The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Supposedly but itís rarely ever actually seen. Catherine was at the Remembrance concert without William and she kept her precedence.

If we assume a blood princess outranks a wife and William wasnít there today Catherine, as future Queen would be stuck in back middle row.

But I havenít seen it applied to Camilla or Catherine. They both seem to retain their precedence.
Precedence is precedence until the Queen decides there will be an exception. Which she has seems to do a bit more as the family has grown/grown up. This has all been discussed on that thread.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

This evening, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke of Cambridge are attending the #CommonwealthReception at Marlborough House in London.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/C...=hashtag_click
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalFami...82733698043905

Old 03-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Highlights from todays Service @Westminster Abbey.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's all speculation
If I had a dollar for every speculative remark due to a facial expression, hand gesture, posture, etc.. In all honesty I believe I've seen them written about every adult royal.

The tabloids LOVE these unguarded moments and thanks to modern technology they'll live on and on as the next gifs. I'm sorry that Harry and Meghan are the latest ones caught out, but I do believe that it was just a moment in time.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Some media took it as Harry was making fun of her "fangirling" and than shared a laugh. It seems overall the moment was seen as being lighthearted. It is not a big deal.

The precedence was interesting to me as well. I guess there is also some confusion if Meghan was standing on the correct side or something? Charlie Procter made a comment on his twitter about it. Can someone clarify?
The line exiting the Abbey (as you look at the screen) is HMQ on the left (DoE used to be on the right) and then Charles (senior) behind HMQ with Camilla, behind Charles is William then H behind William - only he wasnt. There was a discussion on twitter whether this was right or wrong. European way of doing things says H is in the correct place, but BRF do it differently.
To continue - looking at the screen - on the left should be W, H(but it was Meghan] DoY, PAlex, DssG.
Hope this makes sense!! Not important IMO. H should have known but he is also getting used to having a partner at this sort of event.
The precedence of the Royal Princesses more interesting as we dont see this very often.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The precedence of the Royal Princesses more interesting as we dont see this very often.
But with the precedence of the Princesses I don't get it because if blood princesses do take precedence in the absence of males, than shouldn't Princess Beatrice have taken precedence over Catherine at the Fashion Reception?
Old 03-12-2018, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
But with the precedence of the Princesses I don't get it because if blood princesses do take precedence in the absence of males, than shouldn't Princess Beatrice have taken precedence over Catherine at the Fashion Reception?
Catherine was a hostess of the event along with Sophie, Beatrice was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Iím sorry, but itís just get to me when folks get bent out of shape over a slight giggle or smile. If this was a state funeral, itís all very understandable, but a smile and giggle at a joyous celebration is ďrude.Ē Címon now!
Even at a funeral, sometimes there are smiles and a little laughter. Someone could share a story about the deceased that brings smiles to the mourners faces. Criticism would not be warranted, but some would be outraged anyway.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Even at a funeral, sometimes there are smiles and a little laughter. Someone could share a story about the deceased that brings smiles to the mourners faces. Criticism would not be warranted, but some would be outraged anyway.
Folks are just too harsh on these young royal women. Itís like people are enforcing some made up strict protocol on them. The performances was very enjoyable at the service and it all made some folks smile or even giggle.

I think Liam did a good job today. Heís an artist. Artists are suppose to be flexible with their art.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-13-2018, 12:20 AM
Majesty

I just want to make two observations. Firstly as a practising Anglican and having attended a school where hymns were sung every day, Williams "Guide Me O Thy Great Redeemer" is a wonderful hymn but if you are unfamiliar with it as obviously Meghan 'was', there is a refrain on the second-to-last line of each verse. Looking at the couple front on, it was clear Harry sang refrain and that took Meghan aback so she turned and looked at him a bit confused. He looked back with a "What?" look and she smiled and perhaps either laughed or said something. Perfectly natural I should think.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...40016154583040

I love that HM showed that while there is precedence, while there is protocol, it is not carved in stone. Seating Meghan next to Harry made it much easier and more relaxed for her. I expected her to be down the end as a mere Ms fiancee, but once again HM used her good old-fashioned common sense and put her where she would feel most comfortable and confident just like any other grandmother would.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
This evening The Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke of Cambridge will attend a reception on behalf of The Queen at Marlborough House Ė which is the home of @commonwealthsec #CommonwealthDay

Via Royal Family Twitter
Any pictures from the evening event?
Old 03-13-2018, 11:45 AM
Nobility

The Queen looked very elegant, but did anyone notice how uneasy The Queen appeared on her feet? First time I notice some frailty in her walk.

---------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that too - she has definitely slowed down. Hope she's well otherwise.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:35 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, watching the Queen arrive, I was struck by how much she has slowed down and lost some bone density. However, her smile is as bright as ever.

Here's a link to the royal's Commonwealth Day site:
https://www.royal.uk/commonwealth-day-2018

There's a clip of the spoken word artist, Jaspreet Kaur, giving her presentation which is quite resonant and thought-provoking. Here's what she said in the clip:

"The moment that you are more concerned about learning to love than to be loved, positive emotions of oceanic depths will engulf you. And the moment that you are more concerned about understanding others than to always be understood, that's when your mind will truly begin to learn. And the moment that we realize that our enemies are not physical flesh & blood, yet they are our own thoughts, peace will begin to conquer. And the moment that we overcome those inner enemies rather than deflecting them onto others, merriment will come find you. And the moment that you are more concerned about learning to listen rather than to always be heard, you will hear languages that you thought your mind could never fathom."

More on Jaspreet Kaur:
Behind the Netra
Old 03-13-2018, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I posted links on the previous page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
This evening, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke of Cambridge are attending the #CommonwealthReception at Marlborough House in London.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/C...=hashtag_click
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalFami...82733698043905
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Any pictures from the evening event?
Old 03-14-2018, 07:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
And one drawing of the Duchess of Cambridge and the future Duchess by the Adrian Valencia

"Meanwhile in Westminster Abbey."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgRYy-oF...drawadriandraw
Love the drawing!

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-15-2018, 12:35 AM
Royal Highness

Mystery of Commonwealth Day service's raised eyebrow and giggle solved!

Yesterday I was listening to On Heir, Omid Scobie's and Emily Andrew's new weekly podcast on I-Tunes. It's the second episode and it was recorded prior to Commonwealth Day services on Monday. The hosts discuss anticipation for the day, and they laughingly wonder why Liam Payne was selected as a guest performer. Apparently, neither Scobie nor Andrews knew that Payne was planning to sing John Mayer's Waiting on the World to Change. Scobie and Andrews were scratching their heads about Payne's inclusion since he's known for performing songs with such titles as, Strip That Down; On The Bedroom Floor; and Get Low. Payne also smolderingly performs For You with Rita Ora on the Fifty Shades Freed soundtrack. The video is on Youtube.

Possibly Harry and Meghan have some familiarity with Payne's ouevre and so Harry's raised eyebrow likely contained a mix of meanings, if indeed his interaction with Meghan was related to the fact they too had been wondering what song Payne was planning to sing! The fact that the clip of Harry's raised eyebrow and Meghan's spontaneous reaction made it to Huffington Post as news is all kinds of 'raised eyebrows' ridiculous.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thanks for filling me in a little bit about Liam Payne. To be honest, I'd never heard of the man before the Commonwealth Day service and the raised eyebrows with resulting giggles hit the threads here.

Then again, I'm most likely to prefer to listen to Gordon Lightfoot over anything recent and I'm seriously behind the times when it comes to the music industry.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

This stands as my favorite picture of Harry and Meghan for a whole raft of reasons: The Royal Family Celebrate 2018 Commonwealth Day | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion [Oh shoot - the picture I chose to showcase does not come up - oh well! The picture is the one where Harry and Meghan are emerging from the church with her arm linked with his - they are just stepping down the steps before greeting the children.]

They are very natural here and very naturally she is taking his arm (which he was always at the ready with during this event - so charming). The more I see them the more I am aware of how 'real' this is for them both. They are in it for the long haul, no matter the naysayers, and I think they both view themselves as lucky, and determined to go the distance. I am very happy for them both, equally, for different reasons. Genuine match made in heaven.

I loved this whole service and the Royal Family as they presented themselves. Looking forward to the wedding!
Old 03-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will undertake engagements celebrating the Commonwealth on 22 March. They will meet athletes supported by @TeamSportsAid, some of whom aim to compete in the 2022 Commonwealth Games, and help to prepare a Commonwealth Big Lunch at @StLukesTrust.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...040616960?s=21
Old 03-21-2018, 12:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen and senior members of the Royal Family will attend a Commonwealth Concert to help celebrate The Queen’s Birthday-
Queen's Commonwealth concert will feature Shaggy and Craig David

The Concert will be at the Royal Albert Hall on April 21st. The Concert will air live on BBC One, BBC Radio Two and BBC World Service English.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

So I couldn't find a general Commonwealth thread so I wanted to post this here:

I have watched this tonight, and I just love what Lenny has to say.
BBC One - Lenny Henry: The Commonwealth Kid

The commonwealth has to be more than sport, and shared culture.

Tags
british commonwealth, elizabeth ii, fiji, queen elizabeth ii