Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking something like these:

https://www.createwebquest.com/sites/default/files/images/royal_family.jpg
https://www.royal.uk/official-photographs-released-queens-90th-birthday

I don't think we have seen an extended family picture like this since before William got married. The family is quite large now and it would be nice to see it -- yes even with Andrew.

It would be lovely to see a picture with everyone on it. Including Andrew and the Sussexes: they're still the Queen's descendants.

I may be wrong, but I don't think most people are very pleased with the decision only to have working royals on the balcony. People want to see the children. Zara and Mike are very popular, no-one's got anything against Peter, and I think Beatrice and Eugenie have come through tough times and are now very popular as well.

I do think a lot of people are disappointed but also understand why it was decided. The Sussexes are polarizing. People like them or don't. Andrew is just flat out disliked and people did not want to see him up there. We all saw how Philip's memorial went down. It completely overshadowed it. I can see them wanting to avoid anything doing that. It is a shame for the overall extended family being denied that moment and for royal watches not getting the chance to see it. The kids were always a highlight.

Last edited:
It would be lovely to see a picture with everyone on it. Including Andrew and the Sussexes: they're still the Queen's descendants.

I may be wrong, but I don't think most people are very pleased with the decision only to have working royals on the balcony. People want to see the children. Zara and Mike are very popular, no-one's got anything against Peter, and I think Beatrice and Eugenie have come through tough times and are now very popular as well.

The problem, as others have said, is that, if Zara, Peter, Beatrice and Eugenie were included, it would be clear that Andrew and Harry & Meghan were being singled out for a reason other than being non-working royals. They had to be excluded then so that the Palace could have a plausible excuse to exclude Andrew and the Sussexes too.

I understand the problem, but I still think it's a shame. It's like the teacher punishing the whole class because one kid has been naughty.

I understand the problem, but I still think it's a shame. It's like the teacher punishing the whole class because one kid has been naughty.

No one really cares about the balcony really. The Diamond jubilee one was far worse. Such an anti climax.

For most people that day of the jubilee will be the least paid attention too.

There is sou h on over the next 4 weeks.

I mean honestly lets just hope HMQ can actually make it to the balcony. It is concerning they can't even confirm she will be at most the events until the day of.

The Silver Jubilee balcony appearance was kind of odd too; it seems like Lord Mountbatten was out there but not any of the Kents or Gloucesters.

Last edited:
The Silver Jubilee balcony appearance was kind of odd too; it seems like Lord Mountbatten was out there but not any of the Kents or Gloucesters.

Mountbatten. Was there ever a better man for promoting his own interests. I k ow he was related to the royals but that would be like having the Spencers or Middletons on the balcony.

This one sounds fine. I like it is highlighting those people who work day and out for little public acknowledgement.

Mountbatten. Was there ever a better man for promoting his own interests. I k ow he was related to the royals but that would be like having the Spencers or Middletons on the balcony.

This one sounds fine. I like it is highlighting those people who work day and out for little public acknowledgement.

I am pleased to see the working royals acknowledged, in particular the Duke of Kent and the Gloucesters who have devoted their lives to support of the Queen.

Are senior royals going to be in other parts of the UK for the Jubilee weekend.
Leaving only Charles and Camilla in London for all 4 days??

I'm thinking of something more like flying visits interspersed between the major events in London. The first two days will be over by ~1:30 PM, I imagine, and I don't know how many of them would be going to the Derby on the Saturday anyways.

I'm thinking of something more like flying visits interspersed between the major events in London. The first two days will be over by ~1:30 PM, I imagine, and I don't know how many of them would be going to the Derby on the Saturday anyways.

I think that is correct. My sense is that the regional trips will be quick trips worked around the main London-based events.

Unlike the Spencers or Middletons, though, Lord Mountbatten was a member of the British royal family in his own right as a British great-grandson of Queen Victoria. Probably that was why the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who chose traditional British royal first names for their children, considered Louis an appropriate name for their third child.

Last edited:
Hello, I've always been a silent reader and as a royal fans I'm very excited for the Platinum Jubilee. Have read about it not just on social medias but also in this forum.

I am pleased to see the working royals acknowledged, in particular the Duke of Kent and the Gloucesters who have devoted their lives to support of the Queen.

Absolutely agree. They're exemplars of duty and service.

Ignoring the difficulties, I'd love a photo of the Queen with her descendants - 33 people by my reckoning. The Queen, her 4 children with their 3 spouses (no Sarah), 8 grandchildren with 5 spouses (no Autumn, alas) , and 12 great-grandchildren - historic but also with a huge Philip-shaped hole.

And welcome Biru. I'm excited too.

JMH0 ... but I do think, despite all the problems, there should be one photo -- for the sake of history -- of QEII and her descendants.

Welcome, Biru.

Mountbatten was a great-grandson of Queen Victoria, so it's only like having, say, Lord Freddie Windsor there as a great-grandson of George V. But, yes, he was very good at promoting his own interests!

Last edited:
JMH0 ... but I do think, despite all the problems, there should be one photo -- for the sake of history -- of QEII and her descendants.

I am sure such a photograph will be taken, though it may not be released to the public.

According to the Telegraph (unfortunately, the link's behind a paywall), the great-grandchildren, although presumably not the babies (unless some adults go with to look after the babies?), are going to take part in a "Gallop Through History" Jubilee procession, in a horse-drawn carriage, along with James and Louise.

According to the Telegraph (unfortunately, the link's behind a paywall), the great-grandchildren, although presumably not the babies (unless some adults go with to look after the babies?), are going to take part in a "Gallop Through History" Jubilee procession, in a horse-drawn carriage, along with James and Louise.

There was the photograph a few days ago of the children in a carriage. Not sure if carriage is the correct description. But something being rehearsed.

"A Gallop through History" is happening at Windsor Horse show this week, and the final performance is going to be televised on ITV in the UK on May 15th. I hope that's the event that the great-grandchildren are taking part in, as I'm going ?

"A Gallop through History" is happening at Windsor Horse show this week, and the final performance is going to be televised on ITV in the UK on May 15th. I hope that's the event that the great-grandchildren are taking part in, as I'm going ?

That would be so cool for you if it is!

If it's A Gallop through History, I wonder if the children are supposed to represent the future, and their carriage is the last one in the program.

I'd love to see those jewels too, but as i'm in NZ.... However, i was in England 2012 and saw the ones at the Tower of London; loved Queen Victoria's little crown, not sure what it's called; all very sparkly 'in life' as compared to a photo.

Hopefully i'll see the horse show on NZ TV; we're not a republic yet (and hopefully never IMO) so we should see a lot of the Platinum Jubilee.

And even if she has to be in a wheelchair, I hope The Queen is seen. Having just spent a week in a wheelchair myself, there are definitely certain benefits! Seeing life at a different angle for one ???

Princess Beatrice looked lovely at the horse show preview; and first time i think i've seen her in earrings; definitely statement earrings anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's A Gallop through History, I wonder if the children are supposed to represent the future, and their carriage is the last one in the program.

I love the thought of this but the live show runs from approx 8.00pm to 10.15pm, well past all their bedtimes. Would they really have babies out at that time of night?

I love the thought of this but the live show runs from approx 8.00pm to 10.15pm, well past all their bedtimes. Would they really have babies out at that time of night?

You could have them out, but small children may not behave as hoped for when they’re up so late! Little kids tend to get a bit wild when up past their bedtime. The thought of a carriage full of misbehaving children…!

I read on another site that each preview night of the Gallop event featured an appearance by Princess Anne and spouse, Earl and Countess of Wessex, and then Princess Beatrice. I'm going to assume -- JMHO -- that Beatrice was the substitute for her father. ???

Back
Top Bottom