The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #301  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:04 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,919
I donít know, I find their reaction kind of rude.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Royal Suitor's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Coast, United States
Posts: 241
That's right up there with Meghan's reaction to Harry's singing. So many cameras, this could be interesting...

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...154583040?s=21
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry and Meghan's reaction to Liam's song is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/anitathetweeter/...32735903977479
What is hilarious about it ?
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
The DM has picked up on it. ‘A giggly Meghan in the Abbey’
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
I wonder if it's nerves. I know sometimes when folks get nervous they laugh even at 'serious' times.

In regards to the laugh at Harry's singing..it seemed like he leaned in towards her...wonder if he said something as opposed to was singing...


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:09 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I donít know, I find their reaction kind of rude.
I can see that. I just thought the entire thing was funny from their reaction to the kids expressions to Kate being so still felt if I tapped her she might fall over.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The DM has picked up on it. ĎA giggly Meghan in the Abbeyí
As long as she doesn't do that at a memorial or funeral service, I guess she'll be fine. Not the best Abbey debut for her though.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,386
We don't know what they were talking about. It was probably something entirely different from reaction to the song. And if three seconds of giggling at a Harry joke makes it a bad debut...then that's pretty harsh, especially as I've seen other royals whispering and grinning to each other over the years at various services. I've even seen a grin or two on the balcony on Remembrance Day among the Royal females.
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,745
I've watched the clip a couple of times and, for the life of me, can't find anything that could be considered rude.

It seemed that once the song was finished, the singer fist bumped his accompanists and then it flashes to Harry and Meghan. Harry like of looks like he's may be, as an aside to Meghan, doing "boom" (as in the video for the IG Harry with the Queen and the Obamas doing a mic drop) and Meghan giggles.

I don't see why this is a huge deal to pick on other than its something Meghan did. Just because its Westminster Abbey and a church service, it was also a service to celebrate an occasion and from what I've seen over my many moons on this rock, its OK to laugh, sing, express joy and be happy at a service.

Is this another example of turning a snowball into an avalanche? I think so.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:34 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Prince raises his eyebrows to Meghan after Liam Payne’s performance | Daily Mail Online

No one said itís a big deal. It looks to me like Harry kind of rolls his eyes and thatís what gets Meghan laughing.

Does seem a tad rude though
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Royal Suitor's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Coast, United States
Posts: 241
Who knows exactly what triggered the reaction, but I also found Liam's fist bump with his band mates at the end of the song to be eye roll worthy so I'm going with that.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,217
Honestly, it just seems to me like Harry and Meghan caught each others eye and Harry raised his eyebrows in the way that people do sometimes when they are joking with someone or acknowledging someone. Nothing rude about it. Meghan was nodding along to the song.

I will say I personally found the performance to be rather...well not to my liking but I am also not a fan of Liam's voice.

I also wonder if Meghan is just feeling soo out of body right now too? Its surreal for me as a spectator to see her there on so many levels. I imagine its even more so to be actually living it. I would probably have a laugh of incredulity at times too!
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:46 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've watched the clip a couple of times and, for the life of me, can't find anything that could be considered rude.

It seemed that once the song was finished, the singer fist bumped his accompanists and then it flashes to Harry and Meghan. Harry like of looks like he's may be, as an aside to Meghan, doing "boom" (as in the video for the IG Harry with the Queen and the Obamas doing a mic drop) and Meghan giggles.

I don't see why this is a huge deal to pick on other than its something Meghan did. Just because its Westminster Abbey and a church service, it was also a service to celebrate an occasion and from what I've seen over my many moons on this rock, its OK to laugh, sing, express joy and be happy at a service.

Is this another example of turning a snowball into an avalanche? I think so.
I’m not sure where you see Harry doing “boom.” He looks at Meghan and raises his eyebrows and then she giggles. It seemed to me that they were laughing at the performance (which is what the tweet stated). I think it’s fine to laugh, sing and giggle, but I don’t think it’s okay to laugh at a performer. Hence why I called it rude.

No one is staying it’s a big deal...it’s not. But it happened and now it’s being discussed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 9,436
great picture of the royal family sitting during the service
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYGToQSU0AEMjnB.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:48 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Honestly, it just seems to me like Harry and Meghan caught each others eye and Harry raised his eyebrows in the way that people do sometimes when they are joking with someone or acknowledging someone. Nothing rude about it. Meghan was nodding along to the song.

I will say I personally found the performance to be rather...well not to my liking but I am also not a fan of Liam's voice.

I also wonder if Meghan is just feeling soo out of body right now too? Its surreal for me as a spectator to see her there on so many levels. I imagine its even more so to be actually living it. I would probably have a laugh of incredulity at times too!
True. They could have just been having a couple's moment and it seemed they were having a laugh about the performance. We won't know. I don't think it is a big deal though. Just thought it was a cute exchange but I can get how some don't. It is what it is. I don't think that moment means her debut was bad though. Thought it was quite successful.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:50 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
True. They could have just been having a couple's moment and it seemed they were having a laugh about the performance. We won't know. I don't think it is a big deal though. Just thought it was a cute exchange but I can get how some don't. It is what it is. I don't think that moment means her debut was bad though. Thought it was quite successful.
Me too! But some want to find fault so here we are.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Another little tweak on precedence. The Princess Royal and Princess Alexandra sat ahead of Sophie and Duchess of Gloucester
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 03-12-2018, 01:56 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
That's right up there with Meghan's reaction to Harry's singing. So many cameras, this could be interesting...

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...154583040?s=21
notice how the camera turned away from them right at that point. i guess it wouldn't be great if social media starts talking about how 'meghan laughed at harry singing in church'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I wonder if it's nerves. I know sometimes when folks get nervous they laugh even at 'serious' times.
yes, that happens to some people. a friend of mine has it and she describes it as a reaction to realising that you are actually in a difficult / anxiety-causing situation. i guess it is due to this being meghan's first 'important' event, with the presence of the queen and all the family. also, i guess she never probably saw that 'religious' side of harry in the past, and she always met him in more informal situations. i'd say it is the reaction of the sudden realisation of what is to come for her - that she will indeed be a high-ranking member of a powerful family, where this pomp and circumstance is the norm, with all the excitement and the nervousness that comes with it.
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nationís largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 03-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Nothing rude happened folks. Harry just shared a little joke. Relax! Meghan was elegant and poised throughout the service. She and the Family obviously enjoyed the great performances. I watched and got up and danced to some of the music. Loved it all.

The Queen looked very elegant, but did anyone notice how uneasy The Queen appeared on her feet? First time I notice some frailty in her walk.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 03-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
great picture of the royal family sitting during the service
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYGToQSU0AEMjnB.jpg

I might be alone in not caring too much about Meghanís presence here - whatís struck me more is the Duke of Edinburghís absence. I know heís retired, but this picture of the Queen and her family really struck me without the DoE by her side.

Interestingly, I think had Meghan not been with Harry, he would have ended up seated in the front row, beside Kate, instead of in the second row - thereís a space beside Kate that looks like itís supposed to have a chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Another little tweak on precedence. The Princess Royal and Princess Alexandra sat ahead of Sophie and Duchess of Gloucester

Isnít that in line with the general precedence the last decade or so? The wives of British Princes come after the British Princesses when not accompanied by their husbandís?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
british commonwealth, elizabeth ii, fiji, queen elizabeth ii


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sophie's Relationships with the Queen and Royal Family Claire The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family 98 11-04-2019 05:19 AM
Diana's Relationships with The Queen and Other Members of the Royal Family Beck Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 696 09-29-2017 08:33 PM
Charles and the Commonwealth Huddo The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 56 10-10-2016 09:22 PM
William and the Commonwealth Realms Harold The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 71 08-09-2015 11:16 PM
List of royal residences in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth Elspeth British Royal Residences 0 11-04-2008 02:30 PM




Popular Tags
america archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baby names british british royal family british royals camilla camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house commonwealth countries crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of sussex elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style genetics george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hello! highgrove history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers monarchist movements monarchists mongolia pless politics prince harry queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry royalty of taiwan speech st edward suthida swedish queen taiwan thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×