Biography of Princess Stephanie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michelle

Heir Presumptive
City
Country
Germany
.Son Altesse Serinisime, la princesse de Monaco

Name: Grimaldi ( Ducruet 1995-1996)

First Name(s) : Stephanie Marie Elisabeth

Born: Monaco, Febuary 1st 1965, 5 p.m.

Godparents: Mr. John Branden Kelly jr.
Elisabeth-Ann, Baronesse de Massy

School Education: Primary - Pensionat Les Dames de Saint-Maur,
École Élémentaire , Monaco/Paris 1969-75

Secondary - Cours Dupanloup ,
Collège, Boulogne - Paris 1975 -79
- Cours Charles de Foucault,
Lycée, Neuilly-sur-Seine - Paris 1979-82

Baccalauréat (A-Levels) : June 1982

Professional Formation : Studys of stylistic Art and fashion / Leraning Periode
Dior Couture Paris - 1983-84

Favourite Sports and talents: Piano and Classical Dance lessons during her priode of school.
Practiced Gymnastics on a high level from 1974 - 79
President of the 'Grand Prix de gymnastique - Ville de Paris'
Other favourd sports:Swimming, Water-Skiing, Ski- Alpin

Princess Stephanie is as well a great fan of soccer and she loves to ride her mountainbike.

Professional Career: Biside her professional formation and studies of stylistic fashion she turned this talent into a profitable business called 'Pool Position' where she designed bathing fashion and soled it successfully.

From 1996 until today she ownes several Businesses of 'REPLAY'

....sorry I'll continue later......my brother swapped me of the pc....

Attachments

• i_1.jpg
    i_1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,635
more...........

- married to Mr. Daniel Robert Jean Ducruet 01.07.1995 - 04.10.1996

--> 2 children :

Louis Robert Paul Ducruet , 26.11.1992
Pauline Grace Maguy Ducruet , 04.05.1994

- relationship with Mr. Jean- Raymond Gottlieb

--> 1 child:

Camille Marie Kelly Grimaldi , 15.07.1998

---> married to Mr. Adans Lopez Peres 12.09.2003 - November 2004

Princess Stephanie is godmother to her nephew Andrea Albert Pierre Casiraghi and a little boy called Mathieu ( son of her friend Virginie )
All 6 nieces and nephews , Andrea, Charlotte Marie Pomeline, Pierre Rainier Stefano, Alexandra Miriam Charlotte ...and yet her step-nephews Ernst jr. and Christian call her "Tama", which is composed out of the french words 'Tante' or 'Tata' ( aunt) and 'marraine' (godmother).
This is one of her nicknames; others are: 'Steph' (well known,all the world calls her that)
'Galinette' ( a name her ex-brother-in-law Alain Ducruet used to call her)
'Petit Poisson' ('ittle fish' , a name her Daddy calls her, still today...and her siblings sometimes do so as well)

Stephanie's hobbies are : All the kinds of sport activities already mentioned, plus ´: camping vacations, strolling around wioth her dogs Magic, Salto and Saxo, playing with the kids, the Circus, reading...she also loves going to the movies or for a drink with her friends.....and she's a very special great fan of music.
This last mentioned passion opened a real career for her, in 1986 she hit anumber one top hit in France with her song 'Irresistible'.

Further more Monaco's youngest princess is involved with important carity-work and oganisations such as 'Le centre de Jeunesse Princesse Stephanie' in Monaco. The 'Croix-Rouge monegasque' and a centre for mental handicaped people called CAPS ( Centre d'Activités Princesse Stephanie)
She also is the President of the 'Festiclown' -Organisation and and Vice-President of the International Circus Festival of Monte Carlo.

Most of her time, beside beeing agreat and affactioned mother, Stephanie puts all her energie into representitive functions for her country. Every day of the week she works in her office in the palce.

Attachments

• 0000349277_020.jpg
    0000349277_020.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 948
Last edited:
...so if you still have any questions...whatever it may be: personal stuff about Stephanie and the family such as....favourite singer, acter, song, movie etc. or abou private anacdotes...just feel free to ask....go ahead!!!

Joey and I would be glad to answer....if we can :) ....

Love, Michelle & Joey ( Sebastian)

Last edited:
Michelle and Joey, thank you so much for the information about Steph...I adore getting to know little things about the Grimaldis! Could you tell us something more? You choose the member of the family and the subject!
Thanks in advance...Kisses :rolleyes:

About Albert:

His nicknames are :" Albie", as you already found out,....
...and "Bèbert"...this name is because his baby-sister Stephanie wasn't able to pronounce "Albert" when she was very little and always said "Bèbert, tu vient jouer?"....

And ...about Louis:

His nickname is "Loulou"! Steph and Daniel call him this...and anyone else.
He will change from Elemetary to Secondary school next summer....So he's already mommy's big-boy...
He's a crazy fan of soccer...and his fav team is, guess, AS Monaco...his fav player: Marcelo Gallardo....
He loves pop - music and disney-movies...and Karate....

and he loves the ocean :)

Attachments

• Ducruet_kids_in_St_1__1_._Tropez.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 296
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Galiesto!

I dunno if Steph likes cats or not. I mean, she loves all animals....so I guess she likes cats but she doesn't have one.
Her dogs names are Magic, Salto, Saxo .....

...and boxer Hagler.....

.....with magic.....

Attachments

• 0000323295_014.jpg
    0000323295_014.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 610
  • 0000323295_002.jpg
    0000323295_002.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 592
Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly enough, Stephanie comes across as being far less whiney than Caroline. In fact she comes across as being far nicer. Hmm...

As the youngest child of a luminescent screen goddess and the sovereign of a glamorous Mediterranean principality, Stephanie of Monaco seemed to be blessed with all the makings of a storybook princess. However, as she weathered the tragic loss of her mother in her teens, struggled to find her career niche and left behind a series of failed relationships – all the time watched by the world's media – it became clear Stephanie's life was anything but a fairy tale.

Born on February 1, 1965, Princess Stephanie spent her early years growing up in the Palais de Monaco, dreaming of studying fashion design. Then, in 1982, her life suddenly changed when her mother was killed as the two travelled on a winding mountain road in Monaco. "Not only did I go through the horrible trauma of losing my mother at a very young age, but I was beside her at the moment of the accident," she said in 2002, after a 20-year silence about the tragedy. "Nobody can imagine how much I've suffered, and still suffer."

And it was in the years following the crash that Stephanie, who these days sports at least three tattoos, began to earn a reputation as a royal rebel. "I realised how lucky I was to have life," she said later. "I had my arms open to the future and I said to myself, 'This could be all over tomorrow.' Nobody has really tried to understand me or my behaviour, which just reflected my decision to enjoy life to the full."
For Stephanie, enjoying life "to the full" involved embracing a glamorous lifestyle and dating a string of high profile men as she tried her hand at modelling, fashion design and pop singing. "I'm quite happy to perform my official duties," she said as she launched an eponymous perfume in 1989. "But on the other hand, I've always wanted to be independent and to have my own career." Acknowledging she had "tried everything", she added: "I've had an unusual career path for a princess."

And she seemed to approach her love life with the same enthusiasm. By the time she was in her mid-20s, she had left behind a series of colourful beaus – including race car driver Paul Belmondo, a twice-divorced disco owner, a record producer and Hollywood star Rob Lowe – as well as a broken engagement with a French real estate developer. Then, in 1991, she courted controversy when she began dating her former bodyguard Daniel Ducruet, whose ex-girlfriend was six months pregnant with his child.

The romance was not well-received by Prince Rainier, and the rift between them further deepened in May 1992 when the princess announced she was expecting. (Baby Louis was born later that year.) However, soon after the birth of the couple's second child, Pauline, in 1994, father and daughter were reconciled, and Daniel and Stephanie married the following year.

Thrilled with motherhood – "Being a mother is the only true meaning in my life. It's everything," she said – Stephanie wasn't so lucky in love. Eighteen months into their marriage, the couple divorced after Daniel was photographed in a compromising situation with Miss Nude Belgium.

Three years later, Stephanie's independent streak landed her in the headlines once again, when she announced she was expecting her third child out of wedlock. Camille Marie Kelly was brought into the world on July 15, 1998; the baby's father was a mystery, though reports named him as bodyguard Jean-Raymond Gottlieb.

Never one for convention, Stephanie surprised few when in 2001, aged 36, she enjoyed a romantic liaison with married elephant trainer Franco Knie and moved, along with her three children, into a Swiss caravan to live the circus life. However, that relationship came to an end in 2002, and Stephanie and her little ones returned to the Monegasgue fold. She found love a bit closer to home with her next romance, a short-lived relationship with palace employee Richard Lucas.

Despite the unusual decisions she's made in her life – she was said to have been banned from the principality's 2002 traditional Red Cross Ball due to her relationship with Richard –Stephanie doesn't feel she's the black sheep of the Grimaldi clan. "I don't see myself as a rebel… but of course it all depends on what you consider normal," she says. "The most important thing is to feel happy with what you yourself decided."
So in the end, perhaps Stephanie would not have been satisfied had her life been nothing but a fairy tale. "Though I may be a princess," she points out, "above all I'm a human being."

Attachments

• StephanieBalcony.jpg
    StephanieBalcony.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 616
Seems to me that Caroline is doing what she has to do (and seems resentful about it) while Stephanie is doing what she wants to do. However Stephanie seems recently to be looking quite old for her age. Too much partying????? I do like looking at pictures of them though. They are so gorgeous. Uhmmm life is so unfair. ;)

Yep, I would agree, sourpuss. Caroline does what she has to and resents it. Stephanie does what she wants to and admits to being a free-spirit.

I agree that Stephanie looks years older than her actual age. Caroline has recently begun to look as though her days of partying, smoking and sunning are catching up with her. Both sisters are still very attractive, imho. :)

Hi galisteo, :)

Grace was once supposedly to have said: "my youngest will be the most interesting of all my children (something like that)". If she did indeed say that she was absolutely right. Stephanie seems to have developed a strong sense of self and I think, married men aside, she's got both feet on the ground. ;)

Ok, for girly talk....isn't her outfit darling?? :D

Hi Julia and Galisteo.

Stephanie's outfit is lovely and her hair complements the entire ensemble. That is a great photo of her.

I think that Princess Grace definitely knew her children very well. She once called Stephanie, her "wild child" :lol: ;) when Stephanie was much younger. I can't say that I disagree. :)

Steph and fam havin' a barbecue...one of Stephanie's fav passions...hanging around....

Attachments

• Grillparty_bei_Steph.JPG
    Grillparty_bei_Steph.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 3,554
Some more little stuff on Stephsnie :

For example...she wanted to get involved with the movies like her mom...she said when she ws in her 20s : "I don't see myself playing a role like Sissi but I'd prefer to play something like a cop-girl in Miami Vice...."

About her feelings towards her country and family after her moms death: " I adore my country and I want to give a lot. My mom and dad made up a certain image for Monaco. If one talks about Monaco today this is just because of them, they did a great job. I respect them so much and that why we, my sister, my brother and me we have to defend that image. The future of Monaco is us. Since my mommy's death Caroline is Monaco's First Lady. And everyone of us has his or her own little responsability. I'd say we're kind of like a soccer team, everyone has a particular place on the field..."

Steph and one of her great passions...: SOCCER !!!

Attachments

• Louis__Maman_et_Virginie.jpg
    Louis__Maman_et_Virginie.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,757
I met her many years ago and she was very kind and it is only towards the
photographers and outsiders she is very protective of her family.

Hi...thanx for sharing this story..and comment..
Where did you meet her?

Michelle

Steph's favs :

Favorite Soccer -team: AS Monaco FC

Movie: Has always been 'Bodyguard' (surprise, surprise...hehe) dunno if it's still the case , James Bond 007, and all of her mom's movies for sure

Music: Sting, Police, Elton John, Beatles, Earth, Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson ( who she made a duet with) etc. Likes hardly everything but Heavy Metal

Food: Italien stuff and salad

Word: 'Chouchou' ( Honey, Darling, Cutie)

Book: Hmmm....I dunno.....

Colour: Blue

Animal: Loves dogs and daulphins ....and frogs ( collects little frog - figures)

Clothes: Jeans.....and whatever goes with it

Drink: Orange Juice, Soda, Coke, Beer, Coffee, sometimes wine

Does Stephanie read the newspaper? Yes , ahe's very interested in social, cultural, political and world news

Does she read mags? Sometimes yes, she has to know what the world thinks

Fav TV- show: 'Qui veut gagner les millions' ( popular quiz-show all over Europe), 'Ally McBeal ' and stuff like that

Fav subject at school was : English, History and Geography

Does Stephanie speak Spanish? Hey thats a question I'd like to know the answer of. ...Hmm, maybe a bit....

Favourite free-time-activity: Shopping through the supermarket, beeing with her kids, swimming, kissing Adans..hehehe...etc.

....hmm...okay...any more questions like that???? Go ahead.....ask...

For those who understand french.
Stephanie at some meeting ....about Aids prevention:

http://www.palais.mc/wwwpal.nsf/(NewsActu)/c4c9bc6ba10ac48cc1256ec3004a5e64?OpenDocument

Met Steph beside some TV- show shoting in Paris:

A lil' interview:

Do you like to watch TV ?

Steph: Yap, sure.

What?

S: Hmmm, soccer if I don't go to the stadium, quiz shows , movies.

Do you drink beer while watching sccer?

S: Sometimes yes ( smiles)

Do you still collect frog-figures?

S: Yes, have thousands ...

When did you start?

S: When I was 14.

What do you like to do in the evening?

S: Cooking, having dinner with the kids, reading, sleeping .....

What do you cook?

S: Everything ...the kids love Lasagne

Do you go to McDonald's ?

S: Sure....I'm fond of it ....sometimes.

Can you play soccer yourself?

S: Not very good but I l it. I play with the kids and I used to play with Albert and my nephews.

What job would you have liked to do if you weren't a princess?

S: I always wanted to be a veterinarian.

What do you do when you're alone in the house?

S: I turn the music to the highest volume...then I sing and dance ....( laughs) ...or I sleep....or I work....

Do you wash your clothes yourself?

S: Sometimes yes.....depends on whats on the agenda for me.

Do you remeber me beeing a kid?

S: Sure...and sometimes I think you didn't change ....(laughes again)

Thank you, Steph

S: Merci à toi aussi, ma chouchoute ....

Typical ... that she still calls you 'Chouchoute'
Remember she did that when you were a little girl. Hmmm, I guess she calls eveyone this way :)
That McDonald's - theory : Why does she say 'sometimes'? I know she loves it like I do, hehehe.

If Princess Stephanie likes McDonalds, she needs to come to California and try In-N-Out Burger. Or better, In-N-Out needs to open one in Monte Carlo. I'd never had one before two years ago, despite the company being in Southern California since the 1940s. They are the BEST burgers and very cheap, too. And very, very fresh. Blows McDonalds away. When you have an In-N-Out craving, nothing else will do. I drive about 15 miles to get one! :) Their chocolate shakes are divine, too, as are their fries. There are, like, five things on the menu and that's it. It's superb. Anyone on this board ever had one?

Wow...cool...think we should tell Steph right away....

In 1990 Canadian singer Roch Voisine released a song dedicated to Stephanie.

Here are the lyrics:

Les jardins de St. Martin ( Princesse)

Princesse, ton château
Coiffé d'un drapeau
Si beau, si haut
Trop souvent t'embête
Et te blesse sans cesse
Quand tous ces gens qui parlent trop
T'arrachent à ton sommeil
Font fuir ton cheval blanc
Obscur ton ciel
Et dans ton miroir
Y déposent un brouillard
Si dense
Princesse, toi tu pars

Dans ton grand jardin
De Saint-Martin
La nuit tu planes pour oublier
Ceux qui accourent
Toujours sans s'annoncer
Dans ton grand jardin
My Princess stands for all to see
The way she lives
Her way to be

Princesse, tous ces matelots
Transportés par le vent
Sur ton îlot
Tour à tour t'entraînent
Sur les vagues d'un rêve
d'enfant gâtée qui prend son temps
Qui joue à la marelle
Qui oublie son passé
Qui tire de l'aile
Quand dans ton miroir
Tu déposes un brouillard
Qui danse
Princesse, quelque part

Dans ton grand jardin
De Saint-Martin
La nuit tu planes pour oublier
Ceux qui accourent
Toujours sans s'annoncer
Dans ton grand jardin
You know the way you long to be
Strong and gracious
Wild and free

There´s a song in Brazil (it´s called : Olhar 43-Look 43) that is like this:

Stephanie de Mônaco,
Aqui estou, inteiro ao seu dispor!
That means..:

Stephanie of Monaco,
Here I am, all to you!

Words of Stephanie, in 1991:

( This is a very cute interview that Christophe Dechavanne made with Stephanie when she was 26 years old)

CD: Your profession - is it singer or princess?

S: Singer. Princess is not a profession it's something that you are, a state. For me, being a singer means being able to share.

CD: you wrote a song for your mother. You were very close?

S: Yes, she was my best friend , a wonderful woman. I know she'd proud of me today.

CD: I've read that , when you were little you were always standing on the diving board at your pool, singing. Did you dream of singing on stage for a big crowd?

S: Yeah I was dreaming about that.

CD: And now you gonna jump?

S: Yes I really would love to.

CD: What are you going to do if your new album won't be as succsessful you wish?

S: I'll run to the recordimg studio and make a new one.

CD: Canadian singer Roch Voisine dedicated a love song to you. How do you take that?

S: That's so nice, really really sweet. I'm flattered.

CD: Have you met him?

S: No never

CD: A singer who declares his love for you in public. You don't want to meet him?

S: Maybe yes, but I don't want to help another story to find its way.

CD: What would be the most beautiful compliment that could be made to you?

S: If someone told me his honest opinion and respect me.

CD: Are you afraid of fans?

S: No but I fear crowded situation that can become dangerous for everyboy.

CD: That's why you have bodyguards?

S. Yes

CD: That doesn't bother you?

S: One gets used to it.

CD: The 'Daily Express' made a list of all your lovers...it was long?!

S: 90% of it is false. They always invent stories. I once asked my dad why people always tell those stories about Caroline and me, he said: ' If you were ugly and unatracktive noone would invent lovers. ' So I think I have to see the positive things.

CD: Ah...ok. So they never really invented really bad things?

S: Oh yes they did. After my mothers death they said that I killed her. Saying that about a 17 year old lil' girl that's really hard. And then they say that everything, but the metro, has already had the chance to go over me ( means had sex with her) ...well if that's not a bad thing to say I don't know.

CD: So you are well aware of these rumours?

S: Oh yes and there was a time when it really hurt me but now I think the best thing to do is to ignore this. They don't deserve beeing recognized at all.

CD: If you read all those stories written about you, do you feel like the write less about your sister?

S: No, my sister had to take a huge part of bad and cheap stories herself as well.

CD: Is Caroline a role model for you?

S: She's my sister, I adore her but we're too different, very different so it's difficult to say that she's my role model. But I admire her so much. She has sufferd a lot.

CD: Would you like to have children, and if yes, how many?

S: Three or four. I hope I find enough time ( smiles)

CD: And for the first one - do you have a time limit?

S: No not really but I don't wanna be too late.

CD: Do you feel ready to have a child?

S: Yes

CD: Do you want me to make..... you being a mommy (grin)

S: (grin) Well, no, not right away....

CD: Could you imagine to have kids without beeing married?

S: Hmm...that's difficult but nowadays that is very frequent so...for me I could have a child if I live with the baby's father.

CD: What would your father say?

S: I think he'd be fine with it.

to be continued ....

Last edited:
Great michelle, i love it! Steph want her children have a father, and although she is divorsed i think that Daniel and G.... (i don´t remember his name, sorry) are good father, worst it´s no have one, no?
Well thanks again!

This interviewer seems to be a funny guy.
He dares to ask Stephanie if she wants him to make her pregnat?! Haha :)
She's very spontanouas with her replys - it would be great if you continue to post the rest of the interview soon.
Thank you very much.

I just love that girl. She has always been our sweet little princess here in Monaco.

2nd part of the interview - 1991

CD: Are ther things you would like to say sorry for?

S: Yes, I haven't always been ver, very nice towards my family and friends.
I believe that everyone at age 18 feels like leaving home, creating his own life, beeing free. And people want to do this on there own without parents and family. And it's true that this was how I felt like. When I was very little already I had a lot of things that I wanted to do...and I'm pigheaded...when I have an idea .....wow...I can tell you....I go for it.

CD: Where do you feel best? In Paris, Los Angeles, Monaco? Do you feel at home somewhere?

S: Certainly in Monaco. Here I feel good. There was a time when I found Monaco was too small and not very exciting, especially in winter. Today, I love to be there. I spend the winter in Monaco.

C.D: : Do you have friends in Paris?

S: No, I have friends in Los Angeles and in Monaco. Don't have friends in Paris anymore :-(

C.D: Are you jalous?

S: No, in general I'm not. But it happens that I get jalous about a long married couple who is together for all their life. I know I'd like to be like them at their age.

C.D: Do you think that such a relationship is still possible these days?

S: I hope so...it's just beautiful ....but I think it's more difficult because people don't believe in it anymore or they don't want to.

C.D: Have you ever tried to imagine yourself at the age of 50 ?

S: Yeah...even though I'm not one of those making long term projects.

C.D: But you make long term projects with your music.

S: Yes, but I don't want to imagine myself at 50 physicly, because I'm at my 100% now and that traces.

C.D: You're magnificant your highness....My I ask you about your age?

S: I'm 26 years old.

C.D: Are you afraid of aging?

S: No, not at all.

C.D: And that your body ages?

S: Well, that's why I take care of it . I do gym and sit ups and if I have time I do sum jogging.

C.D: What are your hobbies, your highness?

S: Sleeping. I sleep a lot.I play golf and I take care of my dogs. If I have one day off then I hang out at home in my pyjamas or I spend my time with Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre.

C.D: Do you go to the movies between golf sessions and siestas?

S: Not very much. I watch the films on video. ...but most of the time I take care of my two nephews and my little niece.

C.D: What profession did you want to have when you where little?

S: First I wanted to become a veterinerian doc. and later I wanted to be a clown at a circus....and finally I wanted to become a fashion designer...and that's what I did.

C.D: You are a champ in drawing?

S: No, not really...I'm not capable of drawing some nature with trees and flowers....

C.D: But you know how to draw and design a dress?

S:Yes, the fashion design stuff I like a lot. After I had passed my A-levels I studied at some fashion school in Paris.

C.D: Do you have a mentioning ( mention - french grade addition for school grading) with your bac ( A-levels) ?

S. Yes, mention assez bien ( fairly good, good enough)

C.D: Bravo. What's the first thing you do in the morning?

S: I stretch my limbs.

C.D: The second thing?

S: I go and make pipi.

C.D: Until here everything's normal ....the last thing you do before you go to bed?

S: If I don't fall asleep before I switch of the TV.

C.D: How do people call you? Do they call you Your Highness?

S: It depends...in Monaco they call me Your Highness ( Altesse).
and otherwise people call me Mademoiselle ( Miss)

C.D: Tell me, Mademoiselle - did you ever happen to drink to forget?

S: Yes, I think that happens to us all.

C.D: You're right.Do you have a certain phobeía?

S: Yes, I fear the panic. For example being in a cinema or Restaurant when there's fire.

C.D: What do you like the most about yourself?

S: My sense of humor I guess...and my eyes.

C.D: And the least?

S: I don't like my hands and feet.

C.D: What do you wish for?

S: Many, many , many wonderful things.

C.D: I wish you the best.

S: Thank you. Me too, sir.

Last edited:
Thanks for this inteview.
She is stil my one and only 'princess of sweetness'

Back
Top Bottom