The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh: Old Pictures and Videos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I love that one where it looked like Margaret nearly sent the then Princess Elizabeth flying off the see saw. Just priceless!!

One thing I really hope? That still of the late King and Prince Charles has been copied, framed and given to the Queen. There aren't many pictures of the two of them together like this, so I really hope HM has this.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy seeing older casual, family photos like these. The photo of a little Charles pushing the pram is adorable, and the photos of the then Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret Rose are nice too, and I also like the one of King George VI and his grandson.

I plan to visit Buckingham Palace this weekend (as well as Clarence House), and am looking forward to the exhibition.

Oh such easy-going pictures! Beautiful! Does none of you think that George has a striking resemblance to Charles?:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Now *that* is what I call a lap dance! :whistling:

Some of Queen Elizabeth II:

1.On her Christening with Queen Mum.
2.Her first Christmas Broadcast
3.Her Coronation Day.
I love the expression on the corgi's face.

Royal Norway, Good Evening Your Majesty from London. Thank you for the last article which I will be forwarding to my much respected boss who has banned me applying lipstick in front of him. This marks a whole new development in industrial relations:)

If it's all right for HM, it's all right for me?

Royal Norway, Good Evening Your Majesty from London. Thank you for the last article which I will be forwarding to my much respected boss who has banned me applying lipstick in front of him. This marks a whole new development in industrial relations:)

Let me know if you come across a picture of HM pulling up her bra straps or adjusting her pantyhose.

Thanks Dman! I want to think that photo was taken at a Ghillies Ball in Scotland but I can't be sure. One thing I noticed too is that Elizabeth is definitely wearing her wedding bracelet in that photo.

Although when we see the Queen, she's usually in "Queen mode", its been reputed that she loves to let loose and have a good time especially at a Ghillies Ball.

BTW: I love your new signature. So true. Philip must really have a lot of power eh? HM has one of the most endearing smiles I can think of.

Last edited:
.. must be a Ball in Scotland - otherwise Prince Phillip wouldn't wear a Kilt.

Priceless. Absolutely priceless. :D

Not sure when it was taken but the Queen appears to be giggling after discovering the real identity of the guard.

This was posted on my Facebook newsfeed. Gave me a good laugh.

Mine too! To see the queen like this (almost playful/giggly) and you can see the DoE cracking a smile too...what a great shot!

Don't ask me why but that photo put different scenarios into my mind as captions. I think the best one I've come up with is Philip, with a a sultry whisper, says "Hey baby... how 'bout a date?" as she passes by. Totally unexpected way to pull a prank on the Queen. :ROFLMAO:

Priceless. Absolutely priceless. :D

Don't ask me why but that photo put different scenarios into my mind as captions. I think the best one I've come up with is Philip, with a a sultry whisper, says "Hey baby... how 'bout a date?" as she passes by. Totally unexpected way to pull a prank on the Queen. :ROFLMAO:

Ditto.
Second- :lol:

I think that's the photo of The Queen and Prince Philip laughing because the guest they were about to greet were being swarmed by bees. The guest were running and fanning the bees away. The Queen was in stitches at the sight.

I have a vague recollection that bees were involved too...

This gave me a much-needed laugh, especially after the news from France...

:previous: Thank you for the article and video, eya. It was nice to see old footage of HM and Prince Philip as well as of Greece. I visited Greece in 2010 but would love to go back sometime, it's a beautiful country.

Just a small correction though - HM was never Crown Princess before she became Queen as that title doesn't exist in the British RF. She would have been the Duchess of Edinburgh then.

Reactions: eya
A great picture indeed.
One has the impression that the Duke would not hesitate to use that sword to protect his lady, should the need arise. :flowers:

Another brilliant pic:
crownedlegend - Fantastic!

I think sometimes people forget how fashionable The Queen and Prince Philip were in their younger days.

Back
Top Bottom