If You Were A Royal?!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have to put my two cents in when it came to signing legislation. Especially if I were the Queen of Florida. You would not believe some of the things that have come up (I really don't know what people are thinking).

Are we talking absolute or constitutional? A sociopathic megalomaniac would probably want to abolish the democratic legislative process. However, the consequence would be a Louis XVI situation - ie a rapid switch to 'unemployed' status. The top priority of a monarch is preservation of his family and the hereditary principle. This means compromising on political decision-making with the democratic system. To court popularity, a monarch would probably want to set up charitable funds in their name, promote charities and the public sector (military, hospitals, schools, universities, etc), hand out honours to "ordinary" representative individuals, support mass sporting activities, etc. Oh hang on, they already do that.

Positive: Life would be more easy and comfortable in financial terms, get the chance to travel a lot and meet a lot of kind of people. (Very positive to know more cultures and be more knowledge).
What i would love if i were a royal, is that i could go to poor countries and help those who live in misery, help families and children!
And your wishes will come true also, for ex for me: i would like to speak japanese (where i live, its hard to find), you will get a tutor right away.

Negative: Your life will be kind of a prison, you have to watch what you say and dress, but one thing that is absolutely bad is the lack of privacy. the press are serial killers, it would be uncomfortable and horrible!
Also if you are a crown prince(ss), you will have so much pressure to produce an heir (and depending on countries, you will have to produce a male heir for those that dont allow females to be heir apparent).
so you will live to please others.

so the negative wins for me, having privacy and rights is the most pleasent thing in the world. what is so good wearing expesive clothes that you cant get a life of your own? so i would never want to be a royal.

I would live in a Palace. Someone else would do my hair, clean my castle and manicure my nails. I would have a person cook who cooked my meals. People would have to listen to me whether they wanted to or not. I would put my two cents in (I would think at the very least a monarch or someone whose heir to the throne would have this right, some doesn't seem to have this right). The political system would be similar to that of the United States. However, I would still retain the right to quash legislation on any level which would require either a 2/3 majority of the state or the congress (depending on who it is) to over rule or over ride.
This would be the positive.

The negative would be people interfering in my life. Telling me I'm too this or too that (with me they would be commenting on my weight). You seldom hear the press comment on male royals weight. I would have no privacy (if I went out on a date everyone would know it). If I went to the hospital, everyone would know it. If I tripped and fell down, there would be a picture for all to see. I would be discussed on talk shows.

I dont know If I would like to be royal. I would love to live in a palace have servents and be able to have people adore me but the royals do have protocol and I dont know if I would want this life :
- attending events you don't want to be at trying to be happy and smile
- always being photographed
- people watch your every move
- trapped in a palace where you can't do much but work
- attend meetings
- you may have servants but your going to get annoyed that you won't be able to do things yourself anymore
- go to parties/ charity events wearing long gowns and heavy crowns and jewelry
- the use of royal etiquette( sit straight, wave a certain way, drink and eat a certain way...)
- look perfect to the people and the rest of the world as the embodiment of elegance and beauty.
- putting up with the people and the government.

If I were a royal, I would be a one peculiar royal, lol...
i'm too hyper to be one. Royals have to be down-to-earth and regal, royal females have to be feminine and i lack feminineness a lot.... i'm not fit to be one.

Last edited:
I'm a Princess, my Aunt was the reigning Queen of Waterman's Front until her passing. She passed her title to me I accepted as Princess.
I have 3 sons (princes) and a princess. I wear tiara's. I love to help others.

Given that so many royals have to have real jobs, these days, I'd probably keep my own - unless of course I was Queen or the Heir Apparent. I feel very blessed and privileged to live as I do, enjoying most days and definitely trying to live with flair.

Of course, given that I live in a nation where, if one is a citizen, one does not have a title in any case, it's moot. I still think Hawaii should secede from the U.S. and join the Commonwealth...;)

If I was a royal that was not deposed or ousted and still reigning.. I would have it made gatorade! I would have breakfast in bed. If the press ever hounded me I would use a helicopter to evade them.I would bring velvet back into fashion.

I would take up several charitable causes, including environmental stewardship/conservation/protection, endangered species protection, autism research, childhood disease research, prevention of human trafficking, science education for girls, etc. etc. I would also try to learn several new languages, including Spanish, French, and Italian. If I could actually take a political stance, I'd push for LGBTQ equality, and much higher taxation of the rich and corporations.

I despise parties, so I don't know how well I'd fare with having to attend gala after gala after gala and look absolutely immaculate for each one.

As for luxuries, I'd probably get a hybrid SUV or sedan with a custom purple paintjob, built-in GPS, and a rockin' speaker system. Clothing-wise, I'd opt for Burberry trenchcoats, Calvin Klein suits, and Rock & Republic jeans.

Oh, indeed. If I were known as a royal (and I suppose that's it's main meaning), I would protect the wolves in Idaho and Montana, which Obama has delisted, I would encourage sustainable small farming practices, Zero Population Growth or Negative Population Growth, birth control - I'd go all out with my beliefs. If somehow I were an American royal, I'd argue for much higher taxation of the Very Rich.

I'd have a person to help dress me if money were no issue, and to keep my clothes in order. I'd hire my daughter to look after my hair and make-up and pay her an exceedingly good wage. I'd have 10-12 dogs and 3 cats.

I'd have an iPad2 (whoops, I already do!) and yes, Burberry trenchcoats (although, where I live right now, I would look very out of place), a sailboat, a Jaguar (old style, restored) and a tiara.

All of this I would use to better the planet!

(I already have a handsome prince - whom I would elevate to King Consort).

i guess this thread should have been what would you do if you were bloody rich... how about helping someone out...

i guess this thread should have been what would you do if you were bloody rich... how about helping someone out...

if that question were to be asked, then you'd have to specify whether the person was born rich or became rich through work...

and it is a difficult question, the answers would make you think how empty are someone's words...

if someone was born rich, whether he/she will help someone else out, it all depends how that person was raised by their family, how influenced by others that person became and all.
if someone became rich through work, it also depends on the person, the way that person's mind developed, in what way it works... some people became millionaires and they're still stingy and think they don't have enough money. They keep working themselves like crazy, praying they will win a lottery, not caring about others, and still they have a round sum of money which they haven't touched, safely located in a bank account.

what i would do if i were filthy rich? i do not know, ask me when i'll be filthy rich, you might get a much more accurate answer than now.

Last edited:
Hummmm...what if I were filthy rich is always a fascinating subject. I wouldn't want to be royal or even well-known, so I could live in Heaven on Earth, where the police are British, the cooks French, the mechanics German, the lovers Italian, and it is all organized and run by the Swiss.

Last edited:
...I would use my influence to make sure that children with special needs (and any children really) get what they need without having to deal with red tape.

When not working (royal duties) I would research every historical archive (to investigate gossips), visit all the castles, palaces, museums, touch every piece of art and open every cupboard to see if i could find a new "old" tiara as Queen Silvia did.

I would have to put my two cents in when it came to signing legislation. Especially if I were the Queen of Florida. You would not believe some of the things that have come up (I really don't know what people are thinking).
I can, I live in Miami....we live in the state with the weirdest people. :lol:

I would want to do a lot like Prince Harry is doing. Setting up a charity that helps the least fortunate children there can be, the orphans of AIDS. HRH Prince Henry (Harry) and HRH Prince Sesiso of Lesotho are amazing men.

Hummmm...what if I were filthy rich is always a fascinating subject. I wouldn't want to be royal or even well-known, so I could live in Heaven on Earth, where the police are British, the cooks French, the mechanics German, the lovers Italian, and it is all organized and run by the Swiss.

Kitty, yours is an amazing world.

While many royals have donated their time and money to various causes/charities, they are still very wealthy at the end of the day. It seems as though this is a 'conflict of interest' to me. Visit an orphanage during the day, then be driven to the airport to board a plane to the south of France to vacation on the Cote d' Azure.
If were royal I would have a villa on an exclusive island resort in the Caribbean, staffed with only good-looking, toned, tanned men who would cater to my every need, and this would be how I would to spend my winters, I have not even begin to state how I would occupy my summers...
Also, I would never say I was living a 'normal' life, as this expression is relative to what one believes is 'normal.' Maybe choosing to turn one, or two, of my 15 palaces into an orphanage, provide for the needs each child, and provide for a well-paid staff in the orphanage.

If I were a Royal, I'd ditch most of the palaces, ditch most of the jewels, and would give the proceeds to charity to help the poor, and would live simply.

I'd stay totally out of politics but would do a lot of charity work.

I would have a personal trainer and chef (they would make sure that I exercised and that I ate healthy).

I would also have someone help me pick out clothing and have my gowns made by the best designers. I would shop at the Mall of Millenia.

I would have a charity that gave to children in need in the United States. Or given money for homes to be built for those who have no homes.

Some of the money I would give away. I don't need a palace or a castle to live in. A nice home in the Winter Park area of Florida would do. Or a fancy home on Peninsula Drive in New Smyrna Beach Florida would do. Or Ponce Inlet. Or Heathrow in Lake Mary Florida. All those are nice places to live.

great answer ... "the lovers Italian" ... :)

I would have a personal trainer and chef (they would make sure that I exercised and that I ate healthy).

I would also have someone help me pick out clothing and have my gowns made by the best designers. I would shop at the Mall of Millenia.

I would have a charity that gave to children in need in the United States. Or given money for homes to be built for those who have no homes.

Some of the money I would give away. I don't need a palace or a castle to live in. A nice home in the Winter Park area of Florida would do. Or a fancy home on Peninsula Drive in New Smyrna Beach Florida would do. Or Ponce Inlet. Or Heathrow in Lake Mary Florida. All those are nice places to live.

I think you've just described Oprah. :lol:

I would not be as famous as the European royals and nobles because I won't be reigning but I would still be head of my own dynastic house.
And help people who are in need give back to the community through
charities and foundations as such.

I would live in a mansion or a castle. I would have a large clothes budget. My favorite part of the job would be travel. I would devote a lot of time to charity, using Princess Di as a role model.
I would hire a good shrink to help me with the stress of public life.

If I were a royal, I'd buy a pretty Georgian house in the country & a Kensington townhouse, both furnished with antiques, glassware, Farrow & Ball wallpaper and Laura Ashley settees. Each house would have a specially built library to house my vast book collections. I'd shop at Selfridges and Harvey Nichols while also wearing high street labels. I'd want to work as a lecturer (if that was possible) at Oxford University. I'd support a lot of charities and causes, giving away a sizeable proportion of my income. I'd also have a gorgeous antique jewellery collection!

I'd live in a beach house as my permanent home and have a home in Washington DC. I'd love to have a large family too with 5 children. Send them to the best schools/universities. Have family gatherings several times a year.

Don't really care much for the clothes & jewelry though.

Heaven on Earth, where the police are British, the cooks French, the mechanics German, the lovers Italian, and it is all organized and run by the Swiss.
Thank you, I once heard this saying, but I couldn´t remember it :flowers::flowers::flowers: I hope it´s ok that I have taken it as my signature? :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Back
Top Bottom