The Queen's Churchgoing Habits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently, the Queen will be attending services at Crathie Kirk when she goes to Balmoral, but will probably be wearing a mask. I'm not quite sure why "the Queen will probably wear a mask to church" needs to be in the news, but, hey, maybe pictures of Her Majesty wearing a mask will make people realise that masks are for everyone's safety.

I dont think she's been seen wearing one, so Its probably because of that that i t is a news item

I'd imagine there would only be small numbers of worshipers at Crathie Kirk ,here in Ireland its restricted to under 100.

Apparently, the Queen will be attending services at Crathie Kirk when she goes to Balmoral, but will probably be wearing a mask. I'm not quite sure why "the Queen will probably wear a mask to church" needs to be in the news, but, hey, maybe pictures of Her Majesty wearing a mask will make people realise that masks are for everyone's safety.

Maybe one of her beautiful headscarves, which of course she wears instead of a riding hat, could be re-fashioned into a 3-layer mask??

Does Balmoral have a private chapel where the Queen could worship? I don't find it safe for her to be with a congregation given the current situation.

Only 30 people max are allowed at services at the moment, and have to be well apart, so hopefully it'll be OK.

It's only what the media re saying: it might not even be accurate! I'm sure she won't go if it's considered at all unsafe. I assume Balmoral must have a chapel.

I've never heard of a private castle chapel at Balmoral.

Does Balmoral have a private chapel where the Queen could worship? I don't find it safe for her to be with a congregation given the current situation.

No. Craithie Church it the only church for Balmoral. Due to the closeness of the church the decision was made to not built a chapel in the castle when Prince Albert designed Balmoral Castle.

It is the same at Sandringham - the nearest church is St Mary Magdelene with no private chapel in the House.

When doing some research there is mention of a chapel being added at Osbourne after Albert died but no mention of any chapel being added at Balmoral or Sandringham.

Maybe one of her beautiful headscarves, which of course she wears instead of a riding hat, could be re-fashioned into a 3-layer mask??

I doubt the queen would transform one of her gorgeous scarves into a mask.

Certainly her staff who handles her wardrobe can purchase one, or can use some other material on hand. Could take a page from Camilla (though hers seemed to have been a gift to her) and wear a mask that raises money for a local charity during these times. Something for her staff to consider.

But I expect if we do see her in a mask it will be made by her dress maker.

With only 30 people allowed there isn't much risk. And it isn't like the queen would be sitting and moving among the congregation anyways.

They will just be extra careful about sanitizing the area she sits in. And not have her accepting flowers and such outside the chapel for now. Control the flow of people in and out of the church for her safety.

No. Craithie Church it the only church for Balmoral. Due to the closeness of the church the decision was made to not built a chapel in the castle when Prince Albert designed Balmoral Castle.

It is the same at Sandringham - the nearest church is St Mary Magdelene with no private chapel in the House.

When doing some research there is mention of a chapel being added at Osbourne after Albert died but no mention of any chapel being added at Balmoral or Sandringham.

There is no chapel at Holyrood either.

Back
Top Bottom