The Diamond Jubilee Service of Thanksgiving and Carriage Procession: June 5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A very moving and meaningful ceremony.
I do like Archbishop of Canterbury's speech a lot, even though I prefer somewhat more succinct ones.

Her Majesty looked delightful, as did Camilla, Kate and other royal ladies.
Such a pity Prince Philip isn't there, but as the Archbishop said, our thoughts and prayers are with him.

That is so precious! She's forgotten what she's reading.

Oh that was cringe worthy!!! I'd have died! I had to turn away from the screen momentarily. I was embarrassed for that young lady.

That is so precious! She's forgotten what she's reading.
Poor girl, but kudos to her for managing not to become completely mortified and finishing her prayers.

The interior of St Paul's is a wonderful cathedral. So sorry for the young girl who started on the wrong prayer- hope she gets some words of encouragement from someone senior.

Poor thing. You just know that's going to plague her for the rest of her days.

Lady Louise has her fingers crossed!

Poor girl, but kudos to her for managing not to become completely mortified and finishing her prayers.

I felt so sorry for her but she carried on and finished the prayer.

Countess of Wessex looks very beautiful in royal blue with little cream and Lady Louise is adorable :rose:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/05/article-2154783-13750CBF000005DC-739_472x701.jpg

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie also looks wonderful
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/05/article-2154783-13750DD3000005DC-301_470x702.jpg

Louise is precious in her tea rose pink dress and gold ballet flats. Sophie certainly knows how to pull out all the stops when it's necessary.

Those few seconds of silence must have seemed like a lifetime to her. She recovered very well though.

Great pictures that are coming out of the ceremony.

I believe I just spotted Ed Miliband with one hand in his pocket :eek:

The new anthem for the Queen is really beautiful. I think Gary Barlow and Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Sing' is lovely too.

The diamond choir sound as good as they look.

'I am here; I am with you'. How apt.

The diamond choir sound as good as they look.
It's absolutely lovely! :)
Before the service began, BBC showed some footage how the children were hand picked from across the country; they certainly made all the right choices.

I believe I just spotted Ed Miliband with one hand in his pocket :eek:

Prince Charles has had his hand in his pocket for ages. So annoying, he was doing it during last nights speech.

The Bishop of London is wearing a beautiful cowl(?) which is decorated with London churches I think. Haven't noticed this vestment before- I wonder if it had Benin made for the occasion.

That women with the floppy beach hat looked silly.

Are Zara and Peter with their spouses sitting in the first row?

I've only seen Zara, I think they are sat behind The Duke of York and the girls.

Her Majesty looks so upset. :sad:

Elly C said:
The Bishop of London is wearing a beautiful cowl(?) which is decorated with London churches I think. Haven't noticed this vestment before- I wonder if it had Benin made for the occasion.

The London cope has been round a while now. The then bishop of London wore it at the PoW's wedding in 1981 and it wasn't new for that occasion either!

Yep. It's still weird seeing Mike Tindell at royal events. To me he'll always be first and foremost a rugby player.

Just realised I'm going to miss the carriage procession, I'm at work!

Simply love seeing the public wiping away tears, Louise looks so cute!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom