The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Like what ?
If that genuinely 'escapes you' [rather than you merely being provocative], then i'm not going to waste my time enumerating the ways, [both emotional and practical] HMQ has enhanced the World she has inhabited during her reign..

To many, many millions it IS SELF EVIDENT...

Old 09-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Courtier

I started thinking today, what should I wear to work next Wednesday to honor Her Majesty. I do have a very subtle tiara I could wear and since I don't have any meeting scheduled that day could conceivably get away with it.

Has anyone else thought about what they are going to wear next Wednesday to honor Her Majesty?

Old 09-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
If that genuinely 'escapes you' [rather than you merely being provocative], then i'm not going to waste my time enumerating the ways, [both emotional and practical] HMQ has enhanced the World she has inhabited during her reign..

To many, many millions it IS SELF EVIDENT...
Note that the poster used the phrase "She gives so much to the world". Repeat: the world. That means Her Majesty has left an incredible legacy to the people of Debrecen (Hungary), to the people of Rosarío (Argentina) or the people of Oran (Algeria). Pardon me for making a counterbalance remark to that.

Maybe we can even ask the people in Stoke-on-Trent, Bradford or Nottingham about what the Queen has given "so much" to them, and eeeerh... I dare to claim, most will fall silent after that question, painfully searching in their mind which socially acceptable answer (or not) they can give...

For the rest it is an unblievable milestone for Elizabeth II. Congratulations to her but the provocative question by Mr Starkey what she actually has meant at all in those 63 years was a good one of course.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Majesty

St Paul's Cathedral ‏@StPaulsLondon
Long to reign over us!
St Paul's to mark HM The Queen's 63 years and 217 days on the throne.
https://twitter.com/StPaulsLondon/st...74234845765632

https://www.stpauls.co.uk/news-press...erving-monarch
Old 09-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Only yesterday i was talking to a woman from the Côte d'Ivoire, [a former French Colony] who was waxing lyrical about the concepts of duty and continuity encapsulated by HMQ, and the example it had given her from childhood and when she came to make her home here. Doubtless there are people in the places you give who feel similarly uplifted by what she has represented in a turbulent world of rapid change.

Personally I feel the same about the Dalai Lama, and the current Pope, although I have no geographical or spiritual allegiance to either man. When I see them smile, or interact with people i feel uplifted.

Your desire to belittle does you no credit. Neither does Starkey's, but at least he is paid for his views.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
I started thinking today, what should I wear to work next Wednesday to honor Her Majesty. I do have a very subtle tiara I could wear and since I don't have any meeting scheduled that day could conceivably get away with it.

Has anyone else thought about what they are going to wear next Wednesday to honor Her Majesty?
I may just have to sew some weights into a hem. Pearls will be easy to do. And my largest diamond.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I may just have to sew some weights into a hem. Pearls will be easy to do. And my largest diamond.
LOL about the hem.

Why did I not think about the pearls and diamond, I have both. I bought a (low-cost) three strand pearl necklace because the queen has one.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post

If I could borrow "Granny's chips" from her, I'd happily wear those to work
Old 09-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is certainly a very interesting discussion about the accomplishments of Queen EII. She has definitively contributed to the illusion of stability for Great Britain. But what would really have been different had she not been the Queen? Would the British Empire still exist? Would there have been less or more stability for the British citizens?

She has become an icon for duty and service. But what major accomplishments or changes are directly the result of her involvement?
Old 09-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Majesty

Thank you, ROYAL NORWAY . Her Majesty has such a love.y smile. Never get tired of seeing it. Her entire face lights up.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are great photos some I haven't seen before. Do you know when the one of her with the European Queens and Kings was taken and where ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
They are great photos some I haven't seen before. Do you know when the one of her with the European Queens and Kings was taken and where ?

It was taken for the Golden Jubilee in 2002 at Windsor Castle.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you I would love to see another photo like that now

Old 09-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Thank you I would love to see another photo like that now

I agree, but I don't think that is going to happen any time soon.

More pictures from the same occasion.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a3d8b8e388.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...1d353bb9b2.jpg
Old 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

For me (my opinion only, as always) she is the epitomy of a monarch, she's class personified, she has a great sense of humor and also has the best "we are not amused" face in the world (yes, in the whole world, from Debrecen to Alaska ) when she doesn't like something.

As far as "what has she achieved" i'm getting a bit of a deja vu from the TRF thread "Achievements of Diana, princess of Wales", but for me to name a few things that she did that may have changed things for at least one person in the world: she was one of the first (the first?) royal to visit a leper colony, i think she is a Symbol for many of the Commonwealth countries, she spoke irish on her visit to Ireland, and touched many individual lives

Imo P.Philip is a big support to her, but different than Q.Victoria I've always felt QEII was the true monarch and not steered by her husband; but will leave it at that for comparisons with other monarchs, because as you might have guessed from above, any other comparisons will always have her come out on top

And as i am mainly interested in royalty because of the history of it, i also appreciate that she is both a traditional successor of her father, grandfather etc, but still managed to slowly modernize the archaic monarchy in one which at least will have a chance to continue after her; if she hadn't done that, i think things would start to fall apart real soon...

Oh, and i love her "helicopter entrance" at the 2012 olympics

okay, i'm done now
Old 09-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

In one sentence grevinnan.

As a faultless personification of the values of this country, over a period of over 60 years.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 10h10 hours ago South East, England
On 9 September 2015, The Queen will become the longest reigning British Monarch, surpassing Queen Victoria
https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...20149434122241

This week, we will be looking back at Her Majesty's work as Monarch, decade-by-decade
https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...20682081370112

HM: 'There is a motto which has been borne by many of my ancestors - a noble motto, "I serve"'
https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...23016605798400

The Queen's reign:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/P...ublicLife.aspx

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

From the earliest days, The Queen took up her new role with energetic commitment
https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...66665540562944