Queen Elizabeth II Current Events, Part One: April 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what events are planned for the Platinum Jubilee next June?
I know there's a concert, but what else?

In terms of the Platinum Jubilee celebration in 2nd - 5th June 2022, I haven't came across the actual events that have been planned/laid down in that period. I mostly read about commemoration, which has mostly been reported on local newspapers.

There is a thread dedicating to The Queen's Platinum Jubilee, in which I have just posted some new updates.

Today, May 25, Queen Elizabeth held virtual audiences with the Ambassador of Cambodia and the Ambassador of Ethiopia:

** rex gallery **
In a strange way since I live so far away and HM isn't really my queen, such events give me the feeling of constancy and "this, too, shall pass". At her age and her recent trials, it's very uplifting to see her always cheerfully dressed, always at her post.

Today, June 1, the Ambassadors of Iceland and Afghanistan were received via video audiences:

** rex gallery **

Queen Elizabeth will receive US President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden at Windsor Castle on June 13, it was announced today. Joe Biden will participate in the 2021 G7 Summit in Cornwall (June 11-13):

** Announcement **

And today, June 3, she received the Ambassador of El Salvador and the Ambassador of Indonesia for virtual audiences:

** rex gallery **

Last edited:
No doubt HM is looking forward to meeting the new president. She's met them all apparently except for LBJ.

Looking forward to seeing the visit of President Biden and the US First Lady on June 13th.

I wonder if we will see a band & a guard of honour?

I think this will be a pleasant visit for everyone all around. The Bidens seem to be a very cordial couple. It's remarkable that the Queen has met every president (except LBJ) since her first one who was Harry Truman. Truman was president when I was born and I'm pushing 70. What a record! ?

The presidential couple is given a chance to feel young :flowers:

Queen Elizabeth held virtual audiences with the Ambassador of South Sudan and the High Commissioner for the Republic of Mozambique today, June 8:

** rex gallery **

The Ambassador of Nepal and the Ambassador of the United Mexican States were invited to virtual audiences with Queen Elizabeth today, June 9:

** rex gallery **

The Queen will meet the President of the United States of America and First Lady Jill Biden at Windsor Castle on Sunday 13th June 2021.

Her Majesty will welcome the President and the First Lady at the dais in the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle. Upon the President and the First Lady's arrival, a Guard of Honour formed of The Queen's Company First Battalion Grenadier Guards will give a Royal Salute, and the US National Anthem will be played.

The President will then accompany the Officer Commanding the Guard of Honour, Major James Taylor, and Major General Christopher Ghika, to inspect the Guard of Honour, before returning to the dais to watch the military march past alongside The Queen and the First Lady.

The President and the First Lady will then join Her Majesty for tea in the Castle.

The Queen will meet the President of the United States of America and First Lady Jill Biden at Windsor Castle on Sunday 13th June 2021.

Her Majesty will welcome the President and the First Lady at the dais in the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle. Upon the President and the First Lady's arrival, a Guard of Honour formed of The Queen's Company First Battalion Grenadier Guards will give a Royal Salute, and the US National Anthem will be played.

The President will then accompany the Officer Commanding the Guard of Honour, Major James Taylor, and Major General Christopher Ghika, to inspect the Guard of Honour, before returning to the dais to watch the military march past alongside The Queen and the First Lady.

The President and the First Lady will then join Her Majesty for tea in the Castle.

I had hoped Charles and Camilla would have joined HM, but that seems unlikely.

The President of the United States of America and US First lady have departed Cornwall and are enroute to meet H.M. the queen Windsor Castle later this afternoon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57461257

Last edited:
Here's a video of the event:

She must be thinking "didn't I just do this yesterday"?

Apparently she and Biden have met in 1982, when he was a senator. I'm sure at least one of them remembers.

She must be thinking "didn't I just do this yesterday"?

Apparently she and Biden have met in 1982, when he was a senator. I'm sure at least one of them remembers.

Jill? ;)

No, just joking.

WaPo, briefly:

Biden said Queen Elizabeth II asked him about world leaders, including Russia’s Vladimir Putin and China’s Xi Jinping, during their brief meeting at Windsor Castle on Sunday.
“She was very gracious,” Biden told reporters on the tarmac at London Heathrow Airport, before departing for Brussels. “She reminded me of my mother.”
Biden, who was greeted at Windsor Castle with a Guard of Honor upon his arrival, also commented on the size of the castle grounds.
“I said … we could fit the White House in the courtyard,” he said.
Biden said the queen also asked what life in the White House was like. When reporters asked whether he had invited her to the White House, Biden answered, “Yes.”

Interesting. I guess they could Zoom?

She's (barely) old enough to be your mother, Joe! :lol: (But the man really really loves and respects his mother, so it's a compliment.)

WaPo, briefly:

Biden said Queen Elizabeth II asked him about world leaders, including Russia’s Vladimir Putin and China’s Xi Jinping, during their brief meeting at Windsor Castle on Sunday.
“She was very gracious,” Biden told reporters on the tarmac at London Heathrow Airport, before departing for Brussels. “She reminded me of my mother.”
Biden, who was greeted at Windsor Castle with a Guard of Honor upon his arrival, also commented on the size of the castle grounds.
“I said … we could fit the White House in the courtyard,” he said.
Biden said the queen also asked what life in the White House was like. When reporters asked whether he had invited her to the White House, Biden answered, “Yes.”

Interesting. I guess they could Zoom?

She's (barely) old enough to be your mother, Joe! :lol: (But the man really really loves and respects his mother, so it's a compliment.)

If all of what he said is true, it's further proof that the Queen really takes an interest in what's going on around the world when it comes to geopolitical issues.

It might seem like just a nice cup of tea from the outside but I can clearly imagine her making pertinent questions about serious business.

I mean, HM has been Head of State for longer than any of them. Perhaps she just wants to see what he knows, rather than try to gain info this way. But we all know she's capable of far more than social pleasantries.

Also... is the president meant to say what they talked about, or does the rule of secrecy only apply to ministerial audiences? :lol:

Longer version of today: https://archive.ph/C8wlc, including expansion of the "mother" remark and my question about disclosure (imho, Biden probably won't have to apologize).

I mean, HM has been Head of State for longer than any of them. Perhaps she just wants to see what he knows, rather than try to gain info this way. But we all know she's capable of far more than social pleasantries.

Also... is the president meant to say what they talked about, or does the rule of secrecy only apply to ministerial audiences? :lol:

No one is supposed to discuss what is said in a private conversation with The Queen.

How many times has Queen Elizabeth visited The White House?
Would she have visited the US every decade?

She really looks remarkable and I loved the venue with rainforest focus.

This is the list of official STATE Visits made by The Queen to the US:

As Queen of Canada - 1957 - Jamestown, Washington DC, and New York

- 1959 - Messena and Chicago

As Queen of the UK - 1957 - Jamestown, Washington DC, and New York

- 1976 - Philadelphia, Washington, New York City, New
Haven, Charlottesville, Providence, Boston

- 1983 - San Diego, Palm Springs, Los Angeles, Sierra
Madre, Duarte, Santa Barbara, San Francisco,
Sacramento, Stanford, Palo Alto, Yosemite,
Portland, Seattle

- 1991 - Washington, Arlington, Baltimore, Miami,
Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston

- 2007 - Washington, Richmond, Jamestown,
Williamsburg, Lexington, Louisville, Greenbelt

She has hosted State Visits from the following Presidents (note Biden's visit wasn't a State Visit)

2003 - George W. Bush
2011 - Barack Obama
2019 - Trump

Interesting that she didn't host a State Visit until she had been on the throne for over 50 years while she has made 6 State visits to the US and the first was made was within the first 5 or so years of her accession.

Last edited:
Honestly the Queen looks younger than Mr Biden these days even though she is biologically much older.[/QUOTE
She is truly remarkable for a 95 year old but her very stooped posture and walking ability certainly couldn’t compare her to anyone so much younger. I am encouraged to remember her mother who lived to 102 was it? Plus I am amazed at how she has carried on after the death of her husband.
Watching the BBC coverage they explained that it was a boiling hot day and it was decided that the Queen would not join the President as he walked the length of the guards, as was usual, inspecting them. Instead she remained standing on the Dias, in the sun, with the First Lady. She stood over 10 or 12 minutes in the hot sun.

Last edited:
Lovely photos of the Queen and Joe. She looks younger than both the Bidens. She is pretty in pink.

Lovely photos of the Queen and Joe. She looks younger than both the Bidens. She is pretty in pink.

Yes she does look lovely in that pink color. Actually I've liked all of her recent outfits for the G7 events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom