The Diamond Jubilee Luncheon and Dinner for the World's Monarchs: May 18, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene does do a beautiful curtsey, though! My guess is she was told that was the appropriate greeting, for whatever reason.
It was IMO a lovely gesture from a young, new royal to the much respected and admired Queen of Queens.

Is in the evening a bankett for the royal guests in Windsor castle?

And which program is tomorrow?

I completely agree - I loved the warmth that was evident - and more so we were able to see HM greeting each guest as they arrived - much the way any gracious hostess would do. It was just done so well and HM looks happy - very happy in these photos.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes At Buckingham Palace at the Grand Entrance where we see guests including Princess Charlene of Monaco and Queen Rania of Jordan arrive
First update for banquet
Arthur Edwards ‏@ArthurJEdwards I photographed the Queens greeting foreign royals who lunched with her at Windsor Castle. Many of the European royals greeted HM very warmly
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Protesters outside Buckingham Palace are pack up now before the evening starts
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror So far there is a gathering of about 200 protesters at Buckingham Palace and a light police presence

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty The Sovereign's Dinner tonight In BP is one of the largest gatherings of royals in recent times #Jubilee
Oh and may I say I LOVE all the pix from the lunch!!!
Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty Royals will arrive at Buckingham Palace in order of 'length of service' #Jubilee #sovereigns
Not long now I assume...

It was IMO a lovely gesture from a young, new royal to the much respected and admired Queen of Queens.

Yes, it was. ! :flowers:

Charlene's new hairstyle and the pictures of her in profile also reminded me of Diana, Princess of Wales when she used to style her hair in a similar fashion.

Were the Spanish royals there, or, given the current swirling rumors, they chose to stay out of the limelight?

Sadly, for Sofia, she was ordered by the Spanish Government to withdraw her acceptance and not attend. The whole issue has been discussed in the Spanish section.

I'm sure that she would have greatly enjoyed the event .

Fully agree; I'm sure in this case protocol and procedure fly out the window when greeting a venerated monarch ensconced on the throne for so long. And as noted, Prince Philip bowed to the Emperor of Japan, so no one's really sticking to a rule book here.

ursulajohanna said:
Is in the evening a bankett for the royal guests in Windsor castle?

And which program is tomorrow?

This evening's dinner is at Buckingham Palace and I didn't think anything was happening tomorrow. Nothing public.

Dinner this evening is Cheese Souffle, Sea Bass then Eton Mess.

According to the Luxembourg royal court page The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess along with Prince Louis and Princess tessy are attending a militry parade at Windsor tomorrow. Don't know what is involved in the parade or if any of the other visiting royals will still be in town to attend as well.

19-05-2012
"Jubilé de Diamant" de Sa Majesté la Reine Elizabeth II

12h00: Home Park, Windsor (Royaume-Uni)
Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse assisteront à la Parade militaire en présence de Sa Majesté la Reine Elizabeth II.
13h00: Ascot (Royaume-Uni)
Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse, accompagnées de Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Louis et la Princesse Tessy, assisteront au déjeuner privé offert par Lady Elizabeth Shakerley à l’issue de la Parade militaire

Is there any place to watch live the guests arriving at the dinner tonight? I've been looking at the BBC website, but cannot seem to find a place to watch live TV.

I think tomorrows military parade at Windsor is the only truly "public "event since it is in the home park at Windsor.

There is a big military parade in Windsor tomorrow. The armed forces have been practicing for it. Some 2,500 service personnel will take part and there'll be a fly past of 80 aircraft.

The troops will march past the Queen on Saturday in the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle, then pass crowds in the town before mustering in an arena before an audience of 3,800 royals, veterans and family members.

I don't know how many of the foreign royals will take part. To be honest, there are so many Diamond Jubilee events going on it's really difficult to keep track.

BBC News - Diamond Jubilee: How do you host a military spectacular?

It'll be shown live on BBC1 tomorrow at 10.30 British Summer Time. I'm sure many of you know websites where you might be able to watch it.

The pictures are delightful, but some of the comments in the DM are so mean-spirited!
The usual grumbles about how the royals live off the tax dollar, etc.

I don't get it; if the RF disappeared tomorrow, do these people honestly think the result would be a single penny more in their pockets?
(It would all go to pad some MP's expense account, but they never seem to grasp that).

I think most of us have just learned to ignore the comments at the DM. For example, the other day the DM had an article about 90 year old Prince Philip hauling around a pretty heavy duty car battery. Several of the comments at the end of the article were people hoping he would drop it on his toe, injure his back etc. etc. Just complete and utter scumbags.

I think those comments are a good indication of why the British royals don't attend lots of royal events abroad, though. It's seen by some people as a silly extravagance.

According to Peter Hunt, all of the monarchs are expected to attend tomorrow's military parade.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
If they stay the course, the world's monarchs will have lunch at Windsor; dinner at Buck Pal; and on Sat attend a military display in Windsor. Thrones will be in short supply there. Plenty of plastic seats though

I wonder if all of these countries give HM gifts?

I wonder if all of these countries give HM gifts?
It's very likely.
For the Golden Jubilee, the Queen received over 600 gifts, including ones from foreign Heads of States.

Don't royals often give signed pictures of themselves as gifts?

I suppose some of the Middle Eastern royals might give HM some jewellery, who knows. The Queen's certainly taking some flak for inviting them. This is what greets those heading to BP tonight:

Anti Royal Protesters Hold Printed Messages Outside

First pics from tonight! Albert and Charlene:
Prince Albert II Of Monaco And Princess Charlene Of Monaco

Queen Rania:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...nds-a-dinner-for-foreign-news-photo/144743660

King Mswati and his wife (eek!):
King Mswati III Of Swaziland And Inkhosikati Lambikiza

Queen Silvia:
Queen Slivia Of Sweden And King Carl XVI Gustaf Of Sweden.

I've decided that Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko are my new favourite people. I just love them.

Check out the bust on Mrs Mswati:
Inkhosikati Lambikiza Of Swaziland Attends A Dinner For

GALA DRESSES!!! So happy right now :)

Gorgeous dress on Charlene; Rania looks good too. This is not a tiara event, sadly.

CHARLENE. !!! What a beautiful dress. Truly stunning. !! :flowers:
Queen Rania - always lovely

Very nice for both ladies this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom