The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul Harrison @skynewsroyal:#royal #duke of edinburgh has been taken to hospital with suspected bladder infection

Paul Harrison @skynewsroyal:#royal Duke of Edinburgh is "disappointed to be missing concert"

Paul Harrison @skynewsroyal:#royal duke of edinburgh is at the King Edward 7th hospital in Windsor - precautionary

Royal Newbie said:
Paul Harrison @skynewsroyal:#royal #duke of edinburgh has been taken to hospital with suspected bladder infection

Paul Harrison @skynewsroyal:#royal Duke of Edinburgh is "disappointed to be missing concert"

Paul Harrison @skynewsroyal:#royal duke of edinburgh is at the King Edward 7th hospital in Windsor - precautionary

This is awful news! :(

Oh, no. I wonder if he'll be able to attend the service at St. Paul's? Sending him good thoughts and wishes ... he has been a fabulous consort and this anniversary is as much for him and for her. :(

The Telegraph is reporting that the DoE will be hospitalized for "several days" and will miss the rest of the Jubilee celebrations. Sad!

This is sad, but I do hope Philip will recover quickly. At his age, and atop his heart condition, every precaution has to be taken.

Oh, no. I wonder if he'll be able to attend the service at St. Paul's? Sending him good thoughts and wishes ... he has been a fabulous consort and this anniversary is as much for him and for her. :(

He won't be. According to the Buckingham Palace representative. he'll miss all the Diamond Jubilee events: "Prince Philip will remain in hospital under observation for a few days. He is, understandably, disappointed about missing this evening’s Diamond Jubilee Concert and tomorrow’s engagements.”
The Queen and other members of the royal family are still expected to attend them though, including the Concert tonight.

Wishing Prince Philip a speedy recovery; his presence is always missed during all events.

Bladder infections can lead to some serious problems in seniors if not taken care of. Sensible to manage him in hospital where they can keep on top of his treatment till it is cleared up. Shame he will not be beside HM for the rest of the Jubilee festivities. Hope he doesn't give his nurses too hard a time!! LOL

Last edited:
Morning all(or should I say evening all!) excited for the concert that's starting soon!

Once again, Philip is missing out on celebrations due to health concerns as he did at Christmas. Even though the Jubilee festivities are even more significant, he's better safe than sorry by remaining in the hospital. But I can just imagine how much he must be grousing at that!

I hope Prince Philip gets better soon. It's very disappointing that he won't be able to celebrate the Jubilee with the rest of the Family, but his health is important. I'm sure he's not happy about this particular development. Will be sending positive thoughts his way for a very speedy recovery.

I find it interesting that CNN is talking about broadcasting tomorrows events "live" starting at 9 AM EDT while the CBC will begin the live broadcast at from 4:30 to 11:00 AM EDT. Presumably the American networks will be cutting a lot out or will be using tape and pretending it is live.

:previous:They may be trying to position it so that American viewers don't have to get stay up all night to watch it. Still, it's not the brightest idea when there are some of us who have cable tv with BBC America.

The small group - the Queen, the next King & his consort, the next next King & his consort + plus Harry because every balcony need a bit of ginger : ) - allow the focus to be on the Queen. I notice the Charles & his family did not wave very often, letting the Queen do most of the waving.

I just loved the three cheers to HM and have watched it repeatedly; it was very exciting and so well-executed by the soldiers raising their bearskins with the crowd roaring back its accolade. And it was sweet to see her touch her hand to her hat brim in acknowledgement. I don't think I've ever seen a smile so wide or so bright; this was one of the biggest highlights of the Jubilee for me.

Last edited:
Diamond Jubilee Pictures

If anyone would like to see the pictures I took over the weekend of the Jubilee feel free to add me on Facebook under "Graeme Eddolls". I've got plenty of pictures (some absolute crackers) of the Sunday/Monday/Tuesday events!
Here's a teaser

Attachments

• IMG_5805.jpg
    IMG_5805.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_5610.jpg
    IMG_5610.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 274
I added you, can't wait to see your pictures.

Wonderful pictures, thanks so much.

Still adding more. Just added Monday's and Tuesday will be up soon.

I've included some information with some of the pictures but if you'd like to know more please feel free to ask. All 4 days are now uploaded, enjoy!

Just sent you a 'friend' request on facebook. Really looking forward to seeing your pictures from the Jubilee. How close were you able to get in order get such a great shot of the balcony appearance?

I was half way between the Victoria Monument and the palace and slightly to the left. I didn't want to get too close because the railings would be in the way!

sent you a friend request too. can't wait to see the pics :)

I was half way between the Victoria Monument and the palace and slightly to the left. I didn't want to get too close because the railings would be in the way!

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Looks like you had a blast :D.

Sent you one too least I'm hoping it's you haha I always get nervous with friend requests, I'm always scared I've got the wrong person

Back
Top Bottom