Which Country Could Become A Monarchy?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, sure, the Fidesz of Prime Minister Orbán has all power but suddenly they want to install an Austrian family as hereditary heads of state? I would say: dream on, folks. We will sooner see monarchies ending than new monarchies emerging.

Unless a 'puppet royal family' would be helpful to further the causes of those in power...

I would like to see the restoration of some monarchies.
I would like to see Nepal restore its monarchy. Especially because it was the last monarchy to be abolished. And I would like to see Prince Paras Shah, and then his son, Prince Hridayendra, as kings.

I would also like to see some old European monarchy being restored. But unfortunately, it is very unlikely. :whistling:

I’ve always said Romania is the only country with a whisker of a chance of its monarchy being restored someday, but nowhere else.

Georgia?

There is a considerable political difference between the current President there and the government in regards to Russia. The population there is also somewhat divided over this issue. So a political neutral head of state as well as a cultural focal point and anchor might be what is needed. The Georgians have a considerable pride in their very long and troubled history and culture.

Nepal riot police rout protesters seeking restoration of monarchy

Is there really any possibility of Nepal becoming monarchy again? Is it genuine or just some kind of anti-government protest? IIRC, there was pro-monarchy rally some months ago.

I don't know if there is any chance of the monarchy being restored in Nepal. But I like to believe so.
I think that from time to time demonstrations are held calling for the restoration of the monarchy. But I don't know if there is any monarchist movement in Nepal, or if any political party supports the monarchy.

What about Georgia? Is there any chance of the monarchy being restored?

Is there a chance that one day the monarchy could be restored with Prince Giorgi Bagrationi proclaimed as King of Georgia?

None. I feel like most monarchies are trying to figure out how to stay alive. None will ever be restored.

I want to predict two royal events:
Romania's government will finally rule in favor to restore the monarchy under Princess Margareta. Bonus prediction: she and her husband will adopt her nephew as heir and restore his title as crown prince

Libya will restore the monarchy
I saw this ^^^ yesterday in the 2024 predictions thread. Royal Predictions for 2024

Romania seems like it is already incorporating Margareta into official life, so that's a possibility.

I had never given much thought to Libya restoring its short-lived monarchy, but the government appears to be in talks with the Crown Prince (the great-nephew of the last king, Idris) about the future of the country.

What about Georgia? Is there any chance of the monarchy being restored?

Is there a chance that one day the monarchy could be restored with Prince Giorgi Bagrationi proclaimed as King of Georgia?

IMO very unlikely. Georgian monarchy had been gone already more than 200 years and even the hhouse has divided at least to two branches which both are claimants. Yes, there is some popular support but political machine seems being pretty apathic or even unwillingful to do anything with that.

Frankly, I can't see any former monarchy being restored. Hardly even most recent abolished Nepal.

I think the time for restoration would have been in the 1990s, after the collapse of communism, and in Serbia's case after the end of the Balkan wars. If it didn't happen then, I can't see it happening now.

What about Australia and Canada becoming a monarchy with an own monarch instead of Charles III?

What about Australia and Canada becoming a monarchy with an own monarch instead of Charles III?
As far as Australia is concerned that would never happen in a million years. The issue of keeping King Charles as Head of State in the future is a divisive one here, let alone all the vast trouble and expense of assembling our own monarchy instead of simply becoming a republic. Australia will become a republic within the next decade I believe.

Last edited:
As far as Australia is concerned that would never happen in a million years. The issue of keeping King Charles as Head of State in the future is a divisive one here, let alone all the vast trouble and expense of assembling our own monarchy instead of simply becoming a republic. Australia will become a republic within the next decade I believe.
I am curious, what made you fall into the conclusion that Australia maybe a republic? I've seen the
Australian Monarchist League pretty active, especially online. I will admit that I have mostly only been exposed to Pro-British Royal family content and not the more Pro-Republic crowd.

Back
Top Bottom