The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-03-2021, 07:46 AM
Commoner

HM has seemed so much more animated and alive in her recent outings!

From the G7 to now.
https://twitter.com/Independent/stat...86478236401665

Makes you wonder.

Old 07-03-2021, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Elizabeth II Current Events, Part One: April 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bik View Post
HM has seemed so much more animated and alive in her recent outings!

From the G7 to now.

https://twitter.com/Independent/stat...86478236401665

Makes you wonder.

Well she did spend much of the last year cooped up, barely interacting with anyone in person….I imagine it’s nice to get out and about. She’s also getting to see her family in person.

Old 07-03-2021, 11:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Well she did spend much of the last year cooped up, barely interacting with anyone in person….I imagine it’s nice to get out and about. She’s also getting to see her family in person.
I get that.

It's just that each time she's written about now, the fact that she's 95 year old widow is stressed; add on the troubled family dynamics. (Of which I'm sure she's experienced worse in her 70 year reign.)

The tone from so-called insiders and RRs is always the Queen is 'angry', 'sad', 'devastated', 'shocked' insert adjective here.

But from her animation with world leaders - including her jibe at Matt Hancock -, her foot tapping at Trooping the Colour, her larger than life smile e.t.c, I suspect the reality does not match the narrative being imposed.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:36 AM
Nobility

I could imagine that her sorrows about the duke and his health may have been bigger than anyone suspects. To worry about a beloved person, about THE one person, can be, sorry for my words, goddamn hard.
Now she is of course missing him and still grieving him, but I am sure HM knows, as the intelligent and reasonable person she is, that there is no need to worry for his well-being anymore. Being in this good spirits as she is atm, smiling and all, does not mean that she (or any other person who is in the same situation, having lost a loved one of many years) is happy about not having this person around anymore. In germany we say "Es ist eine Last von ihr abgefallen", I don't know if there is an equivalent in the english language. It means that a huge burden has fallen off of someone. It does not mean that an ill person is a burden, but the worrying about this person is.
I have not known the duke in person, but I could imagine that he would have wanted her to be exactly that way she is atm.

I hope my words hit you on the right spot, you know that english is not my mother tongue.

Besides from that, I am happy to see HM in such good moods these days. Laughter is the best medicine.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
I could imagine that her sorrows about the duke and his health may have been bigger than anyone suspects. To worry about a beloved person, about THE one person, can be, sorry for my words, goddamn hard.
Now she is of course missing him and still grieving him, but I am sure HM knows, as the intelligent and reasonable person she is, that there is no need to worry for his well-being anymore. Being in this good spirits as she is atm, smiling and all, does not mean that she (or any other person who is in the same situation, having lost a loved one of many years) is happy about not having this person around anymore. In germany we say "Es ist eine Last von ihr abgefallen", I don't know if there is an equivalent in the english language. It means that a huge burden has fallen off of someone. It does not mean that an ill person is a burden, but the worrying about this person is.
I have not know the duke in person, but I could imagine that he would have wanted her to be exactly that way she is atm.

I hope my words hit you on the right spot, you know that english is not my mother tongue.

Besides from that, I am happy to see HM in such good moods these days. Laughter is the best medicine.

I understand exactly what you're saying.

And yeah the Duke at 99, lived a long & consequential life.
Sometimes death is a release.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:19 PM
Majesty

Death seems a release also for Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrete . They supported their Husband long ilnesses as now Queen Anne Marie of Greece.
Old 07-05-2021, 03:16 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth has awarded the George Cross to the National Health Services of the United Kingdom:

** The Queen's letter **

** royaluk: Queen awards the George Cross to the UK's National Health Services **
Old 07-05-2021, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a video of the awarding of the George Cross to NHS on its 73rd Anniversary

Old 07-05-2021, 01:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Queen Elizabeth has awarded the George Cross to the National Health Services of the United Kingdom:

** The Queen's letter **

** royaluk: Queen awards the George Cross to the UK's National Health Services **
That must be one of the first times I've seen anything she's written, not just signed.

Like Malta under siege, the NHS was equally valiant.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth held virtual audiences for the High Commissioner for the Republic of Ghana and the Ambassador of Iran today, July 6:

** rex gallery **
Old 07-07-2021, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Today, July 7, Queen Elizabeth welcomed the Ambassadors of Israel and China for virtual audiences:

** rex gallery **
Old 07-08-2021, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen is paying a visit to the Coronation Street set today in Manchester

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/12200731

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...556354/photo/2

Short Video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1413068971188838401
Old 07-08-2021, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Great to see her out again!

** pa images gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Queen of the cobbles! Monarch is radiant in blue as she meets ..**

Old 07-08-2021, 08:11 AM
Nobility

Wasnt it planned that always someone of the younger royals will accompaign her after Philips death? Or do I mix something up?
Old 07-08-2021, 08:23 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think anything official was said about it. It's lovely to see her looking so well, and to see that Ken Barlow (who's been in Coronation Street since it started in 1960, but the actor has been having a long break) came in specially for the occasion!

She's also been to Manchester Cathedral, to meet representatives of community groups who've been doing important work during the pandemic. I wish I'd known she was coming :-) , but I suppose they don't want to release details in advance because they don't want crowds gathering whilst social distancing rules are in force.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
Wasnt it planned that always someone of the younger royals will accompaign her after Philips death? Or do I mix something up?
That is what the media reported - as they did after he retired. She, however, probably always had other ideas. She has done a number of solo engagements since Philip's death.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:41 AM
Nobility

Thank you, I was just wondering. It doesnt seem as if she needed one of them younger ones.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That is what the media reported - as they did after he retired. She, however, probably always had other ideas.
I have never understood why she might need to have other royals accompany her, unless she was meeting a large group of people, and needed to have other members of the family "work the room". She has plenty of officials accompany her, and she always has a Lady-in-waiting, who can help look after her physical well-being and comfort.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:25 AM
Royal Highness

She seemed on good form today and as actually seemed that for all her appearances for the last couple of weeks.

It's always fun when the royals visit Corrie or Albert Square. It's also great that she visited the Cathedral to meet covid workers and celebrate 600 years.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The queen has visited Coronation St in the past I think the Duke was with her.

Not everyday we see the queen in fictional Weatherfield

Here's a video of todays visit