The Queen's Dogs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m so sorry to hear that. It’s always difficult losing a pet, but especially now.

Really sad news : in her situation now it must be devastating.

Its sad, but devastating is losing her husband after 70 years.

Any death whether it be two legged or four legged loved ones takes a piece of our hearts with them when they go. The Queen has always had a close connection with her dogs and most likely, to her, it's like losing a family member. Not quite on the scale of losing a husband of 70 years but saddening just the same.

The timing is awful and I can think of few things that would upset the Queen more. She had the puppies to comfort her about Philip. What does she have to comfort her from this?

I hope she'll get some peace and attention from her human family.

This news makes me so sad. My beloved 15 year old tortoise shell cat Eartha Kitty was euthanized April 10th after a brief battle with cancer. I have cried almost daily since.

Where would we be without our pets? But it's so heartbreaking to lose them.:sad:

What a sad and terrible news of the passing of Fergus, who is only five months old (dorgi puppy), especially not long after the death of Her Majesty's beloved husband. :sad: :cry:

Candy (dorgi) and Muick (corgi puppy) just lost their dog companion.

That's so sad. I wonder what he died from at such a young age?

It was not mentioned, but sometimes it is as it is. I never owned dogs, but mice and some reached the proud age of 2 years and some died at the ge of 2 or 3 months without any indication why.

I read an article which stated Fergus died of a heart defect he was born with. Apparently The Duke of York has brought her another corgi puppy. I hope this one will be ok.
I hope he/she will be a wonderful companion for Her Majesty.

I read an article which stated Fergus died of a heart defect he was born with. Apparently The Duke of York has brought her another corgi puppy. I hope this one will be ok.
I hope he/she will be a wonderful companion for Her Majesty.

Thank you for sharing this info :)

I read, that he gave her a new puppy, too, and that it was a gift not only from him but also from his daughters.

It's really hard to imagine the Queen without her dogs. They've been such a huge part of her life since she was a small child. Dogs and horses.

That was sweet of the Yorks to give HM another doggo to fill up the hole in the heart that I'm sure Fergus left. When we lose one of our furbabies, the hole never really completely heals but heart is big enough to take in and love *any* furbaby that comes along.

I can't imagine my life without a doggo in it. Each one is unique with their own personalities but we never stop missing the ones that we've lost.

It's really hard to imagine the Queen without her dogs. They've been such a huge part of her life since she was a small child. Dogs and horses.

That was sweet of the Yorks to give HM another doggo to fill up the hole in the heart that I'm sure Fergus left. When we lose one of our furbabies, the hole never really completely heals but heart is big enough to take in and love *any* furbaby that comes along.

I can't imagine my life without a doggo in it. Each one is unique with their own personalities but we never stop missing the ones that we've lost.

I miss all my furbabies who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. You're right, we do have large enough hearts for more furbabies. I can't imagine not having a furbaby and wonder what my life will be like when I'm HM age, will I even be able to live on my own or will I be in a home without a furbaby.

I haven’t posted in the forums in forever as I stepped away, mostly been reading this past week.
Is it true that Candy passed away a coffee days before The Queen? I’ve seen it posted by some outlets but can’t really locate anything substantial.

I haven’t posted in the forums in forever as I stepped away, mostly been reading this past week.
Is it true that Candy passed away a coffee days before The Queen? I’ve seen it posted by some outlets but can’t really locate anything substantial.

The Mirror reported it here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/queens-final-heartbreak-longest-surviving-28014103.amp

I think it’s probably reliable as a story, even though the tabloids aren’t always super reliable. Otherwise, she’d have been out with the other dogs today.

It seems she passed away earlier this summer. Which must have left The Queen heartbroken. Her last link to Susan and all those dogs that went before.

You know at 96 with Philip gone, the dog dies, so many friends gone and a summer of joy seeing all the family part of me just thinks she thought it the right time to just slip away.

We've heard about Muick and Sandy being taken by Andrew and Sarah, but what about Lissy the cocker spaniel?

We've heard about Muick and Sandy being taken by Andrew and Sarah, but what about Lissy the cocker spaniel?

Probably gone to Andrew too. Although a cocker spaniel may be easier to refine with other members of the family. The irony was that the others didn't really like corgis and much preferred russels and spaniels and labs etc.

It's just that everyone keeps mentioning Andrew has "the corgis" specifically and then we didn't see Lissy today, either. It doesn't seem to be well-known the Queen had her.

It's just that everyone keeps mentioning Andrew has "the corgis" specifically and then we didn't see Lissy today, either. It doesn't seem to be well-known the Queen had her.

Lissy is a working gun dog who lives with her trainer. The Queen owned her but it wasn’t the same relationship

Probably gone to Andrew too. Although a cocker spaniel may be easier to refine with other members of the family. The irony was that the others didn't really like corgis and much preferred russels and spaniels and labs etc.

It is ironic. The family loves dogs, but weren’t big fans of the corgis. The corgis are absolutely adorable. I loved seeing them today. Fitting.

It is ironic. The family loves dogs, but weren’t big fans of the corgis. The corgis are absolutely adorable. I loved seeing them today. Fitting.

Corgis are adorable but they can get very temperamental and yappy, and their herding instincts make them easy nippers, and then the Queen kept a pack of them. She was a dog whisperer and loved them to pieces, but I'm not surprised if the rest of the family likes other breeds.

Corgis are adorable but they can get very temperamental and yappy, and their herding instincts make them easy nippers, and then the Queen kept a pack of them. She was a dog whisperer and loved them to pieces, but I'm not surprised if the rest of the family likes other breeds.

She had 11 at one time, I heard an animal psychologist when worked with them on the radio, and the flight like anything plus back then they didn't have tails so weren't easy to separate.

Corgis are gorgeous but energetic and you are right are right for being farm dogs.

We've lost them too. The fun of the Corgis were inseparable from her. Another great story that will be told about her.

Back
Top Bottom