Empress Maria Sophia and the contract in 1858

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kervjacque

Commoner
City
New York City
Country
United States
I was curious as to if there were anyone who, like those in Bavaria who wanted this issue dealt with. Supported Empress Maria Sophia's legal right to her pensions?.

I am referring to the contract that was made after or during the Marriage between the then Princess Marie Sophie of Bavaria with the Duke of Calabria, Francis II of two scilies.

___

The contract states, with agreement with there respective ministers of that time. that the future queen(Empress Maria Sophia) will be entitled to a fixed dowagers pensions that would be payable by the treasury of Naples in the event of her surviving the King, her husband. . . which she did.

___

As someone who enjoys politics, if I am wrong here. Was it not a fundamental obligation by international law that No country should be absolved from the responsibility to fulfil its engagements, regardless of its internal system? With the Two scilies now brought into the Italian Kingdom, this obligation now rested upon the shoulders of the Italian Kingdom.

Was there anyone who was pressing for this contract to be upheld? Bavaria was by this time part of the German empire. Bavaria should now have greater legitimacy in pressuring the then government of that time to encourage Italy to upheld this contract and so was there any success in this regard?

what became of Empress Maria Sophia and this contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom