservative too and Sofia and Chris should have allowed to attend some minor event with the royal family.

Okay guys help me with something....the article says that Sofia "demanded" that she was going"....what does that mean? Did she just decide that she would indeed attend after being asked or does that mean she more or less had a tantrum. I don't want to read too much into it and thought I'd ask.

And I too am conservative about some things. If they were going to come to the christening, then come as the guest of Carl Phillip and Madeilaine, there was no need for the information director to announce it. Not to sound mean, but that guy is not doing the royal family any favors lately with his announcements/information sessions. He needs some classes from the Danish Communications director or Buckingham Palace/Clarence House.

Johan T Lindwall in Expressen:
At a press conference on Monday Bertil Ternert told that both Sofia and Chris are invited even though they are not on the guest list.
Lindwall said that the reason they aren't there is that it was decided so late that they would come.
- As Sofia demanded last week that she would go, and that the King took a late decision over the weekend that they would come, they have not had time to bring up either Chris or her on the official guest list, he says.
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/de-far-komma-pa-lilla-estelles-dop/
Demanded...

Interesting choice of words ;)

Back
Top Bottom