The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2021, 08:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
But Charles V was only 56 when he abdicated. He passed away at the age of 58, so he would not have reigned much longer anyway.
Worth noting that life expectancy was also shorter back then, though this was likely less visible at higher ages than at lower ages due to the extremely high infant and childhood mortality back then. Someone who was 56 would statistically on average I presume have lived for an additional 10 or 15 years back then.

Old 10-15-2021, 01:05 AM
Courtier

I would be shocked if Elizabeth II abdicated; mildly surprised if Charles does; but I expect William will. I may not be around to see if my prophecy comes true...

Old 10-15-2021, 01:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I would be shocked if Elizabeth II abdicated; mildly surprised if Charles does; but I expect William will. I may not be around to see if my prophecy comes true...
Why William? I thought that Charles would be more likely to abdicate than William, though probably not very likely either since he's already been eyeing the British throne for almost 70 years by this point in time!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off