Christening of Princess Estelle: May 22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finnish Iltalehti tells that when the private lunch had ended some of the guests left but the royal family, the godparents, people close to Victoria and Daniel and president Sauli Niinistö and his wife stayed at the Palace talking for a quite long time. President Niinistö and his wife gave Estelle a Glass Cube 2012 by Oiva Toikka, a very famous finnish glass designer. The inspiration of this year's cube has been the World Design Capital Helsinki 2012. Toikka has designed a yearly Glass Cube since 1977.
http://store.iittala.com/epages/iittala.sf/fi_FI/?ObjectPath=/Shops/iittala/Products/K006008
Toikka has become famous of his glass birds.
Iittala - Tuotteet - Sisustaminen - Birds by Toikka
Esinehaku | Designlasi.com

Last edited:
Did anyone else think it was strange that Madeleine was seated so far away?
She could have seated next to Daniel´s parents,so everyone of the closest family would have been near Estelle.

She could have seated next to Daniel´s parents,so everyone of the closest family would have been near Estelle.
Probably due to royal ranking, for example a hereditary grand duke have a higher status than a princess, and Madeleine had a higher status here than Märtha Louise as Madeleine was on home ground.

Probably due to royal ranking, for example a hereditary grand duke have a higher status than a princess, and Madeleine had a higher status here than Märtha Louise as Madeleine was on home ground.
But during the wedding she was seated among the queens and kings, was she not? And she is family, after all.

Yes, during the wedding she was seated in the first row, like the sister of the bridegroom,Anna Westling.

It is really strange to me, since also Anna´s husband was seated behind Daniel´s parents during the christening and so nearer than Madeleine.
When I watched the ceremony that was absolutely surprising to me, she sat somewhere in the congregation.

Yes, during the wedding she was seated in the first row, like the sister of the bridegroom,Anna Westling.

It is really strange to me, since also Anna´s husband was seated behind Daniel´s parents during the christening and so nearer than Madeleine.
When I watched the ceremony that was absolutely surprising to me, she sat somewhere in the congregation.

i was surprised by that as well

Perhaps this way she was sitting closer to Chris? Where was he seated?

He was seated away.
Also unusual that she didn´t join the family for the fotos outside.

Yes, I also thought that was strange.:ermm:

I saw the video and noticed how Pss Madeleine tried to get in concact with the man who was seating them, but he didn´t noticed that Pss Madeleine wanted to talk to with him... So perhaps she just sat down on the first free chair :)

Last edited:
I know which scene you mean. It seemed she really sat wrong first.Because when she arrived she let one chair free between her and stephanie de lannoy.Then she was corrected and sat next to her.:flowers:

Why did princess Estelle receive the Order of the Seraphim? Any real reason? Does this mean Estelle will be able to wear it for special ocassions?

I just watched the ceremony on svt:
Dopceremonin - Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play

Just like the Swedish court pulled off the best royal wedding that I know of, they also organised the nicest christening ceremony. Queen Silvia was very well dressed IMO, the most elegant woman by far. Maxima and Mathilde the usul Natan mess. Nice to see Stephanie de Lannoy, it seems she wore a hat from her future mother-in-law. The chappel is very beautiful btw.

I agree. I found myself thinking of Victoria's wedding the whole time I was watching the videos and photos of the christening...she had the same radiant glow that she did when she got married. The Swedish ladies were exquisitely dressed. I actually loved Mathilde's outfit...I thought she was the best dressed guest at the event. Absolutely beautiful ceremony.

Why did princess Estelle receive the Order of the Seraphim? Any real reason? Does this mean Estelle will be able to wear it for special ocassions?

the king also got the order at his chrisning. victoria, carl philip and madeleine got it on thie 18th birthday

he the king were not able to give the order to the swedish royal family until 1995

silvia got it before her wedding on may 6th 1976

Last edited:

She can officially start to wear it when she is 18. I wouldn't expect any pictures of her crawling around the nursery with the Seraphim pinned to her nappy.

Expressen has told about the lunch, the family meeting at Haga and a dinner at the Royal Palace on Tuesday.
Iltalehti quotes the story:
At the lunch guests were served a three-course meal with french wines. The beautifully set table was decorated with spring flowers.
The king gave a speech (in english), in which he wished her granddaughter happiness for her life. One court representative commented to Expressen that the joy of the king was heard in every word.
The real highlight was when Victoria unexpectedly stood up to speak to her small daughter. Victoria's speech about the future of Estelle moved everyone who were present. Finally, Victoria turned to the godparents of her daughter and told them about the confidence she has on them.
After the lunch, the closest moved to private celebration at the Haga Palace. Victoria, Daniel, and Estelle left to Haga among the last. At Haga Palace the family finally got some rest. There were at least Daniel's parents and sister Anna. However, they left home about half an hour later.
At nine o'clock in the evening Victoria, Daniel and Estelle headed back to the Royal Palace for a late dinner, they had Estelle's nanny with them.
Tired, but happy Victoria and Daniel left home after midnight. Carl Gustaf and Silvia stayed the longest, they left the palace half past one in the morning.
Estellen ristiäisten salaiset jatkot - Lähipiiri juhli pikkutunneille | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi

Last edited:
The real highlight was when Victoria unexpectedly stood up to speak to her small daughter. Victoria's speech about the future of Estelle moved everyone who were present. Finally, Victoria turned to the godparents of her daughter and told them about the confidence she has on them.
That's so very sweet, especially her words about the godparents. :)
Thanks for sharing, LadyFinn!

Just watched the whole video. I think Willem-Alexander will be a good godparent to Estelle. He seemed to take it all very seriously.

Just watched the whole video. I think Willem-Alexander will be a good godparent to Estelle. He seemed to take it all very seriously.
Well, he's got a lot of experience raising (adorable) little girls. :queen4: :queen4: :queen4:
I too loved the Prince's interaction with his little goddaughter, especially when he was making faces for her.
And he was very courteous too, inviting Daniel's parents to the front to share the moment with their granddaughter.

I say that most of the people up front had a role to play.either parent, grandparents, God parent or even spouse of a God parent. So with that Daniel brother in law was a husband of a God parent at this time Princess Madeline had no formal role so she was not up front.

I say that most of the people up front had a role to play.either parent, grandparents, God parent or even spouse of a God parent. So with that Daniel brother in law was a husband of a God parent at this time Princess Madeline had no formal role so she was not up front.

Yes, if Carl Philip wouldn't have been a godfather, he would have sat there with Madeleine also.

Scanpix, the official photo agency of the christening, had seven photographers at the church.
Scanpix Bildbyrå. Scanpix Blogg: PRINSESSDOP

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfb9NnwR9Ig

Last edited:
Attend Queen Silvias sister in law Simone Sommerlath (widow of Jörg Sommerlath) with her daugthers Helena and Vivian the christening?

Has this photo been posted? I dunno whether Victoria is arriving or leaving but she's holding Estelle in the baby carrier (is that what they're called?)
http://media.shootitlive.com/aftonbladet%2F562/CDVaXdFHqekY0rXavCejJRXAL67_1200.jpg

It looks like she's carrying Estelle in the carrier by the way Victoria is counter-balancing the weight. What's funny is that, in her full baptism dress, she's carrying her baby by herself. Isn't there a bodyguard around to help out for a short time?

Attend Queen Silvias sister in law Simone Sommerlath (widow of Jörg Sommerlath) with her daugthers Helena and Vivian the christening?

Not according to the guest list from the court's website:
H.M Drottningens familj
Mr. Ralf de Toledo Sommerlath och Mrs. Charlotte de Toledo Sommerlath
Mr. Thomas de Toledo Sommerlath och Ms. Bettina Aussems
Mrs. Carmita Sommerlath Baudinet och Monsieur Pierre Baudinet
Mr. Walther L. Sommerlath
Herr Patrick Sommerlath och Fru Maline Sommerlath
Herr Leopold Lundén Sommerlath

Photos:
The christening of princess estelle of sweden in the royal ch ...

Back
Top Bottom