Queen Elizabeth presents the Imperial State Crown video

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That got tears welling. Why? I don't know. Why do these royals feel kind of like family? I don't know. Same with the Japanese Royals. I suppose that is the way Monarchy is supposed to leave you feeling kind of like. That is what keeps the Monarchy strong, people feeling like that for them. I guess the respect you give kind of depends on how you grew up. She'll always be that young Queen that reminds people of a school teacher and someone's mom. How you take that I guess depends on how you took school and other people's parents. Know what I mean?

I know exactly where you're coming from on this. The Queen, after serving for over 60 years, kind of makes you feel like she's the ultimate Granny. She came to the throne when I was only a month old but even back then, she made a big impression on the adult women in my family I think. "The Queen served this for lunch" and "The Queen always wears hats and gloves like a lady should". The royals, being outside of politics, were a glance into another world and I don't think much changed until the US had their own Jackie to admire.

There's also the element of pomp and pageantry and tradition and history that we just don't have here in the US.

Brilliant! A lesson on the history of the crown by Elizabeth! Where else would you find it! Thanks Warren :)

Oh, that was a great videom thank you for posting it.
And thank you to Dee Anna for pushing this thread up.

My absolute pleasure SLV! :)

A shout out to the mods / admins; it could be there already(?) but a thread on vintage videos such as this would be a gem!

I know there is a counter in our User Control Panel for the "thanks" we receive and we get different "titles" as we make more and more posts but I think it would be grand to have a "Thread Bumper-Upper" count too somehow. There are posts here and things of interest that date back over 10 years or so and when someone "bumps" them up again, it comes to the attention of a wide audience of people that perhaps didn't know they were there. Or even a "bump" emoticon. :D

I'm glad this one is a "sticky" that stays there and will never go away from the eye such as a few other threads on TRF. Another positive it that is brings attention to the mind that TRF is about far more than talking about the people, their fashions and their accomplishments and their foibles.

@Dee Anna When Warren passed away, he entrusted his collection of vintage articles and such to TRF and there's been a thread devoted to them. I'm just not really sure right now exactly where it is.

TRF is its own encyclopedia of everything you've ever wanted to know that relates to royalty and probably has more information in one place than anywhere else out there.

Oh God Osipi, I had no idea. :sad:

This is such a vast forum, so much exellent content is posted here, I'm just a newbie member, but I do suggest if all the "stuff" that me and many like me would love to see and comment on was stored in one library, it would be named The Warren. :flowers:

I'm glad I seen this clip. The history is a jewel itself.

Back
Top Bottom