The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: June 3, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me it looks like all the royals are having fun. They seem like they are smiling frequently IMO. Philip especially looks like he's having a ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least HM found use for the throne: she's using the top as an armrest!

I have not complained that the Queen is looking miserable. I only said that I have managed to miss most of her smiles, unfortunately. That doesn't mean however that she hasn't looked happy. Of course it is impossible to smile constantly and I have seen her smile occasionally. I only wished BBC coverage would've included all those lovely moments when Her Majesty smiled and giggled. Of course it is entirely possible that I was doing something else at the moment and missed it.

I wish the coverage would go on for many more hours! This has all been fantastic. :)

Well, at least HM found use for the throne: she's using the top as an armrest!
She isn't going to use it as a chair, that's for certain.
After all this rain, it's probably soaked through and sitting on it would have disastrous consequences.

I give both HM and Philip credit for remaining on their feet all these hours, but I know they're accustomed to it. And being unable to now use those soggy thrones has given them added incentive! What a shame the weather didn't cooperate for the festivities; it's pouring rain now.

I just can't get over how Philip looks for a man of 91. He still cuts a dashing figure in his uniform.

Kellydofc said:
To me it looks like all the royals are having fun. They seem like they are smiling frequently IMO. Philip especially looks like he's having a ball.

Yup!, Prince Philip is really enjoying this as well - he just keeps waving and grinning!. Must be the former navy sailor in him shining through! :)

I like the fact they are out there and it looks like most families the big difference is most families would not have stayed out this long so I say Bravo. I must say after seeing the "thrones" it does show that I share my feelings of taste with Her Majasty I would not have taken a seat either. I send applause and Love to her and I must say most people would not expect to see her there at this time with rain pouring along with her family, so I along with the people who are seeing her live am truly in awe!!!!!!!!!!

Yup!, Prince Philip is really enjoying this as well - he just keeps waving and grinning!. Must be the former navy sailor in him shining through! :)
I was thinking that he must be just itching to be sailing one of those boats.

They're saying on BBC America that the planes and helicopters have been cancelled because of the weather.

Hi, I haven't posted much lately but I lurk from time to time. I just had to stop in and say I'm really enjoying the Jubilee pageant. The queen looks great! Pity the weather isn't better.

Does anyone know where to get livestreaming with commentary? I'm watching the Guardians live feed and while the camerawork is extraordinary I'm wishing I could hear some commentary to make sense of it all.

The BBC is streaming.

Baroness of Books said:
I just can't get over how Philip looks for a man of 91. He still cuts a dashing figure in his uniform.

I just can't get over his impeccable posture. Straight as an arrow! Wish mine was as good!

The Funny thing is that the two who seem to have the most stamina is the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen.

Such a shame if the cloud cover means no fly past.

BBC is now saying the Philharmonic Orchestra is almost up to the review point.

Did anyone else notice that the Duchess of Cambridge has draped that tartan scarf around her neck?

BBC live stream is not working outside the UK (at least, it doesn't in Armenia), but you can still get it in the link below. :)
tvpc.com - BBC 1

Well done and being apart of this here in the states I say it has been a wow moment for me God Save The Queen.

Does anyone know who the lady in white is who was talking to Kate?

And thanks for that link, EIIR, since BBC TV wasn't working for me.:flowers:

Yeah! What a wonderful event this was. Totally worth the lack of sleep.

Nice maneuvering on that boat! And Camilla looks ready to do a jig along with the music.:lol:

Last edited:
Didn't see William and Kate but the Queen looked radiant in white. I enjoyed seeing her and Camilla together on the barge.

The only thing more impressive than the flotilla is the stamina of QEII and the DofE! No one does pageantry better than the British --- and in a dreadful downpour.

Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry can't keep still with the hornpipe playing! :D

Love the entire Royal family bopping along to the music. Hands down best moment of the day!

Back
Top Bottom