The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: June 3, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And weren't there anti-monarchists present as well protesting? From what I read, they were enthusiastically and vociferously shouted down by the majority of celebrants there for the Queen.

And weren't there anti-monarchists present as well protesting? From what I read, they were enthusiastically and vociferously shouted down by the majority of celebrants there for the Queen.

The police are saying 1.2 million people lined the banks of the Thames to see the Queen. Republic's protest attracted 1,000 people; which says it all really. Although Republic are already trying to spin the low turnout by accusing the police of not letting protestors get into the protest zone.

Kataryn said:
He so enjoyed it! I guess HM will have to listen to his impressions of the Pageant for months on end....:flowers: Makes one realise just how much he gave up for her, the Queen of his heart.

Not just HM - all the royal family will be hearing Prince Philip's thought on the pagent!! LOL
Yes, it's moments like this you realize how much his navy career must have meant to him, and what a sacrifice he made for the woman he loves.

FINALLY downloaded the Armed Forces Tribute at Windsor! Love the pomp and ceremony - you can never have enough, I say!!

Just wanted to say how much I as a German enjoyed the flottila of the Dunkirk little boats. They not only helped the "good" side to keep their strength, so that in the end they could free us from the dictatorship, but they helped avoid a lot of murders commited by German soldiers (who did not all willingly went to war!) on demand of their commanders.

Thank the Lord that things like this happen even in the most gruelsome of situations. :flowers:

Well I can count myself as one of the 1 million who lined the Thames! We were there from 8 am until almost 5pm! It was wet and cold but totally worth it! The boats were amazing to see and the royal barge was out of this world! Unfortunately we couldn't see the Queen as she was on the wrong side from us but we could see William, Kate and Harry waving! Also saw the Princess Royal and the Duke of York.

crm2317 said:
Well I can count myself as one of the 1 million who lined the Thames! We were there from 8 am until almost 5pm! It was wet and cold but totally worth it! The boats were amazing to see and the royal barge was out of this world! Unfortunately we couldn't see the Queen as she was on the wrong side from us but we could see William, Kate and Harry waving! Also saw the Princess Royal and the Duke of York.

Lucky!!! Sounds like you had a really lovely and unforgetable time!

our coverage cut off too early grr I missed the whole finale!!! Yay! found it on BBC!

Let's hope nobody gets pneumonia!
Everyone on the river looked frozen!

So I know that they said they were aiming to make the boats go into a diamond shape but did they manage? My coverage was weird kept cutting off the BBC feed and using their own cams.

The Thames Pageant was truly an amazing thing to watch and as it was said several times during the coverage (I watched BBCA), no amount of rain or wind could do anything to dampen the spirits of the British people as they paid homage to a very much beloved monarch. Even my husband, Mr. Remote, watched intently the entire pageant with me. One thing the both of us did was admire the strength and stamina of HM and the Duke throughout the entire pageant. Hubby was totally surprised at how and elderly couple of 86 and almost 91 could stand for that extended period of time. He actually seemed to keep a close watch over her as the day progressed.

All of the royal family really did seem to be genuinely enjoying themselves but I have to feel that towards the end when the rain really started coming down relentlessly, that they all did get a bit damp and chilled to the bone and were seriously in need of a hot toddy or two. I just hope no one caught a cold today.

BBCA"s coverage was excellent in my book. It was pretty informative as the pageant progressed and I especially liked the "Horrible History" in 2 minutes part about the history along the Thames. It was amazing to see the Queen's face light up when she saw the War Horse and there was something so majestic about the raising of the London Bridge.

Let's hope for much better weather for tomorrow night's concert which sounds like it will be as exceptional as today's Thames Pageant. Now I need a nap. Woke up way early this morning to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I delayed my early morning food shopping to watch this Thames spectacle, and it was worth every minute of it!

And sorry if this has been asked before, but is it a bank holiday Monday in the UK?

Last edited:
I had CBC and CNN..I don't have BBC Canada sadly CBC was ok but they kept cutting off way too much in my book but CNN was just way worse all it did was show tons of pics though they did stay on long enough to show most of the finale though their audio was terrible couldn't even hear them singing. I do hope someone uploads the full BBC version, I'd like to burn it onto dvd. It was pretty cool again would have been better if my coverage was better/

And sorry if this has been asked before, but is it a bank holiday Monday in the UK?

Not yet, ;) but it will be in 3 hours. We have an extra bank holiday on Tuesday 5th, tomorrow will be our regular Spring Bank holiday.

The police are saying 1.2 million people lined the banks of the Thames to see the Queen. Republic's protest attracted 1,000 people; which says it all really. Although Republic are already trying to spin the low turnout by accusing the police of not letting protestors get into the protest zone.

This definitely shows the nation's views on the monarchy and the republican opposition. I'm glad the true spirit of UK shone through for Her Majesty. It's time to celebrate, not protest and create chaos.

You're very lucky. It's wonderful that you were able to witness this live. I can only imagine the atmosphere. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the pageant in its' entirety, due to horridly slow Internet, so it was the highlights posted on this thread that gave me a little bit of what went on. What a spectacle! The organizers definitely outdid themselves, and it was obvious that Her Majesty and the rest of the Family enjoyed it immensely.

I don't see it posted already so this article has photographs of most of the royals - including Lady Louise and Viscount Severn

There seems to be no photographs or mention of Prince Edward at all - did he actually attend today does anyone know? I know he was meant to be on the boat with the Countess, Prince Andrew and the York girls, but there's no pics at all.

There is a cute image of Beatrice hugging Louise on newscom.com but i am on my phone and can't link it. Also an image of James with Sophie. Louise's dress had union jacks on it!

Edward did attend, there are images of him on newscom.com

Last edited:
There is a cute image of Beatrice hugging Louise on newscom.com but i am on my phone and can't link it. Also an image of James with Sophie. Louise's dress had union jacks on it!

Here we go, it proves they did attend the pageant.
Louise & Beatrice,

There seems to be no photographs or mention of Prince Edward at all - did he actually attend today does anyone know? I know he was meant to be on the boat with the Countess, Prince Andrew and the York girls, but there's no pics at all.

Edward 1, , Brothers, Looking at the huge balcony picture.

Last edited:

I think you mean this picture; really very sweet. :)
Prince Edward was on the same barge as Sophie and Boris Johnson.

yess CBC just reaired the finale and I just got it on tape thank god! now I'm happy. Off to lunch now!

Thank you for the information! I'm so glad Louise and James were able to participate, at least in some form.

I think you mean this picture; really very sweet. :)
Prince Edward was on the same barge as Sophie and Boris Johnson.

Aww :wub:. I love Louise's hair ribbon. Hopefully better pictures will emerge at some point.

Ghost, before you run, is there any link where this is re-aired, do you know? Thanks.

Ghost, before you run, where can you rewatch the day's events, do you know? Thanks.

I'd like to know the answer to that too. I wasn't able to watch any of this (accept the highlights video someone posted on the previous page), and I'd love to see as much of it as I possibly can.

Very cute picture of Beatrice and Louise!! :)

Downloading the BBC HD coverage!! - the coverage probably started about a half hour before my PVR started recording :( , so I'm glad to have this!.

I just hadn't realised they weren't posted here.

They have, a few pages back and on the previous page various posters linked the DM article which has those pictures in. But with the thread getting longer and longer by the second it's hard to dredge through it all to find one picture. :)

Back
Top Bottom