The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2018, 12:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla loves the races so maybe the racehorses go to Charles for Camilla to take over the role of the Queen.

After that - who knows?

Pretty much everything will go to Charles to avoid death duties. Why not pass things officially to him and so keep the money in the family even if someone else does the day to day running of those areas that are of interest to the Queen.

Charles may not enjoy the races as much as his mother but he does attend a few times a year and seems to enjoy being there. He also knows that he will be inheriting a family tradition going back centuries - to Queen Anne at least.

William I can see selling the horses but Charles will preserve that aspect of his inheritance - probably with Camilla and Anne heavily involved.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

I forgot about Zara and Mike with the race horse..just didn't think they were that serious about it. I thought he sold his shares?

LaRae

Old 04-18-2018, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

The latest I can find is that he is in a syndicate which buys weanlings and sells them as yearlings. They started with the 'joke' buy at the auction some years ago and have moved into this area.

I suspect the idea that he has 'sold his shares' is that he sells the horses his syndicate buys. As of January this year, on the Gold Coast, he was definitely still in the syndicate but said that as it is a 'three year syndicate' they will decide 'next year' whether to continue depending on 'profit and loss'.

Magic Millions: Mike Tindall kickstarts 2018 sales
Old 04-18-2018, 12:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ah ok that makes sense..I now remember reading about the 'next year based on profit/loss if he continued'.

LaRae
Old 04-18-2018, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
What a life these doggies had - and what a handful they were for the poor staff - https://youtu.be/eibmWvy02Z0
I likely am taking my life in my hands voicing this opinion, but those dogs are not (were not) well trained from what I observe. The two stories of dogs 'packing' and bringing down another dog are ghastly and an indication of a problem. (I assume those dogs that 'packed' got put down, or should have been, and that's always sad). So surprised that after so many decades of dog ownership there wasn't good training in force. Learn something new every day. Yikes!
Old 04-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Majesty

We only hear about inheritance after the fact. Even then, we don't get all the details. Horses are not dogs. Off topic.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm wondering who will inherit all her horses....

LaRae
The Royal Stud has been in existence for well over 200 years - even longer if you count those established by Henry VIII. Charles II was heavily involved in breeding, as was Edward VII and even George V. George III's son The Duke of Cumberland bred the great Eclipse, one of the foundation sires of today's Thoroughbred, and his stable was incorporated into that era's Royal Stud. Today's Royal Stud will pass with the rest of Her Majesty's estate in its entirety to her successor.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Willow, the last of the Queen's doggy dynasty

The rituals that reveal just how much the Queen loved her corgis | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Having two kittens myself who have very much become part of the family, I completely sympathise with HM and agree with those who have said that a pet passing away can have the same affect as a human loved one's passing. Willow seemed to live a long, and probably happy, life.

I wonder if HM will have any more dogs after Willow or if she was her last.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-20-2018, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Having two kittens myself who have very much become part of the family, I completely sympathise with HM and agree with those who have said that a pet passing away can have the same affect as a human loved one's passing. Willow seemed to live a long, and probably happy, life.

I wonder if HM will have any more dogs after Willow or if she was her last.
Willow will be her last corgi, I believe she has said she wont take in any more at her age.

But she isn't alone, she still has her dorgis. Vulcan and Candy are still with her. They can be seen in the photo of the queen with her dogs in the birthday photos she did last year out on the steps.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Willow will be her last corgi, I believe she has said she wont take in any more at her age.

But she isn't alone, she still has her dorgis. Vulcan and Candy are still with her. They can be seen in the photo of the queen with her dogs in the birthday photos she did last year out on the steps.
She also has Whisper, a corgi that belonged to her late Sandringham gameskeeper who she recently adopted.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

According to Noblesse & Royautes, Whisper, the last of HM's corgis, sadly passed away at the age of 12 today. Whisper was adopted in 2016 and was previously owned by a former member of the Sandringham staff and often accompanied HM on walks:

Décès du corgi Whisper - Noblesse & Royautés

Old 10-26-2018, 06:56 PM
Majesty

That is so sad but does she have any dorgies left? Somehow I cannot see HM without any dogs walking with her at Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree...I simply cannot imagine HM walking without ANY of her beloved pets beside her. They are such a great comfort to her, and she would be very lonely without them in her life.

So sad about Whisper.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-26-2018, 11:52 PM
Majesty

Oh no! Poor Whisper. The Queen must be very upset. The death of a much-loved pet is always awful.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Whisper's passing has got to have left a huge empty spot not only in the Queen's castles but also in her heart. The loss of a beloved pet is very similar to losing a close family member and is felt very deeply.

I, too, cannot picture the Queen without her faithful companions. They've been such a huge part of her very long life.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
That is so sad but does she have any dorgies left? Somehow I cannot see HM without any dogs walking with her at Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral.
Her dorgis Vulcan and Candy are still alive IIRC.

Tags
corgis, dachshunds, elizabeth ii, labradors, queen elizabeth ii