Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally I'd imagine she'd be resting up with an early night if indeed she wants to attend tomorrow.

It's sad that HM The Queen couldn't be at the concert in person with the rest of her family (although the skit with Paddington was charming). As a small consolation, she may have been able to privately celebrate the birthday of her second youngest great-grandchild in the meantime.

I don't think she would be interested in the concert anyway. That is the type of event that is clearly for the crowds, not for herself or even for most members of the Family.

I'm with Tommy on that one. She probably just had an early night, which is what she should do at her age frankly.

By the way, going back to the earlier discussion on the dress code at the cathedral service, I found this site on the Garter dress specifically, which claims that the breast star can be actually worn "on full dress uniforms, court dress, morning coat, full evening dress coat, or dinner jacket". So while it might be unusual, it is not apparently incorrect to wear the star with morning suit instead of full uniform in daytime.

Last edited:
Can someone help me with to identify the songs which have being played at Andrew Lloyd Webbers part at the Party at the palace? Thank you!

I don't think she would be interested in the concert anyway. That is the type of event that is clearly for the crowds, not for herself or even for most members of the Family.

I'm with Tommy on that one. She probably just had an early night, which is what she should do at her age frankly.

I agree. I am quite sure that this party was very low on her list of (her personal) priorities for the Jubilee events. I think she was truly sorry that she couldn't attend the Thanksgiving service but this is one she's happy to leave to the younger royals (and the general public of course).

Video of Charles's speech (BBC) (and other pictures as well as an article about) at the Platinum Jubilee concert. William spoke during an 'environmental issues section' of the concert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Charlotte has been trending on Twitter, mainly for videos of her obvious joy while conducting an ensemble at Cardiff and at the concert. Interesting how these things happen.

Great pics of the royal box coming through. Lady Gabriella Windsor in particular was looking stunning in a gorgeous green dress.

George did also look bored this afternoon (and on other occasions), maybe it's just his resting face.

Children have to get used to things, otherwise they stay children forever.

George never looks happy. He looked miserable in Cardiff.

Princess Charlotte has been trending on Twitter, mainly for videos of her obvious joy while conducting an ensemble at Cardiff and at the concert. Interesting how these things happen.

George never looks happy. He looked miserable in Cardiff.

He didn't look miserable the entire time in Cardiff, but I think it's been obvious for years that he's the least gregarious and emotionally open of the Cambridge kids. However, during the concert there were definitely moments when he looked interested and enthused - he was singing along to "Sweet Caroline" and clearly knew the song well.

I found it fascinating that Charlotte was familiar enough with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" to sing along. While I expect that I, at seven, probably could have sang along with that song, I'm also four decades older than she, lol. Between that and her excitement over the Encanto song in Cardiff, I'm really curious what's on the playlists in the Cambridge household!

For what it's worth, regarding the question of whether or not the concert was age-appropriate for George and Charlotte - there were a couple of shots of Louise and James where they also looked bored. Same with Charles and Camilla. A concert like this, with such a wide array of performers and genres, is bound to have dull moments for any attendee.

Did anyone else catch the bemused look from William when Lin-Manuel Miranda sang his parody version of "You'll Be Back" before introducing the cast of Hamilton? I know that show is an insane hit, but I found it an odd choice for a concert celebrating the British monarch's platinum jubilee.

But, once again, HM steals the show, right at the very top, with her little comedy sketch with Paddington Bear. First James Bond during her Diamond Jubilee year and now this... The sparkle and glint in her eyes, her understanding and acceptance that she is not just the head of state but also a pop culture icon is what makes her truly unique and endears her to the entire world.

Prince George is more reserved than his sister, but he'll come around. What a great memory they will have of this event. William and Kate are doing a great job. The whole jubilee is a once in a lifetime event, and it went perfectly.

I’ve also noticed George looking unhappy, and sometimes terrified, in public. If he’s an introvert, it must be hard for him to be the centre of attention. I hope he learns some coping mechanisms as he gets older.

Prince George is more reserved than his sister, but he'll come around. What a great memory they will have of this event. William and Kate are doing a great job. The whole jubilee is a once in a lifetime event, and it went perfectly.

I think this was a good opportunity to introduce George and Charlotte to the public duties that will fill their lives. The children must have been gradually prepared and coached by their parents for some time in advance of this.

Very daddy. His father has the same unintentionally (I hope) bored expression so now and then.
In fairness, even HM's resting face can appear grumpy.

I've never thought George looked scared being out in public, but it's clear he's more reserved than his siblings.

I think this weekend was a good opportunity to get them out and about a little more whilst everyone was in a good mood celebrating gan gan. In later years I think they'll be glad they took part. I know I have fond memories the of Golden Jubilee madness in London and I wasn't much older. Many of their friends are going to have stories about being there or going to parties as well. Being bored at a concert is fairly natural but 9 is around the age a lot of parents start introducing their kids to stuff like this (without the world watching) so I don't think it's a problem.

In fairness, even HM's resting face can appear grumpy.

did she have not that for a long time. And only in the last 20+ years she appears more smiling.

I've never thought George looked scared being out in public, but it's clear he's more reserved than his siblings.

I think this weekend was a good opportunity to get them out and about a little more whilst everyone was in a good mood celebrating gan gan. In later years I think they'll be glad they took part. I know I have fond memories the of Golden Jubilee madness in London and I wasn't much older. Many of their friends are going to have stories about being there or going to parties as well. Being bored at a concert is fairly natural but 9 is around the age a lot of parents start introducing their kids to stuff like this (without the world watching) so I don't think it's a problem.

I think we should also appreciate what he is looking at, we see one photograph of George but he is faced with a press pack taking the photographs.
As for looking bored last night as some posters have said, not everything was everybody's cup of tea and I have seen photographs of George smiling and laughing last night.
As with the adults over an evening like that it will always be possible to catch a photograph showing any emotion that suits the authors narrative.

Great gesture. Also, good of KP to release the video.
Wonderful and looks like lots of fun too!

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall attend the Big Jubilee Lunch at The Oval Cricket Ground in London.

The President of Ireland has paid tribute to the queen.
President Michael D Higgins has extended “warm greetings” to the queen on the occasion of her Platinum Jubilee. In a letter sent, President Higgins said he extended the greetings on “behalf of the people of Ireland and on my own behalf”.
Later at the Bloom flower show in Dublin the President described the queen “very gracious lady who has made a very significant contribution over the last 70 years”.

I am just thinking that the royals must have an amazing stamina - I have a constant headache after the bells on Friday and the music and crowd of yesterday. I honestly dont even know how I got home yesterday - in a daze no doubt.

I love Paddington - since even my first at Christmas by my grandfather many decades (hm) ago. I save money to go to the Paddington store. So I am completely bias about the introduction.

I am getting up now to get to a pharmacy to find some migraine meds - before heading to Windsor. where i am already late

Did anyone else catch the bemused look from William when Lin-Manuel Miranda sang his parody version of "You'll Be Back" before introducing the cast of Hamilton? I know that show is an insane hit, but I found it an odd choice for a concert celebrating the British monarch's platinum jubilee.

Indeed, especially in front of direct descendants of King George III but I guess British humo(u)r can take it.

Last edited:
And a portrait of George iii was the backdrop for HM & Paddington in the White Drawing Room at Windsor. Along with Queen Charlotte.

Recently found out that Paddington was inspired by Michael Bond's memories of Jewish refugee children with labels on their suitcases at Reading station just before the outbreak of WW2. I presume they were German? From the Kindertransport?

A poignant link to HM's generation.

I thought the set up of the concert was quite gerontocratic and was baffled by the US citizen Ms Diana Ross in servile attitude with an American accent: "“Howdy, from all of the folks right here tonight, and thousands and thousands watching around the globe, now we have one easy message to you: Thanks.” Later the lady from Michigan made sure: "I'm in admiration of you, Your Majesty" and urged the crowd to shout "thank you" to the Queen.

Pfff... At least if she was Canadian or Australian, QE2 is their Queen after all. And then Duran Duran and how is he called, Freddie's replacement, that Adam Lambert. No, my expectations for the Platinum Jubilee Concert were different.

I remember Grace Jones (when Jamaica was still one of the Queen's Realms) in a spectacular outfit singing Slave To The Rhythm while hula-hooping, during the Diamond Jubilee Concert. That performance still blows away all and everyone on yesterday's stage.

Last edited:
I thought the set up of the concert was quite gerontocratic and was baffled by the US citizen Ms Diana Ross in servile attitude with an American accent: "“Howdy, from all of the folks right here tonight, and thousands and thousands watching around the globe, now we have one easy message to you: Thanks.” Later the lady from Michigan made sure: "I'm in admiration of you, Your Majesty" and urged the crowd to shout "thank you" to the Queen.

Pfff... At least if she was Canadian or Australian, QE2 is their Queen after all. And then Duran Duran and how is he called, Freddie's replacement, that Adam Lambert. No, my expectations for the Platinum Jubilee Concert were different.

I remember Grace Jones (when Jamaica was still one of the Queen's Realms) in a spectacular outfit singing Slave To The Rhythm while hula-hooping, during the Diamond Jubilee Concert. That performance still blows away all and everyone on yesterday's stage.

As far as I know, Jamaica is still one of the Queen's realms.

It was adorable! She was so excited!

The cambridge family making cakes!!

"Baking cakes for the local community in Cardiff to enjoy at a Platinum Jubilee street party taking place today! ��

We hope you like them! ��"

What a cute video of them making cakes. It shows them helping out and having fun at the same time!

Welt.Tv is also showing it.
Yes but I would love they did the split screen the other way round... the actual footage big and the moderators small and not like it is^^

Back
Top Bottom