The Wit and Humour of Prince Philip

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How did Coutt's become the royal bank of choice over the Bank of England? Was it due to crisis years ago? It just seems to me the the B of E would be the bank of choice for the royals.

The Bank of England is rather like your Federal Reserve, one doesn't open personal bank accounts with a nations central bank which controls a nations monetary policy and sets interest rates.

Yes, but I think at one point, they depended on each other. For some reason they parted ways. I am sure there is an interesting story there.

Osipi said:
Them two [Philip and Anne] know each other methinks.

In the movie "Bertie and Elizabeth" when Princess Elizabeth gets engaged, King George and Queen Elizabeth are having a conversation, and George says "Seems unbelievable. Only yesterday she was my little girl, and now somebody wants to take her away from us."

I bet Philip was like that when Anne got engaged.

In the movie "Bertie and Elizabeth" when Princess Elizabeth gets engaged, King George and Queen Elizabeth are having a conversation, and George says "Seems unbelievable. Only yesterday she was my little girl, and now somebody wants to take her away from us."

I bet Philip was like that when Anne got engaged.

My favorite quip from Philip about Anne is "If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested." That's priceless. :D

Osipi said:
My favorite quip from Philip about Anne is "If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested." That's priceless. :D

In other words, a horse. That's just hilarious! His darling girl really does have a horse face!

In other words, a horse. That's just hilarious! His darling girl really does have a horse face!

I really think Philip was referring to her love of horses and riding though. :D

Well, I think he captured his daughter's love for horses and riding rather well here. This man does have a way with words. It's not always pleasant, but almost always spot on.

Well, I think he captured his daughter's love for horses and riding rather well here. This man does have a way with words. It's not always pleasant, but almost always spot on.
That he does, and that gem is one of my all-time favorites!:lol:

Ok this one is pretty cool. I love historical rivalries. and they did murder half his family

It does make a lot of sense, him not wanting to go. He is the one they had to use to identify the remains of the skeletons they found and to sort out if the impostors claims were true or false.

"Anyone concerned about their dignity would be well advised to stay away from horses.":lol:

Looking at Ethiopian art-
"It looks like the sort of thing that my daughter would bring home from school art lessons."

"It looks like the sort of thing that my daughter would bring home from school art lessons."

This is my sentiment when I'm looking at modern art. Reminds me of the stuff my pre-K kids come up when finger painting.

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal Prince #Philip to nurse at Luton hospital y'day: "The Philippines must be half-empty - you're all here running the NHS." #awkward

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal Prince #Philip to nurse at Luton hospital y'day: "The Philippines must be half-empty - you're all here running the NHS." #awkward

Thats a classic statement!

Awkward? Nope, legendary! :lol:

That pretty much sums it up. Philip doesn't mince his words, so when he says something, it may not always be pretty, but it will be spot on. I have a feeling this was another case of such. I do give the man credit for saying what he thinks, political correctness be darned :D.

Both quotes are classic Philip; he's one man who I'd love to have a conversation with. :ROFLMAO:

I love how he doesn't seem to care if people find his comments racist (or classist or nationalist or what not). If he thinks it's funny, he'll say it. You have to have a certain sense of humour to find it funny, but it's kind of like a fresh glass of water in this PC world that we live in.

Wow at all the people finding this comment funny. It's racist and a sh.tty thing to say. The only reason he gets a pass is because he's white and old.

http://www.baztrad.com/gaffes.htm
He should just stop talking altogether. He doesn't seem to have any respect for different cultures. The people finding this funny should engage in some re-thinking.

Last edited:
I dont think it is racist or sh:ty at all. A visit to pretty much any NHS hospital would reveal the truth in his comments.

Last edited:
That's fine but look at the link I posted. He's been saying dumb stuff for far too long.

Wow at all the people finding this comment funny. It's racist and a sh.tty thing to say. The only reason he gets a pass is because he's white and old.

http://www.baztrad.com/gaffes.htm
He should just stop talking altogether. He doesn't seem to have any respect for different cultures. The people finding this funny should engage in some re-thinking.
Prince Philip is from a generation before all this PC rubbish.

That's fine but look at the link I posted. He's been saying dumb stuff for far too long.

I did, although I had read them all before. Funny then, funny now. No re-thinking required. Not PC but still funny.

Then we can agree to disagree. I find the stuff that comes out of his mouth to be offensive and racist.

Both quotes are classic Philip; he's one man who I'd love to have a conversation with. :ROFLMAO:
I so agree with you. How much fun would that be to sit and have tea with Prince Phillip. Although it will never happen to me, sounds like a load of fun.

Back
Top Bottom