Queen Elizabeth II's 80th Birthday Celebrations: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this coin, with those trumpets and the phrase "Vivat Regina", would be more suitable for a jubilee rather than for a birthday, however I'm going to buy it.

I can't remember which country it was from, but it was part of the Golden Jubilee collection issued by the BRM.

I would like to enquire if we know if any Euro-Royals will be attending the service in St Paul's to mark Her Majesty's Birthday in June.

Article from HELLO
Portraits of the Queen Looks Back on 80 years
Relaxed but regal and with a warm twinkle in her eye, the Queen shows she still has plenty of zest for life in a portrait released to mark her 80th birthday celebrations.................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/04/03/queenportraits/

Photos from HELLO magazine
#1: The picture is one of a series of intimate photographs, which will go on public display at Windsor Castle from today. In the portrait the Queen looks "relaxed but at the same time quite energised," comments royal curator Sophie Gordon
#2: Decades earlier as a young mother gazing at her first-born son, Charles
#3: Captured on camera by her son Prince Andrew in 2002

Photos from Reuters
#1: A curator holds a book of pictures of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II by Dorothy Wilding (1952) at the Drawings Gallery in Windsor Castle, southern England, April 2, 2006. The pictures, which are part of an exhibition of photographs to celebrate the 80th birthday of the Queen, will be on display from April 3 until March 11, 2007. The Queen's 80th birthday is on April 21, 2006.
#2: A curator mounts a coronation picture of Britain's Queen Elizabeth by Cecil Beaton (1953) at the Drawings Gallery in Windsor Castle, southern England, April 2, 2006. The pictures, which are part of an exhibition of photographs to celebrate the 80th birthday of the Queen, will be on display from April 3 until March 11, 2007.

Attachments

• r2694530121.jpg
    r2694530121.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 714
  • r2846716657.jpg
    r2846716657.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 716
Newest issue of the "Majesty" magazine features the Queen's 80th birthday celebrations.

image from majestymagazine.com

Attachments

• large.jpg
    large.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 718
we can see a portratit with all the royal family like for 1977 jubilee?

Does anyone have any information about the forthcoming book by Jane Roberts - Queen Elizabeth II: A Birthday Souvenir Album that will be published by The Royal Collection?

A combination photograph of a collection of stamps, due to be issued by the Royal Mail to celebrate the 80th birthday of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, is seen in this handout released by the Royal Mail on April 10, 2006. The pictures of the Queen, which have been chosen from thousands of archive photographs, are a collection of informal photographic portraits taken throughout her life. The stamps will be issued on April 18, three days before the Queen's 80th birthday

from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 712

Attachments

• queenstamps-dop1a.jpg
    queenstamps-dop1a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,318
  • queenstamps-dop2a.jpg
    queenstamps-dop2a.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 180
  • queenstamps-dop3a.jpg
    queenstamps-dop3a.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 497
  • queenstamps-dop4a.jpg
    queenstamps-dop4a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 209
  • queenstamps-dop5a.jpg
    queenstamps-dop5a.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 248
  • queenstamps-dop6a.jpg
    queenstamps-dop6a.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 351
  • queenstamps-dop7a.jpg
    queenstamps-dop7a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,881
  • queenstamps-dop8a.jpg
    queenstamps-dop8a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,609
They are Indeed what a A Wonderful Monarch & Mother She will leave a great Legacy LONG LIVE THE QUEEN !!!! GOD BLESS THE HOUSE OF WINDSOR!!!!! :)

Just wondering if The Queen will also invite all of Europeans Royals Families to attend to her birthday at the Kew Palace or at the Windsor Castle? I hope so...
Thanks!

I read the TIME magazine article today and it was very good. one part told of a reception at BP for the national cricket team and how one player, after meeting HM said what a beautiful woman she is. She is still so lovely and everytime i see a photo of her I just can't get over how beautiful she is.

Have I missed a birthday dinner party in the royal diary? i was chatting to friends earlier today and they tell me that there is a birthday dinner on the 22nd at windsor as well as the dinner at kew on the 21st? are they mistaken or has anybody else head of two dinners?

If you get BBC1 you can watch HM live on BBC1 friday 21st April at 11am, it will follow her walk about in windsor and it's on for an hour. BBCnews24 will also be covering it throughout the day including the royals arriving at the Royal Palace at Kew.

Duchess said:
I read the TIME magazine article today and it was very good. one part told of a reception at BP for the national cricket team and how one player, after meeting HM said what a beautiful woman she is. She is still so lovely and everytime i see a photo of her I just can't get over how beautiful she is.

i read that today too...but one mistake they made was they called Sophi, the Countess of Wessex as Duchess of Wessex....;) :eek:

I love the stamps for the Queen's 80th birthday. I particularly am keen on them because they show the Queen from childhood to now. And more importantly they show her smiling and looking happy.

As if the fickle British weather was any less fickle in June than in April. Talk about misplaced optimism...:p

Last edited:
The Herald Sun (Melbourne newspaper) had a article on the Queen that went for 2 or 3 pages entitled 'A Peek At The Real Queen' and it had a heap of memories that the public wouldn't necessarily know about in it, and reading on the Hearld Sun website, in tomorrow's paper there will be a tribute 'Pictorial Souvenir - The Queen At 80'

If you like, I could probably scan the articles and post them, just PM me if you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom