The Duke of Edinburgh In Car Accident at Sandringham: January 17, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Accidents happen. The reason why the accident happened in the first place is known. The sun. It can happen to anyone. It was not an intentional crash to do harm nor was it negligence on the part of anyone involved. There was no real legal crime to pursue further for prosecution.

Good did come out of this accident. The speed limit in that area has been dropped and, if I'm not mistaken, cameras installed. This area had been a contentious spot for quite a while prior to the DoE's accident and now Philip has turned in his driver's license.

As far as I'm concerned, everything about this accident has been taken care of and the matter should be treated as solved. Over and done with and out. :D

It would be nice to know the detail of the investigation. Its possible that it was just an accident that was no fault of either party, or at best a slight mistake by them.. blame being equally divided. Philip seems to have been blinded for a second by the sun, which can happen.. but I don't know what the other car was doing. If he has given up driving I tink its a good thing sicne he was involved in an accident which did injure someone and shook himself up. but he'd probably be better not to drive at all even on the private roads.. as I suppose there are bound to be other cars on them..
I don't know if his age caused the accident or what... but its probably best that he's given up his licence

I'm glad that Philip isn't getting any "special treatment" with this issue and that he is being treated almost like an ordinary citizen had they been in the same crash. I think the issue would've blown up more had Philip been let off or given less of a treatment due to his royal status.

:previous: Indeed. It was swept under the rug that she might be responsible for the crash, but she seemed to be insistent that Philip was responsible instead - I presume for 15 minutes of fame...

She was not the driver of the other car but the passenger so I'm not sure how she could have been responsible for the accident?

I think she was focused on because she was injured while nobody else in the car was (plus of course she was more than willing to go on TV and talk to the papers).

To me, the fact remains that both incidents are totally unrelated to each other no matter how much the Fail is trying to portray it as such.

The passenger of the crash that the DoE was involved in happened to have incidents at different times in different places which resulted in losing her right to drive and a hefty fine.

Only thing that this proves is that the traffic police are doing their jobs. :D

She was not the driver of the other car but the passenger so I'm not sure how she could have been responsible for the accident?

I think she was focused on because she was injured while nobody else in the car was (plus of course she was more than willing to go on TV and talk to the papers).

Apologies, I’m going to delete the post now - I couldn’t read the article properly in time as I was in a rush.

To me, the fact remains that both incidents are totally unrelated to each other no matter how much the Fail is trying to portray it as such.

The passenger of the crash that the DoE was involved in happened to have incidents at different times in different places which resulted in losing her right to drive and a hefty fine.

Only thing that this proves is that the traffic police are doing their jobs. :D

But it does bring a different perspective: someone being extremely harsh on someone who made a mistake (overlooking a car - which had serious consequence but luckily not as bad as it could have been) while she herself was involved in no less than 4 traffic incidents (or at least she was in 2; and her car was in 2 others and she refuses to tell who the driver was) within one year. Some self reflection might have resulted in less media-obsessed and negative behavior.

But it does bring a different perspective: someone being extremely harsh on someone who made a mistake (overlooking a car - which had serious consequence but luckily not as bad as it could have been) while she herself was involved in no less than 4 traffic incidents (or at least she was in 2; and her car was in 2 others and she refuses to tell who the driver was) within one year. Some self reflection might have resulted in less media-obsessed and negative behavior.

Its the case of finger pointing. Its always someone else's fault until its realized that when she's pointing her finger at someone else, the other three are pointing back at herself. Now, because of all the furor and blame being aimed by her at the DoE, her own personal misdeeds are blasted all over for everyone to see.

Sometimes karma needs a good hefty lunch eh? :D

Prince Philip’s car accident update

Interesting to see that the woman involved in the recent car accident with Prince Philip has now been banned for driving due to a number of unrelated driving offences. Perhaps the Duke took the rap for someone else’s reckless driving!

Interesting to see that the woman involved in the recent car accident with Prince Philip has now been banned for driving due to a number of unrelated driving offences. Perhaps the Duke took the rap for someone else’s reckless driving!

She was a passenger in the accident with the DOE.

Back
Top Bottom