Stephanie's image (in and outside Monaco )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to think that the conduct of the Grimaldi family was due to Mediterranean influences, laissez-faire attitudes, bad parenting and the like; however, CordeliaFitzgerald's contribution highlights their capability of "adapting to change".

Certainly Stephanie has done a great deal of "adapting". One of the outcomes of this process of adaptation can be seen by her success in establishing the "Maison de vie".

It's not like the other royal families are more pure. They just keep their affairs and illegitimate children better hidden.

Let's focus on Stephanie's image and not that of the House of Grimaldi as a whole.

Can we forget the old bad days of Stephanie and see what she is doing now? She grows up her chidren very well,we never see them apart Pauline who is a very young athlete, they live like others monegasque people,Princess Stephanie has a goal: fighting for the people who are ill of Sida, she is the person we saw the most during the christmas fest,she was with Prince Albert giving gifts to old persons, at the red cross for poor people,she was also at the national fest giving gifts to the poor people. and so, for me she is a really good princess that I like much and her past is no more matter

l completely agree with you, melina....:)Stephanie is a nice and true person!

This thread is about Princess Stephanie's image in and out of Monaco, so unfortunately, there will be some negative as well as positive. I understand that it will be nice to just focus on all that she has done lately, such as her charity work, but she has been a very public person especially in the past where her exploits have been front page news.

Also, there is little media coverage anyway when someone is doing good. Princess Stephanie has been a victim of tabloid media, and these publications know that magazines sell much more when they feature someone of her stature behaving badly. So the general public -- those who are not necessarily members of The Royal Forums or are well-read about royals -- would still rely on what they read about her in the past, and would have outdated views on her, not aware that her wild days are pretty much over.

In France, in Monaco,The media doen't speak any more on the behavior of the old days, when there are news about her that is when she fights for the ill people of Sida, at January when there is ths festival of circus that is a big event or at the end of the years when she visits the ill people the old people and the poor people with her brother. Prince Albert introtroduced her again in the national fest and in the charity events when he became Sovereign, she was officially in her car's brother for the two crownings of the prince.Before the prince rainier's death, we did not see in the national fests now she is here with the family and Prince Albert never forget to suport her sister, it is a good think, she makes a wonderfull work and nobody speaks of her old days apart the persons on internet

Well, this is a discussion forum and the topic and Stephanie'c current and past actions have may have an impact on how Stephanie's image in and out of Monaco. The discussion should follow TRF rules (i.e. no speculation and/or insulting comments).

I don-t critize the discussions of people on this forum nor their critizes but in france and in Europe, media don-t speak anymore about the old Stephanie's image but about what she is doing and there is some stuning about her behaviour now, and it is the true, yes she had a not very good behaviour in the old days but now they forget and say that she is a special princess and Princess Grace will be very pleased to see what she is doing now if she was alive now. It is what monegash friends said me

l am completly agree with you , Melina :)

france and in Europe, media don-t speak anymore about the old Stephanie's image

That is your impression, but judging from TV documentaries, German, English,
Austrian, Spanish or Italian magazines I've bought during the last years untill
today, I must say it's still a theme and will always be as it's her past and still
a fascinating life story with all ups and downs.

Besides that I really can't understand this observation:

melina premiere said:
Before the prince rainier's death, we did not see in the national fests now she is here with the family

Princess Stephanie has regularly participated in various national celebrations,
accompanied her father and had many solo events in those years when Prince
Rainier was still alive, but maybe you've meant it differently.

At the church wedding, Stephanie attended with her children who - like PS herself - were well turned out and well-behaved.

She also managed to show her feelings by shedding some tears - which is more than Caroline did.

All four made the best of impressions.

i really liked how Stephanie and her children presented themselves at the wedding. My 78 years old mother commented on Stephanie: "She was the only one without a hat and I like that she is her own person, she is just Stephanie." ITA.

I too liked - and like - Stephanie. She knows she's had an unconventional life, but there's no point in judging her - that's if there was anything to judge...

Stéphanie, an "Éminence Rose"

I've read in the press a few times (probably Point de Vue), that the Monegasque people have this nickname for Stephanie, and wondered how it translated - clearly, not literally. Is it a play on "Éminence grise"?

Stephanie is more discreet and very different. But the press still speaks of Stephanie like the rebellious princess of the 80s and 90s. Stephanie was never a princess gowns and tiaras. Stephanie has built its own way and personality.

i really liked how Stephanie and her children presented themselves at the wedding. My 78 years old mother commented on Stephanie: "She was the only one without a hat and I like that she is her own person, she is just Stephanie." ITA.

Wearing a hat is always optional and never an obligation. Apart from the hat Princess Stéphanie can submit herself to every convention anyway, as this picture or this picture or this picture show.

I think in all of those pictures she look smart and elegant, completely respectable and appropriate. If she doesn't want to wear a hat then so what, its not like she is turning up in a swim suit.

I think as she has got older she has mellowed out and is more accepting of her her role now she has made it her own.

:previous: I would have to agree, Stephanie certain seems to be living her life by "the rules" these days, if only because I believe she is comfortable in her own skin and is no longer in her sister's shadow.

Back
Top Bottom