The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've been wondering why adele didn't participate? she would have been great!

Presumably diary clashes. I think she's been taking it fairly easy after she had her throat surgery.

This looks as though it would be quite a spectacle. Hope there is good coverage in the media.
Three Cunard Queens

I am so sad that it's now over. What a great time it was. I hope in 10 years we will celebrate a new huge anniversary.

What a great celebration it was indeed! I have to say a big thank you to all of you on the forums who kept all of us up to date with videos and pictures of this glorious event. Without you alot of us would not be able to experience all these things. I have to say I appreciate all of the hard work and the fact that you cared enough to let us all experience this most wonderful Jubilee. You guys are great. :)

What a spectacular show it was! Gary did an outstanding job! Love that man! :wub: He looked gorgeous too. ;) So proud of him. I loved the performance of Sing. That song makes me wanna climb a mountain or something. :lol:

Most of the performances were really good. Will I am was terrible! Why was he there? And Cheryl. She was awful. So awful, that not even Gary could save that performance. He should have picked someone who could actually sing. My theory is, when he asked her he was too busy planning the whole concert and wasn't really thinking. :p I'm gonna cut him some slack coz he is a frigging genius and gorgeous to look at.

The royal family seemed like they had fun at the concert. I was so surprised to see Archbishop of Canterbury singing along. How fabulous was that? The Queen looked really happy meeting all the artists backstage too. That was some party! :clap:

I have really enjoyed these last few days of celebrations for the Jubilee. As a Brit it made me feel really proud of my country and just glad we have a loved royal family in our country (despite what all the killjoys on Facebook and twitter say :p )

I didn't manage to catch any of the footage of the Royal Jubilee Boat Pageant, but I'm slightly glad I didn't as I heard the BBC went on for 5 hours with not much factual information on things like the individual boats :( I will try and watch some of the highlights though.

I loved the Jubilee concert and it was great to see the Royal family enjoying themselves. I particularly thought Tom Jones, Ed Sheran and Gary Barlow with the Commonwealth Band were really good. Why they decided to have Grace Jones hula hooping (did she think it was Britain's got Talent?) and Cheryl Cole (who obviously can't sing live) I don't know.

I loved Charles' speech at the end though. It sounded very heartfelt and I loved it when he asked the crowd to cheer for Prince Philip! :D
I did feel slightly awkward for HM the Queen as she did not seem completely used to that form of speech (although it could have been because she was still obviously concerned for her husband at the time). But I think the reaction just showed how the public are warming to the royal family again!

I loved every minute of the jubilee. I just wish Britain could this patriotism, community spirit and flag waving more often

It's been a great last few days and even though I'm not British, I've felt so much pride myself!

Thank you guys for helping me find a stream yesterday. Well worth it. I thought the fireworks would start a fire at the palace:)

My opinion of Charles has changed fundamentally since 1997. His speach yesterday was exellent. Is was a typical Charles speach with dry humour.

The hosts yesterday i have to say i didnt understand so good since i didnt know them so well, was one of them the guy that usually play dame Edna?

I don't always agree with everything Barack Obama says, but very nice of him to record a tribute to The Queen.

Thank you guys for helping me find a stream yesterday. Well worth it. I thought the fireworks would start a fire at the palace:)

My opinion of Charles has changed fundamentally since 1997. His speach yesterday was exellent. Is was a typical Charles speach with dry humour.

The hosts yesterday i have to say i didnt understand so good since i didnt know them so well, was one of them the guy that usually play dame Edna?
I feel the same way I'm beginning to warm up to him, especially this past weekend.

I feel the same way I'm beginning to warm up to him, especially this past weekend.

Interesting . Sky is making a bilan of the jubilee celebrations with some commentators and one of a major and common point is that many many people (re) discovered Charles this past week-end thanks to his moving tribute to his mother (the BBC documentary) and of course his incredible speech during the concert last night.

Last edited:
Interesting . Sky is making a bilan of the jubilee celebrations with some commentators and one of a major and common point is that many many peopole (re) discovered Charles this past week-end thanks to his moving tribute to his mother (the BBC documentary) and of course his incredible speech during the concert last night.
I've always had an on-off relationship with Charles (oh lord that came out wrong!:lol:) if you know what I mean. There's been times where I'm fine with him and other times where part of me still can't get over what happened in the past, not gonna get into that here not the right time. But it's a tricky situation for me personally.

I've always like Prince Charles. I feel like his heart is in the right place and he means well. He, to me, doesn't come off as egotistical, he can laugh at himself and I think he has a lot to offer when the time comes to ascend the throne. He's a good man, and he doesn't always get the credit he is due.

[been times where I'm fine with him and other times where part of me still can't get over what happened in the past, not gonna get into that here not the right time. But it's a tricky situation for me personally.[/QUOTE]

Well as foreigner, seeing it from far I have to say that what happened in the past was not his fault alone. He was forced to marry a woman he didn t love, although he already had found the one.
Looking at Camilla and the Queen these days I noticed sometims a bit of resemblance - in some pictures it stroke me. And considering that Camilla also loves horses, dogs and nature - quite like the Queen - it is understandable that he loves her. Diana and Charles were both, how shall I say, arrested between tradition and "it always has been this way", I guess.
Charles has grown as a person during the past decades and with the woman he loves at his side he seems to have found peace with himself.

again, some official family photo?

I've always like Prince Charles. I feel like his heart is in the right place and he means well. He, to me, doesn't come off as egotistical, he can laugh at himself and I think he has a lot to offer when the time comes to ascend the throne. He's a good man, and he doesn't always get the credit he is due.

It's funny I may not be his biggest fan but when I started to learn a bit more bout his work and such I was shocked and just how much he's done and how little credit he has received. And I feel that he's done a good job with William and Harry especially in the later years. He seems to be there for them when they need him.

Well as foreigner, seeing it from far I have to say that what happened in the past was not his fault alone. He was forced to marry a woman he didn t love, although he already had found the one.
Looking at Camilla and the Queen these days I noticed sometims a bit of resemblance - in some pictures it stroke me. And considering that Camilla also loves horses, dogs and nature - quite like the Queen - it is understandable that he loves her. Diana and Charles were both, how shall I say, arrested between tradition and "it always has been this way", I guess.
Charles has grown as a person during the past decades and with the woman he loves at his side he seems to have found peace with himself.
Oh no totally I understand it wasn't all his doing and 2 wrongs don't make a right but I still have a hard time around that whole subject.

Charles was wonderful. Great speech. I never, in my younger days, thought Prince Charles would be more handsome than Paul McCartney, to whom time has not been kind.

Last edited:
:previous:
Thanks, Ghost! :flowers:

What a sweet gesture from William and Harry; I'm sure Her Majesty will cherish the picture. I do wonder though whether Prince Charles got a similar frame with his baby picture and the word "Mummy" on it! As for Stevie Wonder - her was everyone's favourite. Such a legend! Though to be fair, Her Majesty did miss Tom Jones. ;)

Last edited:
so so sweet! some time we will can see that?

On the concert (I was watching some of the vids people posted) I loved seeing the castle lit up. I am not familiar with alot of the performers that were in the concert and I am iffy in my opinion on alot of them. But I have to say the best performers were Paul McCartney and Elton John. :) Maybe it is because I am familiar with them but I thought they were the best.

It's been a great last few days and even though I'm not British, I've felt so much pride myself!

I couldn't agree more. Though I've always felt a closer affiliation with England than with the United States (and I have a feeling it's because when I started learning English when still in USSR, my teacher taught us British English and talked about the British culture, since he's been to England several times [it's thanks to him in part that I got interested in royalty, focusing on the BRF]). I was moved to tears several times over the past several days because the affection Her Majesty elicits from her subjects/supporters is palpable even through a computer screen. I know for a fact that no US president has ever received such a reaction.

OK, so reading Her Majesty's words about missing her husband made me tear up. They really do depend on one another, and I have a feeling very few of us would understand that type of bond. It's beyond just love that a husband and wife share. It's something a lot deeper.

Back
Top Bottom