The Wit and Humour of Prince Philip

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite is still the Rev Spooner who once spoke to a former student and asked "Was it you or your brother who died in the war?"
How boring without Prince Philip.

:previous:

The story with the designer and the beard. I can't help myself but I had to crack up if I imagined it. I love Philips humour.

That video is so cute! The reaction of the lady broadcaster after she realized Philip was standing there is priceless! :lol:

Oh how wonderful, that videos priceless. Thank you for putting it up. :flowers:

Priceless video...I wonder what could the broadcaster have thought!

That's great fun. Thanks so much for putting it up, LadiEncore.

He's a scamp!:ROFLMAO:

I loved that video, thank you so much for posting it, LadiEncore! :flowers:
The reporter’s reaction when she saw Prince Philip was just priceless! :ROFLMAO:

Love it! Love it! Love it! Philip has a great sense of humour. And he's so energetic for his age. :flowers:

I just showed the video to my husband, who said, "There's a man who's comfortable in his own skin."

Last edited:
yes, she also makes the video so cute by jumping when seeing Philip.
I also think that the main reason he stopped is because he has an eye for pretty women, he might have ignored a male journalist :flowers:

I loved that video, thank you so much for posting it, LadiEncore! :flowers:
The reporter’s reaction when she saw Prince Philip was just priceless! :ROFLMAO:

:previous: Going on his record you could be right. Then again, the temptation to just "hang around" and wait to see her reaction is vintage Philip. :D

I bet is now in his own personal collection of "Gottcha!!" :lol: :ROFLMAO:

what does he say? I can not hear it.

(amusing the question of elizabeth of they have had breakfast, if I hear that right)

In looks and in what he says, Prince Philip reminds me so much of my own father. At age 90, dad finds it even more unneccesary to use his "mental filters" and our family lore is rich with dad's "pronouncements" and "observations". While they might not be often politically correct, I don't think they are ever meant to be hurtful and I wouldn't call them "gaffes". Neither the Prince nor my father are bothered by criticism of their style, hence they continue to speak their mind, to the delight of almost everyone. Prince Philip has such a genuine personality and I adore him, just as I do my dad.

I don't think that in this instance he meant anything, the press is harping on about his past not pc remarks. Obama met the PM, Cameron, Russians and Chinese...... in other words many people and Philip asked if he could tell them apart (so early in the morning, perhaps jetlagged).

:previous: It seems to me that Politically Correct humbug has infiltrated all streams of life. Along came the PC whingers and everyone is supposed to get a humourectomy? I don't think so.

From his reaction to being used as a political tool;
BeatrixFan said:
In 1967, he was asked to go to Russia to improve diplomatic relations with Britain and the USSR. He said, "Are you bloody mad? The bastards murdered half my family."
I am so glad he wasn't "gobsmacked" but sent a stinging zinger to the hapless thick-head that was gormless enough to inform him of his proposed upcoming service to Queen and Country!

Then to;
BeatrixFan said:
On being introduced to the chairman of Britain's Channel 4, HRH said, "So YOU'RE responsible for the kind of crap channel 4 produces."
How many ordinary, everday, men-in-the-street would have given their eye teeth to deliver that wee zinger! I know I would.

I look forward to hearing many, many more such witicisms . And the PC brigade can all go get an voctarectomy!

I LOVE Prince Philip! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for posting the link, susan alicia - it made my day! :flowers:

lol gotta love him! is the whole interview on Youtube I Belive I Read it was??

:ROFLMAO:Sometimes I think HRH is mad, other times I think he is pointing out the obivous that everyone else has missed.:confused:

The Duke has more common sense in his little finger than most have in their entire bodies. Mad - no, but he has a wicked sense of humour and finds it hard to believe that others have none!:D

:previous: Couldn't have said it better myself! With the advent of the Politically Correct Society whereupon nobody is responsible for anything and, if it's not broke it's obviously not PC, the trade-off was Common Sense which was already on the endangered list. :bang:

Thus he can both rightly and righteously rant and rail against the creation of totally incomprehesive gibberish and be labeled either bad or mad for speaking the truth. Yes boys and girls, the truth really is out there! :doh:

I think that the Prince Philip is the embodiment of the little boy pointing and yelling out that the Emperor is wearing no clothes. Only his position as the Queen's husband has protected him from being "taken into protective custody" by the welfare state and shipped to Sunnydale Farm for re-education and medication! :censored:

Just an aside . . . . has anyone had the mindblowing misfortune to actually encounter somebody with absolutely no sense of humour whatsoever, zip, zero, nada? If they are just "worthy" that's sad but ok. But if they are a pious, pompous, pontificating pratt, well . . . . . what sport there is to be had. :devil2:

The interview with Prince Philip as just sooo good, he's an absolute marvel, and I love him for it

Prince Philip has put his foot in it again by joking about the name Patel.

It happened at a 400-strong Buckingham Palace reception for British Indians.

As guests lined up to meet him and the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, 88, looked at the name badge of businessman Atul Patel and said: "There's a lot of your family in tonight."

Read more: Prince's Patel joke gaffe at reception for British Indians | Mail Online

A spokesman for Mr Patel, who heads housing agency the LHA-Asra group, confirmed the conversation took place, but said the 47-year-old executive took it as a joke. The spokesman added: "Absolutely no offence was taken at all by Atul. It was taken in a very light-hearted way."
Patel is a common Indian name, with an estimated 670,000 Patels living in Britain.

Back
Top Bottom