Queen Elizabeth II's 80th Birthday Celebrations: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like almost the entire extended Royal Family turned out for the service. In this pic (courtesy HMQEII) we can see the Earl and Countess of Ulster, the Earl and Countess of St Andrews with some of their three children, Lord Nicholas Windsor, and other rarely-seen faces.

It is also noteworthy that now all of the Queen's children are Garter Knights, possibly the first time ever for any Sovereign with a daughter. It will be quite the family get-together at the next Garter Service at Windsor.

Queen Elizabeth is much beautiful dress and like more Queen Mother!!! Happy Birthday 80th!!!! Queen Elizabeth beside husband Prince Philip 58th anniversary with they married in 1947 november. They married 59th anniversary 2006!!! Next year 2007 they married 60th anniversary! Wow big royal family and Duchess Camilla is beautiful hat!

Thank you all for those lovley pics.Happy Birthday your Majesty!!!

Some more pictures from Getty Images/Tim Graham. We can see more clearer of Royals and it's lovely we see Lady Sarah Chatto, the Duchess of Kent (and behind her Lady Helen Taylor) and King Constantine!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited by a moderator:
more from Getty

Attachments

• 57404478.jpg
    57404478.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 57404449.jpg
    57404449.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 57404450.jpg
    57404450.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 237
  • 57404396.jpg
    57404396.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 57404384.jpg
    57404384.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 219
What a marvelous turnout from the Windsors, it's absolutely great to see the Royal Family and so many relatives on the steps of the Chapel, a fantastic sight!

The Queen looked fantastic today, that suit is one of the best I've seen her in for a long time, and she always dresses lovely, but this one was really something special! Princess Michael's hat is really elegant, and Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are really two elegant young ladies by now!

Good news about the Garter appointments, can't wait for the next Garter Service, that will be really something!

These are great pics. I only wish it had been a sunny day. It looks like its as dreary at Windsor as it is in New York now.

Its so great to see the whole family together along with some royals we hardly ever see. Its been ages since I've seen the Duchess of Kent and was sad to see her so worn down. I hope her health is OK.

I was not a fan of the fashions but fashions was not what this day was about. Beatrice and Eugenie are very pretty girls but I think they'd look prettier without the retro-20s dresses that go straight down and end with pleats and frills at mid-thigh. A woman would have to be a stick to look good in one of those creations.

Except for the hat and horrible brown shoes that don't go with anything, Beatrice looks nice -- for her. She has a "different" fashion sense than what I would consider flattering, but it's not as awful as her Christmas outfits have been recently.

Not Trying To Start Anything

I HAVE BEEN SEEING SOME BAD VIBES WITH CHARLES AND CAMILAE. IF YOU LOOK AT THE DINNER PICTURE AND THE CHURCH PICTURES THEY DON'T LOOK VERY HAPPY. SHE IS TALKING MORE TOO WILLIAM AND HARRY AND CHARLES IS TALKING TO EVERYBODY BUT HER AT THE CHURCH. MAYBE IT'S JUST THE PICTURES THAT THE MEDIA ARE PUTTING OUT!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :(

There's no need to shout.

Photographs show what the photographers want them to show -- not necessarily what the subjects of the pictures intended. I remember a picture of Charles & Diana where they weren't facing each other was broadcast as proof the marriage was over, but the dozens of pictures from that same occasion that showed them laughing and talking were kept under wraps until after she died.

Warren said:
It looks like almost the entire extended Royal Family turned out for the service. In this pic (courtesy HMQEII) we can see the Earl and Countess of Ulster, the Earl and Countess of St Andrews with some of their three children, Lord Nicholas Windsor, and other rarely-seen faces.

It is also noteworthy that now all of the Queen's children are Garter Knights, possibly the first time ever for any Sovereign with a daughter. It will be quite the family get-together at the next Garter Service at Windsor.

Yes, I was just thinking that it's unusual to see the whole extended family together these days.

today is really great... well, probably with the exception of the weather. Great royal turnout...

here's more from ANP-AFP :
Queen Elizabeth II was hailed 23 April for imparting a "sense of calmness, serenity and stillness" to Britons buffeted by a turbulent world. In contrast to the smiles she flashed at the fireworks and public displays of affection on her birthday on Friday, the queen sat quietly for the tribute at a solemn church service at Windsor Castle, west of London. The sermon in St George's Chapel, the burial place of 10 monarchs, echoed messages given last week by British politicians and by Prince Charles, her son and heir to the throne, who called her his "darling Mama."

Attachments

• 2887858.jpg
    2887858.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 2887909.jpg
    2887909.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 2887940.jpg
    2887940.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 327
  • 2888000.jpg
    2888000.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 383
  • 2888083.jpg
    2888083.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 2888119.jpg
    2888119.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 472
  • 2888157.jpg
    2888157.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 248
  • 2888192.jpg
    2888192.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 2888228.jpg
    2888228.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 434
  • 2888238.jpg
    2888238.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
I was surprised to see the Duchess of Kent looking so wretched. For someone who always used to put a good public face on things, she's really changed. These days, when she's with the rest of the family she looks as though she's in some sort of exquisite torment. I don't know if it's just that the photographers were looking to get unflattering photos or what, but it's very sad.

sophie said:
I HAVE BEEN SEEING SOME BAD VIBES WITH CHARLES AND CAMILAE. IF YOU LOOK AT THE DINNER PICTURE AND THE CHURCH PICTURES THEY DON'T LOOK VERY HAPPY. SHE IS TALKING MORE TOO WILLIAM AND HARRY AND CHARLES IS TALKING TO EVERYBODY BUT HER AT THE CHURCH. MAYBE IT'S JUST THE PICTURES THAT THE MEDIA ARE PUTTING OUT!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :(

I don't think you need to shout to share this opinon.

Maybe because Charles and Camilla see each other and talk to each other everyday and because the rest of the family was out for this occasion they decided to talk to other people. At state dinners seating arrangments are purposly set up so that husbands and wives don't sit next to each other but are sitting next to other guests so that they can mingle with other guests.

There's nothing wrong with Camilla talking to William or other members of the family. They are her family by marriage now afterall. Why shouldn't she talk to them? If she didn't talk to them and just talked to Charles there would probably be other stories about the rest of the family snubbing Camilla or something. :rolleyes:

The Duchess of Kent looks so tired and drawn out in her picture. Was the service very long?

Princess Michael however looks very nice.

I was surprised to see Serena Linley, normally the best-dressed of the family, turn up in Big Bird yellow. Beatrice and Eugenie may actually the best-dressed of the clan -- which isn't saying too much. Even Lady Gabriella looks horrible.

The Duchess of Kent, I'm sorry to say because she's my favorite member of the entire family, looks deranged. She just looks mad and unkempt. I can handle the stringy hair and the horrible clothes, but the look on her face is something else.

I see Marina Ogilvy is there. Apparently her ostracism from the large family gatherings is over.

The Duchess of Kent looks so wan and just exhausted. It was great to see the extended family..I love seeing the Gloucester family (the Duke and Duchess, and the Earl and Countess of Ulster). But where is Lady Davina Windsor and her husband? And Zara Phillips? Have only seen small snapshots of the Lady Linley..is she wearing the yellow?

The Queen looks lovely, as does the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex. I wish I could say the same about the Princess Royal..I am sure I have seen that outfit before. The Princess's (Beatrice and Eugenie) look great....Eugenie is really coming into her own...love the shoes...and finally..they are growing into those hats of theirs! And yes, I believe that is Marina Oligivy...I believe she is BACK!

Last edited:
Marina's been back in the family since Edward's wedding (she attended in a long blue coat) and really back in since Angus died.

Yes, Serena Linley is the one in yellow. I haven't seen any photos of Lady Davina Lewis yet; as usual the photographers are concentrating on the Michaels and ignoring the boring old Gloucesters.

Wow, I must say I liked most of the Royal outfits, especially Princess Eugenie and The Queen. I loved Princess Michael's hat. Looking at the pictures, all of the royal ladies look so elegant.

Last edited:
As Did I ,Eugenie looked Amazing !!! a little side note today is Lady Gabriella Windsors Birthday :)

Elspeth said:
I was surprised to see the Duchess of Kent looking so wretched. For someone who always used to put a good public face on things, she's really changed. These days, when she's with the rest of the family she looks as though she's in some sort of exquisite torment. I don't know if it's just that the photographers were looking to get unflattering photos or what, but it's very sad.

Yes, I thought the same thing. She was so feminine and lovely in earlier days. I hope that she is happier, despite her appearance, since she is apparently leading the kind of life she wanted. At least she is talking to the Duke of Kent in a couple of photos. Photos of the two of them in recent years seem to reflect a quiet disdain and I think that's sad at their age.

Indeed she is :) She may overtake her Sister in looks very soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom