The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: June 3, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can somebody please post the schedule in CEST? Oh, and if you know a online broadcaster, that would of course be lovely!
Thanks.

Because I`m heading to bed shortly I`m just gonna add what I know. The boats are supposed to be in place at 12 noon but doesn`t start till 2pm. It is currently 10am GMT in the UK. Ok goodnight everyone I will see you all after the pageant is over!

Can somebody please post the schedule in CEST? Oh, and if you know a online broadcaster, that would of course be lovely!
Thanks.
I have mentioned the online broadcasters in brackets. It`s CNN.com, BBC One with the tvpc link I have provided in my post with the timings a few posts above, And I have heard also CBS.com will be streaming the CEST times are if you watch the BBC and CBS streams is 3:30pm CEST. Same if you watch CBC stream(if there is one) but I dunno if people outside of Canada can stream.

If you watch the CNN stream: 5:00pm CEST. I beleive the url is cnn.com/live

Last update:
https://twitter.com/#!/victoriaarbiter
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter The gates to Battersea Park are now open to cheering revelers. Now the mad dash for the best spot!

Ok now off to bed for real this time!

Good morning everybody.

I am very much now excited for this today.

I just knew, when last weekend was so hot and sunny, that this weekend would be wet. Oh well, a bit of rain's never stopped us Brits before (except at the cricket and Wimbledon).

I have a pretty cool 'problem' on my hands - the Olympic flame is about 10 miles from me today. So, do I go and see that or stick with the Thames pageant?

I plan on watching it all afternoon on BBC News,its also raining quite heavy across the pond in Ireland.

Go see the Olympic flame, EIIR, and record the pagent. You can always watch it again and they will be rening re-runs for couple of days till we are sick of it, but one doesn't get to see the Olympic flame live. :)

I think you're right, Charlotte. I'm still in my jammies though, so it'll be a matter of whether I can rouse myself to actually go!

Just seen Charles and Camilla out and about in Piccadilly! Camilla had a lovely Burberry-style raincoat on.

The build up is on BBC News and Sky News. Here's a couple of links for those who are interested:

Sky News - http://blog.livenewschat.tv/breaking/

BBC News - http://blog.livenewschat.tv/uk-news/

Last edited:
Charles and Camilla have dropped in unexpectedly on a street party in Piccadilly. The revellers weren't expecting them and a huge cheer went up when they appeared. Everyone thrilled to be able to see them on the big day.

Some wonderful pictures of the rowing boats mustering on the Thames. I've seen some huge Canadian flags flying from the vessels, as well as the flag of the Irish Republic.

Last edited:
Camilla looked very impressed by that Cake.

The boat Her Majesty will be riding on looks absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
"We will win this campaign," Republic's Graham Smith tells supporters. "No you bloody won't," says a woman passing by in red, white and blue.

Ah ah brillant !!

7326815372_11fdbb1e8e_z.jpg

Camilla really wanted some of that cake.

Last edited:
What a wonderful photo!

:previous:

According to BBC, about 1 million people (!!!) line the banks of the river, waiting for the Pageant to start - the biggest one for over 350 years.

What time do they expect the Queen?
The pageant starts at 2:30pm GMT, which means about 3:30pm in the Netherlands. The Queen will be on the Royal Barge, along with the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry.

According to BBC, the sheer size of the flotilla is so huge, that if you stand still, it will take the ships over an hour to pass before you.

I'm so glad to see people from so many races, ages and nationalities in the enormous crowds today. This is truly an event that's bringing people from so many traditions and backgrounds together.

We've seen coverage of Jubilee parties in Tuvalu in the Pacific, in Pakistan, in Bermuda, the south of France and Denmark among others. As usual the Aussies, Canadians, Kiwis, Americans and even the French are out in numbers at today's event.

The Cambridges and Harry are due to arrive in 15 minutes, followed by the Queen and DoE 5 minutes later. The BBC coverage is well underway on BBC1.

According to BBC, about 1 million people (!!!) line the banks of the river, waiting for the Pageant to start - the biggest one for over 350 years.

Wow that really is impressive,I'm delighted to see such a turn out for Her Majesty and the Royal Family .

According to BBC, here is the timetable for the events (all times in GMT):
2:05pm - Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry arrive at Cadogan Pier.
2:05pm - The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall arrive at Chelsea Pier

2:10pm - The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive at Chelsea Pier and join the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
2:15pm - The Queen, the Duke of of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall board Launch and travel to Cadogan Pier, where they join the Cambridges and Harry.
2:30pm - The Queen, the Duke of of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Cambridges and Prince Harry board the Royal Barge.
2:45pm - Royal Belfry starts proceedings
3:00pm - Royal Barge joins Diamond Jubilee Thames Pageant.

Wow that really is impressive,I'm delighted to see such a turn out for Her Majesty and the Royal Family .
And that despite the somewhat unfortunate weather (mild summer rain).

Prince Charles and Camilla make surprise visit to lunch outside Fortnum & Mason on Piccadilly
Prince Charles and Camilla made a surprise appearance at a street party today ahead of the Jubilee flotilla. Braving the rain this morning, the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall dropped in on thrilled revellers at what must be Britain's poshest street party - a banquet for 500 along Piccadilly in London. The world famous Ritz hotel, the Wolseley restaurant and Fortnum & Mason, the Queen's official grocers, provided the majestic backdrop for the revelry, which saw tables bedecked in red, white and blue set up along the central London street.

A lot of pictures and a video at the end of the article. :)

Kate's in bright red!

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall just arrived at Chelsea Pier. They are currently talking to the Chelsea Pensioners.
The cheers are pretty deafening. The Duchess is wearing a lovely cream ensemble.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry arrive at Cadogan Pier.
Kate is wearing a bright red ensemble and looks beautiful.

Kate wearing post box red with a hat. Hair is half up. She looks great, as does Camilla!

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and at another site the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have arrived. Kate in Bright red.

Kate seems to be wearing a brooch which we should be able to see very clearly.

Back
Top Bottom