Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd ssay she is n ot going ot appear at all the events, she clearly tires easily and is probalby going to stick to important things or things that she enjoys

I'd ssay she is n ot going ot appear at all the events, she clearly tires easily and is probalby going to stick to important things or things that she enjoys

I agree, she also appears to have difficulty with steps.

I would have thought the church service and trooping the colour her two main priorities. Although I am not sure how they will have her in position on the dais for TTC.

I'm nearly 50 years younger than the Queen, and I'm so out of touch that I don't even know who some of the artists on the bill are! Most people tend to prefer music from their own youth. I wouldn't have thought that the concert was really her thing - I'd expect to see the grandchildren there, and maybe Edward and Sophie.

yep - even the last concert the older royals didn't attend. The Queen and Charles came in at the end - for that embarrassing Mommy moment. I expect the same this year. Really the Cambridge's, ect.

Has Faberge made an egg in honor of Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee?

Has Faberge made an egg in honor of Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee?

My guess would be that even in a normal situation this would be unlikely, but with the well-known association with Russia of the Faberge eggs (have they ever even done one that wasn't for the Russian imperial family?), I would think this is not something HM would appreciate at this point in world history

There was a 'forum' that was deciding to make either a crown/tiara or a brooch for the platinum jubilee as the official gift for the Queen - but I think that the corona problems, or the other problems - cost of living or war in Ukraine had put a stop to it.
We couldn't spend on such a gift with the world currently as it is - and no this was not to be covered by tax money.

Strangely, what entertains me the most about this Jubilee is that due to HM's lack of robust health (long covid?), her presence at any official engagement is announced on that day. However, having gotten up, found her balance and factored in steps and stairs, she pops up unexpectedly at various events, for all intents and purposes, unannounced but, with a gigantic smile and a twinkle in her eyes. It is the quintessential Queen we see, with a lot less formality, and a hefty amount of with and humour. She is both a delight and delightful.

Given QE2's episodic mobility issues, I do not think any events involving foreign royals have been made public.

But would it not be possible to have them other for lunch at Windsor, where she is at home.

But would it not be possible to have them other for lunch at Windsor, where she is at home.

And she may well do, but it has not been made public.

Isnt that what they did at the Memorial - it was a quick hello?

Isnt that what they did at the Memorial - it was a quick hello?

I think there was a lunch at Clarence House after the Service of Remembrance. I do not believe HM attended that lunch, but retreated to Windsor directly from the Abbey.

I think there was a lunch at Clarence House after the Service of Remembrance. I do not believe HM attended that lunch, but retreated to Windsor directly from the Abbey.

Yes i'd imagine she was tired and depressed by the service and wanted to go home. Charles hosted a lunch for the guests

Yes i'd imagine she was tired and depressed by the service and wanted to go home. Charles hosted a lunch for the guests

But apparently there was something for Philip's relatives at Windsor.

But apparently there was something for Philip's relatives at Windsor.

That is correct. There was a lunch and followed by a smaller, more private service at St George's that was held for Philip's German relatives.

The lunch at CH was largely for the royal guests from overseas, who were hosted by C&C, and possibly, W&C.

Are any foreign Royals expected to attend the Jubilee events?
In 2012, they were all entertained to lunch at Windsor Castle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18099937 [2012].

But as for 2022???

There have been so many changes since the 2012 gathering.
New monarchs in Belgium and the Netherlands ,king Michael of Romania and queen Anne have passed away as has the Danish Prince Consort and the Duke of Edinburgh!

New monarchs in Belgium and the Netherlands ,king Michael of Romania and queen Anne have passed away as has the Danish Prince Consort and the Duke of Edinburgh!

Your right, I had forgotten about that. Perhaps foreign royals will come to the service at St. Paul's and a reception afterwards and Charles might host a dinner again. 70 years is huge so I think there should be an invite to other royal families.

Your right, I had forgotten about that. Perhaps foreign royals will come to the service at St. Paul's and a reception afterwards and Charles might host a dinner again. 70 years is huge so I think there should be an invite to other royal families.
Would be nice but i doubt as for HM's past Jubilee's foreign Royals where always invited separate and not to one of the Main Events like the Service of Thanksgiving at St. Pauls Cathedral. Think this one is seen as a National celebration.

I was very underwhelmed by the acts announced. I do wonder though if it due to it being the start of the music festival and concert going season, especially with so many having to postpone from Covid. I wonder if the BBC and organisers were too late to secure big name acts. I certainly hope it isn't indicative of anything else.

After watching BGT for a few years one would think they had some fresh blood artists to do their bid instead of waking up a graveyard of has beens of the stage...Clearly they should have asked Simon Cowell to throw in his `stable`...

Would be nice but i doubt as for HM's past Jubilee's foreign Royals where always invited separate and not to one of the Main Events like the Service of Thanksgiving at St. Pauls Cathedral. Think this one is seen as a National celebration.

No Stefan,there was a huge turnout of Royals at HM 60th Jubilee!

No Stefan,there was a huge turnout of Royals at HM 60th Jubilee!

Yes there weas but not at the National Main Celebrations. They were separate invited to a lunch at Windsor and a Dinner at BP

Last edited by a moderator:

And new monarchs in Spain and Japan, of course.

And new monarchs in Spain and Japan, of course.

The Spanish were not present at the last Jubilee Gathering there was diplomatic brouhaha over Gibraltar and Queen Sofia could not attend.

I really enjoyed the preview of the Queen's videos that is going to be released. It is nice seeing the Queen as a young woman and it really captures her youthfulness and humour. I especially like seeing the Queen's father - very few people see the former King as a person anymore. He is a figure from History and his humanity and indeed personality has been identified in movies and tv now, but when you see him in those video's you get an idea of the man, father and husband he was.

I was very underwhelmed by the acts announced. I do wonder though if it due to it being the start of the music festival and concert going season, especially with so many having to postpone from Covid. I wonder if the BBC and organisers were too late to secure big name acts. I certainly hope it isn't indicative of anything else.

Could the various scandals, controversies and bad press relating to the monarchy and members of the royal family over the past few years have influenced some potential performers and/or sources of funding to keep their distance? Or are there controversies relating to the concert itself (e.g. potential for Covid-19 transmission)?

Back
Top Bottom