The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh: Old Pictures and Videos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Louise looks about three in the photo so maybe it was taken around Xmas 2006 at Buckingham Palace. Perhaps it was taken after the extended family’s lunch there.

Either Louise is cut-off somewhere or the OP can't count as there are only six grandchildren - Peter, Zara, William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie with Philip and The Queen.

I can't be sure but I suspect it was taken in 2002 for the Golden Jubilee looking at the ages of Harry and Beatrice in particular.

Looking at Louise I'd say it was taken during 2005 or 2006 Christmas holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d forgotten how high pitched the Queen’s voice was then. There was controversy and criticism over that a bit later on in her reign.

Like a "priggish schoolgirl" according to the rather ungallant John Grigg.

As a young lady, Elizabeth II had definite regal poise. Truly a lady and truly an elegant Sovereign! :flowers:

One colour photograph from that particular photo session, with the Queen semi-profile, wearing tiara, Garter and creamy gold gown, were familiar for decades all over the Commonwealth. I remember seeing them in public buildings everywhere when I first came to Australia.

:previous: I especially like Photo 9: "I knew flower crowns were over."
The red color is very pretty.

11 June1956: the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh arrived in Stockholm for their first State Visit to Sweden.

I'm surprised it just sit's there. I thought it would be pinned down somehow.

Indeed I found it to be the best documentary I have seen on the Queen - wonder if we will get the Wedding to now one as well.

Doesn't ITV have one aired not long ago? Covering the period from her coronation to recent day. It's the usual documentary with the usual "royal experts" though, with several unseen clips and coloured old video clips.

Queen Elizabeth II visited the Duchess of Cambridge's garden at the Chelsea Flower Show.

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh visited Brazil in 1968:

Queen Elizabeth II explains the details and gems of the Imperial State Crown.

I never realized Philip was interviewed by Barbara Walters.

Queen Elizabeth's II Silver Jubilee Celebrations (1977):

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom