Royal Mysteries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XeniaCasaraghi

Heir Apparent
City
Texas
Country
United States
What are your favorite/most intriguing royal mysteries? I'm talking about the big ones like where is Cleopatra, who killed the Prince's in the Tower, who killed Henry Darnley....how the heck was Louis XIV born after all those years? :D

What happened to all the Russian jewels and treasures after the Bolsheviks came into power? I know some turned up, but a lot did not.

Did the twins born to Bothwell and Mary survive, spirited out of the country by a courtier, lady Mar? There are rumors that this happened. Years ago I posted on a site dedicated to Mary, and there was a poster who claimed he was descended from one of the twins. As I recall he had quite a bit of backup evidence. Perhaps the twins survived but their identity was closely guarded because of the disaster that befell their parents. Their guardians may not have wanted them to ever have a public life.

Ludwig of Bavière's death at the lake !!!

Czar Nicholas ll of Rusia and his family death,
King Sebastiao of Portugal's death

What happened to the ducal hat of Liechtenstein??!!!

Last edited:
The man in the iron mask...was he a relative of Louis xiv?

The man in the iron mask...was he a relative of Louis xiv?

I've always been fascinated by that!
It would have had to be someone instantly recognizable, or why the mask?

And in those days, who was instantly recognizable, other than the king?
And why was his identity so secret?

Who killed those poor unfortunate Princes in the Tower.

Who ordered the brutal Massacre of St Bartholomew's Day 1572.

Was Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence Jack the Ripper?

Hasn’t it been established that he had solid alibis for each of the murders, and that the rumours against him are ones that really can’t be substantiated in any way?

The only reason the idea keeps on being supported is because it makes for a good headline, not because it’s actually plausible.

What was the source of Grigori Rasputin's amazing power to heal/relieve the suffering of Tsarevich Alexei, the unfortunate only son of Russia's last Emperor?

People have speculated that it involved hypnosis, but the serious crisis at the Spala Poland hunting lodge-the one that nearly killed Alexei-took place when Rasputin was in disgrace and many thousands of miles away from the child. He could not have hypnotized him.

But the starets reassured Alexandra via telegram that her boy would escape death from his hemophilia attack and sure enough within 24 hours he began to recover.:ohmy:

Last edited:
Were Queen Victoria and John Brown lovers?

I want to know who ordered the murder of the two Princes in the Tower?

Did Henry VIII feel guilt EVER? I am talking about Thomas More, Anne Boleyn and Katharine Howard. Keeping Princess Mary from Catherine of Aragon? Any of it?

Did Henry II say, Who will rid me of this tiresome man...innocently? Or did he know that his knights would kill Beckett?

Did they really swaddle in a baby, or was the Old Pretender REALLY the son of James II and Mary of Modena).

Was Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence Jack the Ripper?

The theory was presented in a biography of his father in 1962 and at the time it was widely disputed. The prince had alibis for all the murders. It was also blamed on syphilis and there was no evidence the prince ever suffered from it.

I would like to know more of the circumstances surrounding the death in an air crash of Prince George, Duke of Kent in 1942, including the trip to Iceland he and the crew were embarking on at the time.

I have always wanted to know what happened to the *Amber Room* in Russia? How does one steal all that amber out of the country and hide it sight unseen for decades now.....and the crown jewels from the French Revolution? They are somewhere yet sight unseen by whom I often wonder.

Some of the royal mysteries that interest me the most:
- The death of Rudolph, Crown Prince of Austria and his mistress Maria Vetsera
- The death of King Sebastian of Portugal
- The tragedy of the Romanov family
- The death of Infante Alfonso of Spain (brother of King Juan Carlos)
- The whole story about the assassination attempt by King Carlos I and Prínce Royal Luís Filipe of Portugal
- The story of Princess Thyra of Denmark's illegitimate daughter

Last edited:
Death from a gunshot of 21-year-old King Rama VIII (Ananda Mahidol) of Thailand in 1946.

The death of the Duke of Kent in a military plane crash in 1942. There's almost certainly more involved that hasn't yet been disclosed.

Smaller mysteries are Albert I of Belgium falling off a cliff, Frederik VIII of Denmark having another demise from a mystery novel (did he really die on that bench? I've asked without getting an answer) and why no one breathes a word about the eight-months child Crown Princess Margareta of Sweden was carrying when she died.

And the birth of Olav of Norway. :) But that's more well-documented than it once was.

I have always wanted to know what happened to the *Amber Room* in Russia? How does one steal all that amber out of the country and hide it sight unseen for decades now.....and the crown jewels from the French Revolution? They are somewhere yet sight unseen by whom I often wonder.

The "Amber room" is in fact made of plates of amber which could be taken from the walls, packed in crates and easily be transported. It is more a kind of wall decoration than a "real" room with furniture etc. Like you call something the "red salon" when the walls of a room are painted red (or covered with red tapestries) and the furniture has equal shades of red to fit in with the walls.

As what happened to these plates? New ones were made and the look of the original room was reproduced, just like it would have been done if the room was destroyed in the war. So it is back where it belongs! While somewhere those crates have been destroyed IMHO, otherwise we would have heard about part of the panels reappearing. And if some billionaire collector bought them secretly, well, then there may be two "amber rooms" by now, but one is in the public eye and the other isn't.

Last edited:
Did Queen Victoria's uncle, Prince Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland murder his valet Joseph Sellis?

Back
Top Bottom