The Queen, the Royal Family and the Commonwealth

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prime minister of St Vincent and the Grenadines plans to organize a referendum - if the opposition agrees - in which the citizens will be asked whether they want to keep queen Elizabeth as head of state or want a local ceremonial head of state. The previous referendum 12 years ago resulted in a vote to keep the current form of government (55%).

See royalblog (in Dutch)

I do feel so sorry for mothers who children resemble their fathers so strongly. In any family - not just the Wessex's.

I do feel so sorry for mothers who children resemble their fathers so strongly. In any family - not just the Wessex's.

Are you saying this as a negative thing? I don’t think it’s negative and I also don’t think James looks solely like his dad. Louise is the image of her dad but James is definitely not.

James looks very tanned next to Louise in the photos. Louise clearly has the English rose skin.

Are you saying this as a negative thing? I don’t think it’s negative and I also don’t think James looks solely like his dad. Louise is the image of her dad but James is definitely not.

James looks very tanned next to Louise in the photos. Louise clearly has the English rose skin.

nope - not negative in the least. Just a comment. OT as well. I suppose you always hope your own children resemble you - dont want to loose the genetic game and all. But then you see a family and you wonder if the husband just cloned his kids. And you think poor mom.
Yep - not solely like Edward but more Windsor with every passing day. I am amazed that Louise's hair hasnt darkened to auburn yet. Only person the family that remained blond was the DOE.
And before people laugh at me - Sophie is not a natural blond. But it suits her.

nope - not negative in the least. Just a comment. OT as well. I suppose you always hope your own children resemble you - dont want to loose the genetic game and all. But then you see a family and you wonder if the husband just cloned his kids. And you think poor mom.
Yep - not solely like Edward but more Windsor with every passing day. I am amazed that Louise's hair hasnt darkened to auburn yet. Only person the family that remained blond was the DOE.
And before people laugh at me - Sophie is not a natural blond. But it suits her.

Zara is completely blond…as in white almost. Peters girls too look to be staying blond. Lady Margarita is blond too.

Louise looks like her grandmother.

James looks like William a lot.

It's lovely to see Charlotte there. George got to go to the Wimbledon final, so it's nice to see Charlotte getting a treat this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

I delighted to resemble my dad, and so is my mum, so no need for you to lose any sleep over it thank you very much indeed!!

It's lovely to see Charlotte there. George got to go to the Wimbledon final, so it's nice to see Charlotte getting a treat this time.

It is.

Both kids looked like they had fun at their respective sporting events.

Charlotte is adorable. Nice to see her for a change. Not that it isn't great seeing George. :)

A sports journalist for The Times, Mathew Syed, has shared how he was using the loo on the train to the Games while his son waited in the vestibule outside.

He could hear much laughter and chat between his son and a woman.

He got a shock when he finished and came out to find that the woman was Kate … waiting her turn, and without bodyguards about her.

Last edited:
Its great to see Princess Charlotte and the Wessex children being involved in the Games.

I don't think Louise would like to be called a child. She is 18 and thus an adult. She is awaiting her A level results so she has finished school and presumably will be going to after the summer holidays.

The Earl of Wessex watched the women's synchronised 10m platform diving final on day nine of the Commonwealth Games at Sandwell Aquatics Centre in Birmingham today, August 6:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

I don't think Louise would like to be called a child. She is 18 and thus an adult. She is awaiting her A level results so she has finished school and presumably will be going to after the summer holidays.

But "child" has multiple definitions - it may denote a minor, but alternately it can denote a daughter or son. Louise and James will always be the children of the Wessex couple. In fact, it is technically in this sense of being daughter and son of the Wessexes that they are the Wessex children, since they themselves have never been "of Wessex".

So, Catherine traveled by train and William and Catherine by helicopter?

I would imagine that she never returned to Norfolk from Plymouth the day before. So she stayed wherever overnight and William and Charlotte came from Amner.

The Earl of Wessex watched several competitions of the Commonwealth Games including hockey and cricket today, August 7:

** gettyimages gallery **

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the Commonwealth Games and they put on a wonderful ceremony and games in Birmingham.

The 2026 games will be held in the State of Victoria, Australia.

Given the current Morrison scandal involving the GG who secretly appointed the prime minister to be an additional minister of 3 different ministries (without even those ministers themselves knowing - if I understand it correctly), would there be any repercussions for the GG? Is there anything the Queen can do given that the GG represents her and I would hope that she would not agree with the secrecy of it all (and wouldn't have participated in such a scam herself).

I'm seeing lots of #Morrisongate but also quite a few #FiretheGG and #GGResign posts, some of them including a call to become a Republic or references that because the GG is her representative, the Queen is also complicit (even though they acknowledge that she most likely wasn't informed).

Last edited:
Given the current Morrison scandal involving the GG who secretly appointed the prime minister to be an additional minister of 3 different ministries (without even those ministers themselves knowing - if I understand it correctly), would there be any repercussions for the GG? Is there anything the Queen can do given that the GG represents her and I would hope that she would not agree with the secrecy of it all (and wouldn't have participated in such a scam herself).

I'm seeing lots of #Morrisongate but also quite a few #FiretheGG posts, some of them including a call to become a Republic or references that because the GG is her representative, the Queen is also complicit (even though they acknowledge that she most likely wasn't informed).

As you can see below (Section 64 of the Constitution of Australia), the power to appoint Ministers of State belongs to the Governor-General. He doesn't consult the Queen, nor does he need the Queen's approval to do that. The notion that the Queen is "complicit" in an action in which she is not constitutionally involved makes no sense.

Section 64 [Ministers of State]
(1) The Governor-General may appoint officers to administer such departments of State of the Commonwealth as the Governor-General in Council may establish.
(2) Such officers shall hold office during the pleasure of the Governor-General. They shall be members of the Federal Executive Council, and shall be the Queen's Ministers of State for the Commonwealth.
(3) After the first general election, no Minister of State shall hold office for a longer period than three months unless he is or becomes a senator or a member of the House of Representatives.

You can find the new thread about King Charles III, the Royal Family and the Commonwealth here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom