The Funeral of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacknch

Former Administrator
City
Suffolk
Country
United Kingdom
Philip_zpsdab7488b.png

Welcome to the thread for
The Funeral of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
17th April 2021
St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Live coverage of the Funeral of The Duke of Edinburgh will start in a few hours time:

Last edited:
I'm watching the coverage on BBC News it looks like a beautiful Spring day in Windsor for the funeral.

The main coverage of the funeral starts here at 11pm Saturday night. It is 10.10pm now.

I'm watching Huw Edwards pre funeral programme currently with a Colonel of the Grenadier Guards.

Last edited:
I'm watching the BBC pre funeral coverage on YouTube (Huw Edwards). It's 8:15 AM here now. I also just read the Order of Service and it will be very emotional to watch. I feel so sad for the Queen.

How much longer till the service starts?

I love the military personnel parading in the sunshine, everyone looking their best. I'm really glad it's a nice day even if it's a sad occasion.

The arrival of the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery at Windsor, what a wonderful sight.

It's a beautiful sunny spring day right across the country. OK, the weather isn't going to make the Queen feel any better, but it feels as if the sun and blue sky have turned out to do Prince Philip proud.

The BBC News Special shown between 10-11 this morning featured an interview with one of Philips Great- Nieces Princess Xenia of Hohenlohe-Langenburg who’s brother is attending the funeral. Lovely lovely interview which is probably on iPlayer.

The BBC News Special shown between 10-11 this morning featured an interview with one of Philips Great- Nieces Princess Xenia of Hohenlohe-Langenburg who’s brother is attending the funeral. Lovely lovely interview which is probably on iPlayer.

The Princess had some lovely words about her great uncle.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-56783817

I plan to watch the funeral coverege with Victoria sponge cake and British tea in my Queen Elizabeth 90 birthday commemorative mug. Just my way of celebrating Prince Philip's life and the entire RF.

I plan to watch the funeral coverege with Victoria sponge cake and British tea in my Queen Elizabeth 90 birthday commemorative mug. Just my way of celebrating Prince Philip's life and the entire RF.

Lovely I have a candle lit infront of a Greek Orthodox icon.

The cap and whip on the seat of the carriage with his ponies pulling it really got me.

The arrivals at St Georges Chapel is odd in terms of orders of preference.

This music is beautiful.

The cap and whip on the seat of the carriage with his ponies pulling it really got me.

Oh no, I missed that ? I thought that was going to bring part of the actual procession...ugh.

Well, it turns out BBC World is airing it, but I do enjoy Royal commentary, so I‘ll probably flip channels

Oh, this music is getting to me......

Back
Top Bottom