Christening of Princess Estelle: May 22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MagMil

Heir Presumptive
City
Skopje
Country
Macedonia
Official Christening on 22th May :flowers:

Kungahuset Facebook page:

Vid ett möte på Kungliga slottet idag beslutades att dopdatum för Prinsessan Estelle blir tisdagen den 22 maj 2012. Dopet äger rum i Slottskyrkan och ärkebiskop Anders Wejryd kommer förrätta dopet.
At a meeting at the Royal Palace today decided that the dopdatum of Princess Estelle will be Tuesday, May 22, 2012. Baptism takes place in the Castle Church and Archbishop Anders Wejryd will officiate the baptism.

Thank you MagMil for finding the information - now we finally know it :flowers:

Thank you MagMil for the date! :flowers:
Only two months to go then... What with the Christening of the little Danish Princess and Estelle, May is promising to be quite an exiting month!

finally its confirmed! Late May is so promising indeed^^

That's gonna be amazing, two royal christenings within three days.

As the christening is still two months away, this thread will be closed until closer to the date.

Any new information should be forwarded to a moderator, or posted in one of the currents events thread, and will then be placed in this thread.

JessRulz
Swedish Forum Moderator

Great! I was hoping the baptism will be broadcast live - we are talking about two of Sweden's future Queens Regnant after all. :)

The Royal Court has just released more details about the christening. You can also see a couple of new black and white photographs from the baby Estelle photoshoot on the page.

Dopet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I couldn't find the page in English but it will probably be released soon if not there yet. I wonder if the photos will be released on the photo page later or not. I hope so! :flowers:

P.S. I have the three new pics but not sure if I'm allowed to post them anywhere.

From Norway, Crown Prince Haakon, Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn will attend the christening:

22.05.2012 Barnedåp
H.K.H. Kronprinsen er til stede ved H.K.H. Prinsesse Estelle av Sveriges dåp i Slottskyrkan på Stockholm slott. Prinsesse Märtha Louise og Ari Behn vil også være til stede.

22.05.2012 Christening
H.R.H. The Crown Prince will attend H.R.H. Princess Estelle of Sweden's christening at the Palace Church of Stockholm Palace. Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn will also attend.

Since the Christening Thread is closed I put this information here:
From Denmark Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik and the Crown Prince Couple will attend the christening (according to DRF calendar).

Last edited:
ricarda said:
Since the Christening Thread is closed I put this information here:
From Denmark Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrikand the Crown Prince Couple will attend the christening (according to DRF calendar).

So, at least 1 foreign monarch. I wonder which other Royal families are invited.

SVT will broadcast the christening and there will also be a program about the history of Royal christenings airing on 18 May.
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://svt.se/2.178981/det_kungliga_dopet

We'll be able to watch the christening from abroad. Unfortunately, it's a weekday but hopefully the full ceremony will be available on SVT Play.

Last edited by a moderator:
SVT will broadcast the christening and there will also be a program about the history of Royal christenings airing on 18 May.
Google Translate

We'll be able to watch the christening from abroad. Unfortunately, it's a weekday but hopefully the full ceremony will be available on SVT Play.

The finnish TV-channel YLE Fem shows the christening live also.

The president of Finland, Sauli Niinistö and his wife Jenni Haukio attend at the christening. Niinistö arrives straight from Chicago from the NATO Afghanistan Summit, mrs Haukio arrives to Stockholm from Helsinki.
The office of president Niinistö has told to the press, that because of the good relationship between Finland and Sweden, and him and the royal family, Niinistö wanted to ensure that he could attend the christening.
http://www.tpk.fi/public/default.aspx?contentid=249417&nodeid=44809&contentlan=2&culture=en-US

Folke and Estelle Bernadotte's sons Bertil and Folke Bernadotte are invited to the christening. Folke can't attend because of illness, but Bertil will arrive with his wife Jill. Bertil told to Aftonbladet, that it is very nice that Estelle is christened after his mother, after all the king is christened after his father. It is great to see little Estelle, they have seen just photos of her. He will give a private present for Estelle, something from his mother. He didn't want to say more, not to spoil the suprise - if someone from the royal family reads Aftonbladet. He says that they have only little contact to the royal family, he has sometimes contact to Madeleine.
Estelle får en hemlig gåva | Estelle | Nyheter | Aftonblad

Last edited:
And if the article above is to be believed, Sofia and Chris will not attend the christening.

And if the article above is to be believed, Sofia and Chris will not attend the christening.

I guess we will not know that for sure until when we see the guest list, or next Tuesday at the christening at last.

Last edited:
The president of Finland, Sauli Niinistö and his wife Jenni Haukio attend at the christening. Niinistö arrives straight from Chicago from the NATO Afghanistan Summit, mrs Haukio arrives to Stockholm from Helsinki.
The office of president Niinistö has told to the press, that because of the good relationship between Finland and Sweden, and him and the royal family, Niinistö wanted to ensure that he could attend the christening.
President Niinistö to attend NATO Summit - The President of the Republic of Finland: Press Releases and News

Folke and Estelle Bernadotte's sons Bertil and Folke Bernadotte are invited to the christening. Folke can't attend because of illness, but Bertil will arrive with his wife Jill. Bertil told to Aftonbladet, that it is very nice that Estelle is christened after his mother, after all the king is christened after his father. It is great to see little Estelle, they have seen just photos of her. He will give a private present for Estelle, something from his mother. He didn't want to say more, not to spoil the suprise - if someone from the royal family reads Aftonbladet. He says that they have only little contact to the royal family, he has sometimes contact to Madeleine.
Estelle får en hemlig gåva | Estelle | Nyheter | Aftonblad

It's great that the presidential couple will attend. :flowers:

I wonder what the secret present will be.. jewellery perhaps? :whistling: I'm sure we will not hear anything about Countess Estelle's tiara and jewellery set until it surfaces at some event (I am aware that no-one has confirmed that the parure is in possession of the Royal family and I am also aware that it will not be the present that they are discussing in the article). For some reason I'm thinking of a brooch or something.

Official guest list, released by Kungahuset.

Gäster - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

On the list include:

The Duke and Duchess of Brabant
Queen Margrethe II, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn
The President and First Lady of Finland
The President and First Lady of Iceland

It's gonna be nice to see HGD Guillaume and his Stéphanie out on an official event together.

Last edited:
I don't see Chris of Sofia on the list!

All my favorite royals are attending, but I think I will be in bed by the time it starts

Back
Top Bottom